Alireza Jahanbakhsh @ Brighton & Hove Albion | 2018-2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
    before this knockaert hadnt scored in 7 months. Not sure that one goal means hes great at finishing lol
    Fair enough, but today isn't the best day to say Knockaert can't finish. That was a great finish he had in extra time.

Comment

Originally posted by Iranianarsenal11 View Post
      Fair enough, but today isn't the best day to say Knockaert can't finish. That was a great finish he had in extra time.
      and when it mattered to tie the match, he missed an even easier chance! Actually not a bad day to say he cant finish, yes he scored a consolation when the game was done, but couldnt finish a simple one on one to tie it up... At any rate, if ARJ doesnt start in front of march next week, its fair to say CH doesnt want to win.

His tactic of literally doing nothing for 70 mins then trying to score for 20 mins is really lame and pathetic. IF they were playing counter attack the whole game, thats one tactic. But they literally DO NOTHING for almost the entirety of the match, EVERY MATCH. Waiting for brighton fans to come tell us how CH is really smart and EPL defenders are really tough and hard to get past. Their excuses are lame and typical small club mentality. No clue why ARJ was so eager to come here, shit hole of a team.

Comment

Originally posted by ehsan_REAL1 View Post
        Can't believe they put a record signing on the bench 2 months into the season
        Lol, they did the exact same with their last club record signing.

Comment

Originally posted by Iranianarsenal11 View Post
          he also missed at least two would be sitters ....from what i saw because he simply isnt a good two footed finisher..!! he dickers too long with the ball and takes way too long to decide what to do in front of the goal and he only feels comfortable taking left footed shots ..!! as mentioned, 7 months dry spell prior to today is also clear testament to those weaknesses ..!

Comment

did u miss his 1 on 1 with the keeper where he choked...

Comment

Just looking through the Brighton forum and they are the same as us, they are begging for ARJ to start.

Comment

Clearly the current formula of starters is not getting the job done. CH needs to reassess and make some significant changes...including ARJ starting. They literally paid a fortune (for club standards) to get ARJ, what are they waiting for?

Comment

Just got back from the match. Initial impressions:

1) Most of the action was at the other end and obscured by the rain, so the TV view might be able to see who was responsible for the misses and penalty. Enough of interest to replay it later. (unlike the Southampton game)
                  2) With the absence of Pascal Groß, the injury of Stephens was a body blow and also mucked up the game plan.
                  3) The most exciting thing about the first half was a Peregrine Falcon coming home to roost in the West Stand.
                  4) Spurs were very hard to get the ball off. About the hardest so far this season and last.
                  5) Second half was much better.
                  6) Bruno would most likely have prevented the second goal and his composure at the back was missed.
                  7) First substitution was 5 minutes too late. If it wasn't for the injury to Stephens, I would have made it at half time.

Summary: A bit of a mixture between Man U 0 Spurs 3 and Inter 2 Spurs 1 in the pattern and standard of play from Spurs. Just a different opposition. It was the same Spurs.

Additional notes: Knockaert returned to his standard of two years ago, usual hot and cold, two poor crosses, a goal and a second shot that was not good enough. Lots of effort. There was one more miss, which I thought was a very bad one.

Addenda: I think Izquierdo is the best winger/striker at Brighton.

Comment

This was my first Brighton match. I have to agree that the team had really no plans for the first 80 minutes. And March is useless.
                    .... At the end I am nothing other than ordinary

Comment

Originally posted by Perseus View Post
                      Just got back from the match. Initial impressions:

1) Most of the action was at the other end and obscured by the rain, so the TV view might be able to see who was responsible for the misses and penalty. Enough of interest to replay it later. (unlike the Southampton game)
                      2) With the absence of Pascal Groß, the injury of Stephens was a body blow and also mucked up the game plan.
                      3) The most exciting thing about the first half was a Peregrine Falcon coming home to roost in the West Stand.
                      4) Spurs were very hard to get the ball off. About the hardest so far this season and last.
                      5) Second half was much better.
                      6) Bruno would most likely have prevented the second goal and his composure at the back was missed.
                      7) First substitution was 5 minutes too late. If it wasn't for the injury to Stephens, I would have made it at half time.

Summary: A bit of a mixture between Man U 0 Spurs 3 and Juventus 2 Spurs 1 in the pattern and standard of play from Spurs. Just a different opposition. It was the same Spurs.

Additional notes: Knockaert returned to his standard of two years ago, usual hot and cold, two poor crosses, a goal and a second shot that was not good enough. Lots of effort. There was one more miss, which I thought was a very bad one.

Addenda: I think Izquierdo is the best winger/striker at Brighton.
                      you mention a lot of specifics, some neither here nor there. Why dont you address the main points.

Why is there such a reluctance by Brighton to take the initiative in the first 80 mins of matches, and if thats over reacting, then at least the first 45. Ive never seen this team make a fast start.

What exactly is solly march bringing to the table that ARJ could not bring? I mean I would really like to see ONE meaningful, reasonable explanation.

Comment

First MOTD where ARJ was mentioned by name
                        Also seeing Knockaert’s goal again it was lovely and also was a great run by ARJ to set him up at the end and he had enough time and space to do much better with his shot.

Danny Murphy says Brighton let themselves down by not getting at a team who had lost three games in a row and showed them too much respect.

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
                          you mention a lot of specifics, some neither here nor there. Why dont you address the main points.
                          Why is there such a reluctance by Brighton to take the initiative in the first 80 mins of matches, and if thats over reacting, then at least the first 45. Ive never seen this team make a fast start.
                          What exactly is solly march bringing to the table that ARJ could not bring? I mean I would really like to see ONE meaningful, reasonable explanation.
                          Brighton do selective pressing because they are not fit enough to chase shadows for the whole of the game. If you saw Man United inept attempt to press Spurs five games ago, you can see what happens 0-3. I am not a great fan of gegenpressing as it loses shape in defence. Liverpool and Man City can do it because their forwards can shoot and score goals quicker than they concede. If Brighton start of at full pelt they tend to burn out before the end, unless they step off the pedal in the middle of the game. This was not the reason for the Southampton first half fiasco though. That was dealing with absence of Pascal Groß as it turns out there is not a like for like replacement.

Special needs against Spurs is a ball winner in midfield.

I am not a great fan of Solly March and never have been but I am not in habit of making him a scapegoat. The Solly March skillset and decision making is not my cuppa tea and he does not have enough other assets to make up for this and it shows against half the full backs in the Premier League, even with half the lesser clubs. I do not know if Alireza Jahanbakhsh can play on the left? Izquierdo would be first choice if fit, probably.

I've only seen Jahanbakhsh play in the few substitute brevities and the U23 appearance and the video. I don't know if he can play on the left and how good he is? Against Spurs he played all over the park, on the right 50%, left and central. On those stats he could start in the Groß position as creator but also as second striker behind Murray.

Brighton are in transition. Bruno is by far the best right back, but he is nearing the end of his career and Montoya might need playing time to get up to speed. Murray is the same and may be replaced by Andone before the season is out?

Comment

Brighton have had a difficult start to the season, fixture wise. Their next game is away to Man City. Can't see anything past a comfortable city victory like today's. Probably better for ARJ's stock if he avoids that one too.

After that, they have a really nice run of fixtures.

West Ham (H)
                            Newcastle (A)
                            Wolves (H)
                            Everton (A)
                            Cardiff (A)
                            Leicester (H)
                            Huddersfield (A)
                            Crystal Palace (H)
                            Burnley (A)

Perfect time to introduce ARJ to the starting line up. He'll benefit from more attacking possession and chance created in these games. Almost all of them are winable / BHAFC will expect to take something from each game. Everton away is perhaps the toughest game.

Comment

This is how I know he's assimilated with the team and ready to show what he can do and contribute to the team... Knockaert's Instagram post:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BoECbHRA...d=fxsog3l61t8k

Comment

ARJ touches v Spurs

https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/12...hton-Tottenham

Comment

Working...
                                X