This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kami_kakashi View Post
    Anti CQ camp losing their logic a bit now. The preparation is pretty decent as we are preparing for AC where we will play most of our games against minnows.

Portugal camp was a warm up to get the team together
    Palestine friendly prep for Asian Minnows
    Korea friendly to prep for Asian tier 1
    South Africa friendly to prep for tier 1 Asian teams
    Zimbabwe prep for Asian minnows
    Iraq prep for Asian tier 2

Looks pretty decent
    Sweet mother of god Kami jaan. You start by saying the anti CQ camp, whatever that means, is losing their logic and then lay down the following logic:

* Palestine, the only team that can be considered a minnow in the tournament is to prepare us for playing against Asian minnows, none of which other than Palestine are even in the tournament, let alone in our group!

* Zimbabwe (also ranked in the 3 digits along with Palestine) is also to prepare us for minnows. Just for the sake of argument, lets assume that Bahrain who we tied the last two times we played is a minnow. So, we we are playing two friendlies just to prepare for the 1st game against the worst team we will be facing in the tournament!

* As far as I know, the Iraq game not been confirmed so we should not include it in the discussion.

* Then you expect S. Africa not only to cancel all its domestic league games scheduled for December 14-16th to call up its domestic players, but also call its foreign based players right before the mid season break on a non FIFA date just so that it can field its A team and prepare us for Asian tier 1 teams.

* Finally, the S. Korea game is a GREAT friendly and sadly enough the only official game in which CQ had no role!

Comment

http://www.tasnimnews.com/English/Home/Single/540902http://www.tasnimnews.com/English/Home/Single/540560

Comment

lol@ Carlo Tavecchio. He is infamous for being racist.
        http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/29525073

Comment

seems like very bad news in SA.

Comment

Sv: TM-News-

Originally posted by Ab-Gosht View Post
            What? The camp is cancelled? If it's "no friendlies", we aren't surprised..

Comment

Originally posted by Abtin View Post
              What? The camp is cancelled? If it's "no friendlies", we aren't surprised..
              SA captain shot to dead rip

Comment

SA captain shot to dead rip
                WHAT?!?!! How the fuck could that happen?!?!!?!?

Comment

Damn..he was shot dead on his birth day. RIP

Comment

Originally posted by K. Nader View Post
                    Yes, I am the President of the IFF. It's good to know that condescension starts at a young age amongst Iranians.

1. CQ WILL be evaluated after the Asian Cup, as was stated when he renewed his contract. At a bare minimum, I expect this team to make the semi-finals. Worst case scenario, there's the possibility of facing Japan in the QF and in that case, we'll have to see how the match goes. As for your prediction of us getting eliminated in the group stages, I don't know what you're doing following Iranian football. We've only ever been eliminated at that level once in the history of the Asian Cup (1992), so why you'd think a World Cup calibre team is going to falter at the first hurdle against inferior opposition is beyond me.

2. Who said I'm against Iranian coaches? I am against unqualified coaches and Daei and Ghalenoei fit in that category. In contrast, I believe that Ghotbi was a decent appointment and carried the team relatively well in the time he was in charge. Ghotbi probably had the weakest crop of players in his squad but was able to implement a semi-organized system in Team Melli. Topping our group with 9 points and losing to a South Korea squad that had barely lost to Uruguay in the Round of 16 six months prior in the 2010 World Cup is nothing to be ashamed of. No, Ghotbi did not accomplish great things with Team Melli but he wasn't the failure some people make him out to be. Unlike Daei and Ghalenoei, he took the time to get his coaching licenses and worked in respectable high-profile positions before getting the job.

Ghalenoei was quite possibly the worst Team Melli coach I've witnessed (more-so than Daei). At the time of his appointment, he had only won the league once alongside a Hazfi Cup. He inherited at highly talented squad and opted for ridiculous line-ups favoring Esteghlal players (Rugs has written about this quite a bit in the past). He then took the squad to the 2007 Asian Cup where we struggled past Uzbekistan, scraped a draw with China, and beat an already-eliminated Malaysia. He then took what many believed was our 'Golden Generation' and lost to South Korea's U23 team. Even in Nekounam's interview against GN, he claimed that GN told the players to come up with their own strategy during half-time at which point some players lost it completely. To make it abundantly clear, this man struggled to get his team out of the group stages with players such as Nekounam, Teymourian, Karimi, Mahdavikia, R. Rezaei, Hosseini, Kaebi, Hashemian, and Zandi. Also, unlike the 2006 World Cup, all our players were perfectly healthy.

As for Daei, his biggest asset was that he gave opportunities to some of the younger players at the time. However, he had zero coaching experience (aside from his stint as Saipa's player-coach), zero coaching credentials, and a very poor tactical mind. What's worse, is that he wouldn't invite players simply because he personally wasn't on good terms with them (i.e. Mobali, Ali Karimi in his prime). Look at Persepolis, they've assembled some of the best Iranian footballers over the past few seasons but Daei was useless to the point that Persepolis fans wanted him out.

3. Going back to Queiroz. Yes, Iran did screw up against Lebanon and Uzbekistan however, CQ was someone worth giving the benefit of the doubt to see if he could turn it around (which he did). In any line of work, referrals and recognition can go a long way.
                    As a fan, statements like these inspire belief that a person like CQ can change our predicaments. Not only did he do that, he turned us into one of the most physically well-drilled teams at the World Cup. The Iran - Argentina game will also go down as one the best we've every played in our history (regardless of the result).

Even countries like Japan, S. Korea, and Australia are able to hustle for much longer fell apart physically during their matches. Fitness will be key in the Asian Cup, especially given the blistering heat of Australia during that time.

I don't care if you support Queiroz or not - that's your decision to make. However, I take issue with weak arguments that are substantiated with emotion rather than logic.
                    I did not want to come back due to lack of time but I decided to reply only to this comment.

Here are my answers Mr. President of IFF Nader:

1. Do not look at history of teams when the AC 2015 starts. My prediction is group stage exit because of poor preparation, and other reasons which I prefer to not mention because it will drag flame again.

2. It was IFF fault that they appointed Daei and even GN at the wrong time. However you should understand the following:

a. When a coach does not do well in his first spell for the national team that does not mean that they should never be close to the national team again. One example is Louis Van Gaal. Louis Van Gaal of Holland 2002 was a lot worse than GN of 2007. Louis Van Gaal even failed to qualify Netherlands for WC. They did not qualify even for play off spot. 10 years after that, Van Gaal became Netherlands coach again. When he was appointed as Holland coach, it was asked from their federation whether they made the right decision or not based on Van Gaal performance as head coach of Holland in his first spell, then the president of Holland federation said that he has no doubt Van Gaal is correct choice this time. I remember that after failing to qualify for WC 2002, Dutch fans said he was the worse coach of Holland history and he should never be closed to the NT again. Basically Holland federation looked to his resumeye bade WCQ 2002. Now what happened? Van Gaal performed better than Van Basten, Advocaat, Hiddink, etc in his second spell. He qualified the team with 9 victories and 1 draw and finished third in the WC where Holland won against teams like Spain and Brazil with results like 5-1 and 3-0. His tactical generous rescued Holland against Mexico and Costa Rica. After the end of that WC, Dutch fans said Van Gaal almost erased the bitter memory of 2001 by doing wonderful job in his second spell and they all thanked him.

GN did bad in ACL in first couple years but he became more experienced and finished top 4 with Esteghlal in ACL and he could won the ACKL with Sepahan if he would have continued with Sepahan (The Sepahan sold Some key players.

2. How about Roy Hodgson? England finished bottom of the group with only 1 point but England gave him another chance. Did Maradona have any coaching experience when he became Argentina coach? No but he continued until the end and qualified Argentina to the WC. What I am saying is that we need to trust Iranians more. Note that GN won many of his matches as TM coach. Whether you like it or not, Daei was sack at worse time. He should have finished what he started and if we wticked with GN we would have been better than Daei and the beginning of Ghotbi where A. Ghotbi failed against North Korea in WCQ 2010.

3. If that Korea team in AC 2007 was their U23 team and it was very weak team how they beat full strength of Japan team in that tournament????????????????? I do not like when someone thinks like that.

4. The main thing that makes me angry is that if anyone worship CQ. CQ sits on the bench whenever he wants (Estoril, WAFF games), he goes vacation whenever he wants, he talks with the presidents of clubs and federations whenever he wants (This is not his job. He should not have power more than he should have), and a few idiot may worship him. He should be criticized for refusing to play friendly matches against Asian national teams (We are playing in Asian cup, no African Cup), and many other things. we will see in Asian cup whether his ideas are old for TM or not but I predict group stage exit at this point.

5. There was discussion about this in Big-Sopccer. Iran had worse possible preparation for AC 2015. No friendly match and playing against club sides is different. Iran will not learn from those games and players need to play against national teams to be familiar with atmosphere of national games. When Iran plays against Estoril and Benfica it is like Germany plays against Atletico Madrid and Real sociedad. The national teams are classier than playing against club sides regularly. For AC 2011, we had much better preparation like friendly matches against Bosnia, Bahrain, Uzbekistan, Mali, Qatar, North Korea, Armenia, China, South Korea, Qatar, Brazil, and Angola, but our preparation for AC 2015 is poor at this point.

6. Note CQ was assitant in Man united. I prefer being successful in average clubs of top football countries as head coach than being successful as a head coach of best teams.

Comment

Fuck hope the game isnt cancelled if its arranged?
                      sigpic

Comment

South African footballer shot dead

South Africa's football captain and goalkeeper Senzo Meyiwa has died after being shot, South African police say.

The incident reportedly happened at Meyiwa's girlfriend's house in Vosloorus, south of Johannesburg.

The 27-year-old played for Orlando Pirates and had played in South Africa's last four Africa Cup of Nations qualifiers.

On Saturday, he was in action for his club, when they progressed to the semi-finals of the South African League Cup.

In a statement, the South African Police Service said two men had entered the house, around 20:00 (18:00 GMT), while a third man remained outside.

All three fled after shots were fired, in what local media reports say was an attempted burglary.

A reward of about $14,000 has been offered for information leading to the suspects' arrest.

Meyiwa was declared dead on arrival at the hospital.

He started playing for Orlando Pirates, based in the Parktown district of Johannesburg, in 2005.

"This is a sad loss whichever way you look at it, to Senzo's family, his extended family, Orlando Pirates and to the nation.'' said Pirates' chairman Irvin Khoza.

Last year, the Pirates were runners-up in the CAF Champions League. losing 3-1 on aggregate to Al Ahly of Egypt.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-29781978
                        Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

Originally posted by Arash_1998 View Post
                          I did not want to come back due to lack of time but I decided to reply only to this comment.

1. Do not look at history of teams when the AC 2015 starts. My prediction is group stage exit because of poor preparation, and other reasons which I prefer to not mention because it will drag flame again.

2. It was IFF fault that they appointed Daei and even GN at the wrong time. However you should understand the following:

a. When a coach does not do well in his first spell for the national team that does not mean that they should never be close to the national team again. One example is Louis Van Gaal. Louis Van Gaal of Holland 2002 was a lot worse than GN of 2007. Louis Van Gaal even failed to qualify Netherlands for WC. They did not qualify even for play off spot. 10 years after that, Van Gaal became Netherlands coach again. When he was appointed as Holland coach, it was asked from their federation whether they made the right decision or not based on Van Gaal performance as head coach of Holland in his first spell, then the president of Holland federation said that he has no doubt Van Gaal is correct choice this time. I remember that after failing to qualify for WC 2002, Dutch fans said he was the worse coach of Holland history and he should never be closed to the NT again. Basically Holland federation looked to his resumeye bade WCQ 2002. Now what happened? Van Gaal performed better than Van Basten, Advocaat, Hiddink, etc in his second spell. He qualified the team with 9 victories and 1 draw and finished third in the WC where Holland won against teams like Spain and Brazil with results like 5-1 and 3-0. His tactical generous rescued Holland against Mexico and Costa Rica. After the end of that WC, Dutch fans said Van Gaal almost erased the bitter memory of 2001 by doing wonderful job in his second spell and they all thanked him.

GN did bad in ACL in first couple years but he became more experienced and finished top 4 with Esteghlal in ACL and he could won the ACKL with Sepahan if he would have continued with Sepahan (The Sepahan sold Some key players.

2. How about Roy Hodgson? England finished bottom of the group with only 1 point but England gave him another chance. Did Maradona have any coaching experience when he became Argentina coach? No but he continued until the end and qualified Argentina to the WC. What I am saying is that we need to trust Iranians more. Note that GN won many of his matches as TM coach. Whether you like it or not, Daei was sack at worse time. He should have finished what he started and if we wticked with GN we would have been better than Daei and the beginning of Ghotbi where A. Ghotbi failed against North Korea in WCQ 2010.

3. If that Korea team in AC 2007 was their U23 team and it was very weak team how they beat full strength of Japan team in that tournament????????????????? I do not like when someone thinks like that.

4. The main thing that makes me angry is that if anyone worship CQ. CQ sits on the bench whenever he wants (Estoril, WAFF games), he goes vacation whenever he wants, he talks with the presidents of clubs and federations whenever he wants (This is not his job. He should not have power more than he should have), and a few idiot may worship him. He should be criticized for refusing to play friendly matches against Asian national teams (We are playing in Asian cup, no African Cup), and many other things. we will see in Asian cup whether his ideas are old for TM or not but I predict group stage exit at this point.

5. There was discussion about this in Big-Sopccer. Iran had worse possible preparation for AC 2015. No friendly match and playing against club sides is different. Iran will not learn from those games and players need to play against national teams to be familiar with atmosphere of national games. When Iran plays against Estoril and Benfica it is like Germany plays against Atletico Madrid and Real sociedad. The national teams are classier than playing against club sides regularly. For AC 2011, we had much better preparation like friendly matches against Bosnia, Bahrain, Uzbekistan, Mali, Qatar, North Korea, Armenia, China, South Korea, Qatar, Brazil, and Angola, but our preparation for AC 2015 is poor at this point.

6. Note CQ was assitant in Man united. I prefer being successful in average clubs of top football countries as head coach than being successful as a head coach of best teams.
                          i like your answer, but some are funny, you believe iran will get eliminated in group stage?i dont see it happening at all under any conditions,even if little preperation, however iran will have mostly the samw players from wc 2014, the players know the tactics and the way to play.also please mention the other reasons,i would love to hear it. i dont wanna compare 2007 u-23 korea team to 2015 japan team, i dont see the similarities, i believe we have a good team and fresh players are in the team now. i agree we dont have good preparation, however we can still go far. the fact is he was a head coach, he was brought to teams like manchester united and real madrid due to his tactics expecially defensive building. even though he was assistant, however in gams like manu-barca in 2007 semis, he was key to keeping messi quite and united winning the whole thing.he is a good coach and i dont see why ppl say we need a head coach, also a good head coach is expensive, even roy hodgson is expensive for Iran and i am being honest now.

Comment

Every so often we have to rehash the same arguments and discussion. I am not sure how many times i have heard the same arguments revisited and laid out. It usually is in the lull when not much is happening and people want to discuss something after all. Oh well...

Comment

1. Preparation is not measured only by quality of friendlies you have. CQ once said, "There are countries that whose players are trained in clubs and others whose players are trained in the National Team - Iran is the latter". Not only is the quality of our league poor, no attention is paid to proper physical fitness. For years, one of the national team's biggest short comings was the lack of physical fitness against stronger opposition (and even against the likes of South Korea and Japan). These camps are necessary in preparing our players for a tournament in which they may possibly have to play 6 matches in the span of 3 weeks. Go and look at the games we played leading up to the Asian Cup since the 2004 edition. I can argue that we had the weakest preparation in 2004 but we also attained the best results. In contrast, we had quite a decent line-up of games before the 2011 Asian Cup but still lost in Extra-Time to South Korea.

If the World Cup was reflective of anything, it's that the extended camps are doing a good job preparing Team Melli for the big games. The team was well organized and was near-perfect defensively in the first two games. With more offensive power for the Asian Cup, we'll be able to see a better attacking dimension to Team Melli's game.

2. Yes, the IFF did make a mistake. I don't even know why you're comparing Louis Van Gaal to Ghalenoei. LVG - even if he had a poor 1st spell with the Dutch NT - has had an illustrious career in European football both before and after that stint. His re-appointment was a fair one because he had the necessary credentials. In contrast, Daei has barely improved as a coach. Ghalenoei has done well for himself in winning several more league titles but he's still clueless at the Asian level. Much of his success in the semi-final run with Esteghlal was due to the quality of players he had. The team barely demonstrated any tactics and was beaten at the first hurdle against the Korean club (including an embarrassing loss in Azadi Stadium). Even in IPL nowadays, Ghalenoei is being out-classed by younger, more intelligent coaches.

As for the other coaches you mentioned, Roy Hodgson is a clown and the FA has done a terrible job when it comes to the National Team. Every English friend/acquaintance I have has basically given up on their National Team. As for Maradona, he took an excellent Argentine side and qualified them for the World Cup in the last spot on the last day. Yes, they stuck with him and made the World Cup but it's quite unacceptable that a team that normally finishes 1st/2nd in qualifying came in 5th.

3. It wasn't entirely an U-23 team but they were missing many important player (Park Ji Sung, Ahn Jung Hwan, Cha Du Ri, Lee Yong Pyo, etc.). If we went to the Asian Cup without Nekounam, Jahanbakhsh, Ghoochannejhad, Hosseini, and Teymourian, everyone here will be saying that we sent our B-team. Yes, South Korea beat Japan in penalties in the 3rd-place match but they also lost to Iraq (in penalties), lost to Bahrain, drew Saudi Arabia, and just scraped past Indonesia. Despite their decent tournament result, Pim Verbeek (their coach at the time) has said that it was a depleted squad. In contrast, we had a healthy A-squad that was perfectly capable of winning in regular time. Ghalenoei's performance as a coach was abysmal in that tournament.

4. This just goes back to how he likes to prepare the team. Also, drop the whole 'he's on vacation all the time complaint'. It's nonsense. Everyone that has worked with CQ, from his assistants in Iran, to the players and 'spectator' coaches (i.e. Veisi) have only said good things about him and his work ethic. The rest of your post is just you blowing off unnecessary steam.

5. Points on preparation have already been addressed. The rest you saying more of the same.

6. Yes, CQ was the assistant in Manchester United - and an excellent one. Although much of the attention is normally placed on head coaches, there is no doubting his importance to the success of Manchester United during the time he was there. Ferguson has attested to this and as have the players that he closely worked with.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just a question: Is your username Arash_1998 indicative that you're 15/16. I don't ask that as a means to play the age trump card. I believe anyone of any age is possible of posting proper and sensible posts. I only ask because it gives more insight into how long you've been following Team Melli. It does no good if I start talking about the 2000 Asian Cup or 2004 Asian Cup if doesn't even resonate with you.

Comment

Working...
                              X