Alireza Jahanbakhsh @ Brighton & Hove Albion | 2018-2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

https://twitter.com/i/status/992543891764252672

I think Knocky has upped his game. Solly March did not have a very good game though.

Next game is home to Spurs. I don't think we are going to beat them toe to toe. We need some pace or threat up front to discourage Spurs from playing too much in our half. Izquierdo would be the obvious choice if he was fully fit. I don't think Florin Andone would be match fit and Schelotto is out of favour.

Addenda:
    U23 fixtures: https://www.brightonandhovealbion.co...xturesresults/

Comment

Spurs lose at Inter. Can anybody see Spurs losing four on the trot?

Comment

Originally posted by Perseus View Post
        Its Spurs. So yes.

Comment

Originally posted by Perseus View Post
          It depends. If hughton decides to play scared and defensive and not utilize his offensive weapons, then no. Spurs will rebound. But now their is some weakness and doubt in spurs team. ARJ and Knocky attacking their full backs early on, whole team 10-15 yards up the pitch, with brighton home crowd, and then it becomes a real possibility to knick an early goal and then sit back and ply on the break.

I have watched all brightons game this season, and the reality is, if this team wants to truly improve on last seasons finish, they need to be braver. They have good quality wingers in Izquierdo, ARJ, Knockaert good mids in Bissouma and Gross, and a great goal getter in murray. Especially vs sides that are around your level, like southampton, there is no reason to play with so much fear.

And the fullbacks, montoya seems to be settling in, and although bernardo had a tough start, there is no doubt his pedigree is higher than bong. Bong must be one of the worst full backs on the offensive end, ive never seen somebody put in so many aimless crosses. And he gave away a PK. Bernardo is very good offensively, and may take a few games to settle into PL, but thats ok, the potential upside is much higher than bong.

Comment

Will CQ stop calling JB now that he's not being used in his usual spot at RW?
            Remember CQ's silly excuse for dropping ghafouri?

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor DOOM View Post

If you have seen Ghafouri play the last month or so, he was 100% right.

Comment

Remember when we sucked before cq?
                Oh yeah i do
                WE ARE THE UNDER DOGS

Comment

Ghafouri actually played LW against Al-Sadd in Qatar lol.
                  He wasn't starter btw, came as sub!

Comment

Originally posted by Tehranto View Post
                    If you have seen Ghafouri play the last month or so, he was 100% right.
                    Why look at Ghafouri?

All you had to look at was Ramin's performance which was arguably one of the best rated.

Comment

ghafouri was so bad vs uzbek i mean seeing is really believing with that guy.

Comment

Well that wasn't exactly what he said - but of course fans will hear what they want.

The position change itself was not the whole issue - meaning it wasn't that CQ refused to play him at RW. It is just that at RW, he was way lower on the depth chart.

Meaning, he was not going to beat the other wingers and make the team that way.

There is a difference between saying I won't play you at RW and I can't play you at RW.

Won't - means he doesn't want to use him in that position.

Can't - means he's open to playing him there, but there are 2-3 RW who are ahead of him on the chart.

Now with JB on the other hand, I think he can play RW, LW, or CM - and he'd still be ahead of most players on the TM depth chart.

Comment

I saw the last 15 minutes of the game, and I thought JB did pretty well. Was unlucky not to score with that backheel shot, in contrast to Locadia who was absolute garbage.

Comment

Of course I know JB will be included. 100%.
                            My jab was at the silly excuse CQ gave for leaving Ghafouri out before the WC, when he could have explained his reasons without insulting ppl's intelligence with that nonsensical statement.

bear in mind, Ghafouri was doing fantastic in months prior to the WC. Many confessed he was way better than Ramin, who actually wasnt doing so well.
                            Those who pick 1 or maximum 2 games to prove something ... well, they shd stop it coz it's pretty silly.

next, Ramin did decently at the WC. But certainly not what some of us exaggerate it.
                            And we dont know if that in-form Ghafouri would have done any less.
                            we usually try to opine AFTER an event and claim we'd know it prior to it! No.

Anyway, my post was to point out what CQ does off and on, with his discounting of fans with absurd statements.
                            While I support much of what he's done, I will not be a blind follower, overlooking such things also.

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
                              It depends. If hughton decides to play scared and defensive and not utilize his offensive weapons, then no. Spurs will rebound. But now their is some weakness and doubt in spurs team. ARJ and Knocky attacking their full backs early on, whole team 10-15 yards up the pitch, with brighton home crowd, and then it becomes a real possibility to knick an early goal and then sit back and ply on the break.
                              I have watched all brightons game this season, and the reality is, if this team wants to truly improve on last seasons finish, they need to be braver. They have good quality wingers in Izquierdo, ARJ, Knockaert good mids in Bissouma and Gross, and a great goal getter in murray. Especially vs sides that are around your level, like southampton, there is no reason to play with so much fear.
                              And the fullbacks, montoya seems to be settling in, and although bernardo had a tough start, there is no doubt his pedigree is higher than bong. Bong must be one of the worst full backs on the offensive end, ive never seen somebody put in so many aimless crosses. And he gave away a PK. Bernardo is very good offensively, and may take a few games to settle into PL, but thats ok, the potential upside is much higher than bong.
                              Difficult game last season 1-1. Attractive game though with Spurs not able to put any pressure on, but tight at the back and Brighton wary of sudden breaks with the speed of Son.

From the back end of last season, Brighton are missing the composure and overlaps of Bruno at right back and the speed threat of Izquierdo on the left wing. With playing two inverted wingers (Knockaert and Izquierdo) the most crosses come from the full backs and Pascal Groß. So as Montoya does not seem to get forward we are lacking a wide right threat this season. Solly March does not provide a left wing threat either. Murray needs a partner upfront as he can't do it all on his own.

System 4-4-1-1 with two inverted wingers means our two defensive midfielders Stephens and Pröpper get outnumbered in the middle of the park. This is most noticeable when we play away.

Alireza Jahanbakhsh has a 50% chance of starting in place of Solly March. The other alternative is a return of Pascal Groß.

Bong is playing hot and cold. Good at home. Davy Pröpper is decidedly luke-warm to tepid this season, losing the ball too often in half the games.

Comment

PS: Pascal Groß is injured and expected to miss a few games.

Alireza Jahanbakhsh or Yves Bissouma to start?

Comment

Working...
                                X