Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kas-r View Post
    Dutch TV-program Veronica Inside

Interviewer: in the Netherlands you were the big star player, and now we see you on the bench at Brighton. Does that disappoint you?

Jahanbakhsh: I think it is normal that when you are at a new club, it takes take time to know everything, your fellow players, the club, the tactics, techniques, so yes it takes some time, but everything will definitely turn out fine.
    This is a great answer. ARJ is already visualizing a path to success and he is confident that he will get there.

Comment

A Dutch guy has joined our office today, he's Feynenoord fan, should I ask him about AJ?

Comment

Originally posted by Abtin View Post
        A Dutch guy has joined our office today, he's Feynenoord fan, should I ask him about AJ?
        why not, see what he thinks, maybe get a new perspective

Comment

^ you better ask him about the 10-0 loss to PSV

or just general Trivia questions about Ajax.

Comment

ARJ is the most intelligent, dashingly handsome footballer Iran has ever seen! The guy is so freakin GQ ( im straight btw!) very smart , well spoken and all around great guy, he is a poster boy for World soccer!

Comment

As much as we all love ARJ, his performances in TM are pretty much consistently ineffective. It has a lot to do with the system just not suiting him. I hope CQ can get more out of him leading up to and in the AC. We need more production from our wingers,midfielders in terms of goals, when was the last time a midfielder scored for us besides ashkan pks?

Comment

Could it be that us as fans, myself included, overrate him a bit? Let's take a look. He had one amazing year in a league that's not very strong. He has never really shined for TM and is having a adjustment period in the EPL.

When I watch him, I just feel like he is does not have a quick twitch muscle and isn't explosive like most elite wingers. He picks up speed once he get going, but doesn't have that short burst. He is a smart player with a very good shot, but not as technically gifted as a guy like Golizadeh.

Comment

Originally posted by PEJ View Post
                  Could it be that us as fans, myself included, overrate him a bit? Let's take a look. He had one amazing year in a league that's not very strong. He has never really shined for TM and is having a adjustment period in the EPL.
                  When I watch him, I just feel like he is does not have a quick twitch muscle and isn't explosive like most elite wingers. He picks up speed once he get going, but doesn't have that short burst. He is a smart player with a very good shot, but not as technically gifted as a guy like Golizadeh.
                  Nope. He is a once in a generation Iranian player. Smart, Quick, great passer, strong shot, physical, Comes back on defense,etc... His "struggles" with TM has to do with the tactics Veronica Crabtree deploys.
                  Last edited by The; 09-12-2018, 09:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
                    As much as we all love ARJ, his performances in TM are pretty much consistently ineffective. It has a lot to do with the system just not suiting him. I hope CQ can get more out of him leading up to and in the AC. We need more production from our wingers,midfielders in terms of goals, when was the last time a midfielder scored for us besides ashkan pks?
                    I love his character, hard working attitude and determination. But I do think he is currently one of our most overrated legionnaires. He is almost invisible every game for TM, and same goes for when he played Ajax, PSV, Feyenoord back in the Eredivisie.

Comment

Jahanbaksh is overrated. he earned a "big" money move from a a very weak league and will never score 10 goals in the prem. I wish but ashkan a few years ago in the prem on a different level.

Comment

Some of us that know European football and especially the Dutch league did mention not to fall for the stats and typical Irooni hype and like I've mentioned before, if he doesn't perform in EPL then he's not the real deal.

I still think it's early to judge him. I'll make my mind about him at the end of the year but personally I don't rate him that high and this is why I hate the dutch league.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiarash View Post
                          I love his character, hard working attitude and determination. But I do think he is currently one of our most overrated legionnaires. He is almost invisible every game for TM, and same goes for when he played Ajax, PSV, Feyenoord back in the Eredivisie.
                          That’s not totally true. He was very good vs PSV multiple games, same with Ajax and multiple Europa league matches ( think lyon). I think the issue is that for him to show himself really well his team needs a lot of possession and players around him who make intelligent runs. In TM when we had good spells of possession he contributed well, same with AZ. But when we don’t have possession, although he does good on defense, he just isn’t dynamic enough to carry the ball 40 yards and create a chance

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
                            That’s not totally true. He was very good vs PSV multiple games, same with Ajax and multiple Europa league matches ( think lyon). I think the issue is that for him to show himself really well his team needs a lot of possession and players around him who make intelligent runs. In TM when we had good spells of possession he contributed well, same with AZ. But when we don’t have possession, although he does good on defense, he just isn’t dynamic enough to carry the ball 40 yards and create a chance
                            Exactly, nowadays to be an elite winger in top European leagues you need to be as much as decisive as a striker. Wingers like Hazard, Sane, Sterling, Depay and such can create chances themselves out of nowhere and score. Jahanbakhsh isn't the type of forward who carries you through difficult games unfortunately.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiarash View Post
                              Exactly, nowadays to be an elite winger in top European leagues you need to be as much as decisive as a striker. Wingers like Hazard, Sane, Sterling, Depay and such can create chances themselves out of nowhere and score. Jahanbakhsh isn't the type of forward who carries you through difficult games unfortunately.
                              I think he can be. He was like that for AZ, and his goal vs Qatar for Iran was like that. He scored a phenomenal goal if you remember from outside the box.

Of course EPL is very different from the Dutch league, but I have faith that he can grow his confidence and score and win games for Brighton!

Comment

Also we need to remember, one of his main traits is link up play with teammates. He had such a great understanding with his CF weghirdt, his rb svensson, and the kids like til and koopmeiners, the Norwegian guy too, and that contributed a lot to his great form last season.

Once he understands Murray’s movements, montoyas play, groß, then we will see him really shine

Comment

Working...
                                X