• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

President of Italian Football Federation travels to Iran

* Carlo Tavecchio and his first deputy just entered Iran
    * Nabi and other IFF officials received him at the airport
    * He is here for two days
    * The main purpose is signing an official agreement for close ties between Iranian and Italian football federation
    * After signing they will visit Iran's official football academy
    * On Monday he will visit Taj to discuss the league
    Team faghat PERSPOLIS

Comment

Carlo Tavecchio: Iran was fantastic in the WC, even better than Italy

* I am here to improve the relationship between two federation. Iran is ranked first in Asia which is important for us and I want the two countries to be closer to each other and understand each other's culture and customs
      * From my perspective these steps will be implemented very swiftly and in a practical fashion
      * I watched all your games in The WC and you guys were great even better than Italy. I congratulate you for your display in the world cup and hope the success continues. I have taken over Italian football since the world cup and made changes including the head coach and now we have had 4 victories in 4 games since the WC
      * He admitted that Italian clubs have dropped in form and said: Italian clubs are going through some change in terms of their budget and planning. We are working in FIFA to ensure money is not wasted by our clubs
      * In regards to a possible friendly he said: 100%, we are two very nation with a long history and very close in this aspect. We will start organizing friendlies from youth and then other levels. I have tried to read all about your history as much as possible and I am very happy about this relationship
      * In regards to Italian clubs coming to Iran he said: Allow us to plant this tree [signing of the agreement tomorrow] so we can see the results of it quickly which this can be one of the results
      * Out football academy has been active for 60 years. One of the main points of this agreement is establishment of this academy in Iran. We sign these type of agreements to grow our academy but in additional to football, it has sentimental values as well
      * When asked about knowing any Iranian players he said: What is obvious is that with your good games in WC now everyone knows you team. Specially your game against Argentina
      Report of his arrival to the airport

* His flight was delayed for an hour
      * He talked to Nabi for an hour after his landing and then talked to the reporters
      * When he saw an advertisement which had Messi's picture he told reporters jokingly that is funny that you have a picture of someone who scored against you in the WC
      * He asked his entourage to give some Italian souvenirs to the reporters
      * He took photos with IFF officials and even the reporters
      * Nabi boasted about this big events in Iranian football
      Team faghat PERSPOLIS

Comment

Originally posted by K. Nader View Post
        No, we're paying for qualification. For a country that has never qualified for two World Cups back-to-back, we sure love to place high expectations the few times we get there.
        Are you the president of IFF?

A. kafashian should answer this why he is paying that much to CQ? CQ is getting more than what he is worth it.
        CQ results will be evaluated after AC. If he does not get good results there is high chance to have new coach. (Note that my prediction at this point is group stage exit for AC 2015) If he does bad there, he will not be trusted for WCQ 2018.

You are against Iranian coaches and that is why you are unfair sometimes. Why you never mention that CQ results were exactly like Daei results if we do not count CQ results after home loss against Uzbek.? Based on this question why Daei was sack unlike CQ? If GN and Daei had the amount of support that CQ had after disaster losses against Lebanon and Uzbek and back to back draws against Qatar we could qualify with an Iranian coach after WC 2006 for once.

Comment

Originally posted by Arash_1998 View Post

A. kafashian should answer this why he is paying that much to CQ? CQ is getting more than what he is worth it.
          CQ results will be evaluated after AC. If he does not get good results there is high chance to have new coach. (Note that my prediction at this point is group stage exit for AC 2015) If he does bad there, he will not be trusted for WCQ 2018.

You are against Iranian coaches and that is why you are unfair sometimes. Why you never mention that CQ results were exactly like Daei results if we do not count CQ results after home loss against Uzbek.? Based on this question why Daei was sack unlike CQ? If GN and Daei had the amount of support that CQ had after disaster losses against Lebanon and Uzbek and back to back draws against Qatar we could qualify with an Iranian coach after WC 2006 for once.
          Yes, I am the President of the IFF. It's good to know that condescension starts at a young age amongst Iranians.

1. CQ WILL be evaluated after the Asian Cup, as was stated when he renewed his contract. At a bare minimum, I expect this team to make the semi-finals. Worst case scenario, there's the possibility of facing Japan in the QF and in that case, we'll have to see how the match goes. As for your prediction of us getting eliminated in the group stages, I don't know what you're doing following Iranian football. We've only ever been eliminated at that level once in the history of the Asian Cup (1992), so why you'd think a World Cup calibre team is going to falter at the first hurdle against inferior opposition is beyond me.

2. Who said I'm against Iranian coaches? I am against unqualified coaches and Daei and Ghalenoei fit in that category. In contrast, I believe that Ghotbi was a decent appointment and carried the team relatively well in the time he was in charge. Ghotbi probably had the weakest crop of players in his squad but was able to implement a semi-organized system in Team Melli. Topping our group with 9 points and losing to a South Korea squad that had barely lost to Uruguay in the Round of 16 six months prior in the 2010 World Cup is nothing to be ashamed of. No, Ghotbi did not accomplish great things with Team Melli but he wasn't the failure some people make him out to be. Unlike Daei and Ghalenoei, he took the time to get his coaching licenses and worked in respectable high-profile positions before getting the job.

Ghalenoei was quite possibly the worst Team Melli coach I've witnessed (more-so than Daei). At the time of his appointment, he had only won the league once alongside a Hazfi Cup. He inherited at highly talented squad and opted for ridiculous line-ups favoring Esteghlal players (Rugs has written about this quite a bit in the past). He then took the squad to the 2007 Asian Cup where we struggled past Uzbekistan, scraped a draw with China, and beat an already-eliminated Malaysia. He then took what many believed was our 'Golden Generation' and lost to South Korea's U23 team. Even in Nekounam's interview against GN, he claimed that GN told the players to come up with their own strategy during half-time at which point some players lost it completely. To make it abundantly clear, this man struggled to get his team out of the group stages with players such as Nekounam, Teymourian, Karimi, Mahdavikia, R. Rezaei, Hosseini, Kaebi, Hashemian, and Zandi. Also, unlike the 2006 World Cup, all our players were perfectly healthy.

As for Daei, his biggest asset was that he gave opportunities to some of the younger players at the time. However, he had zero coaching experience (aside from his stint as Saipa's player-coach), zero coaching credentials, and a very poor tactical mind. What's worse, is that he wouldn't invite players simply because he personally wasn't on good terms with them (i.e. Mobali, Ali Karimi in his prime). Look at Persepolis, they've assembled some of the best Iranian footballers over the past few seasons but Daei was useless to the point that Persepolis fans wanted him out.

3. Going back to Queiroz. Yes, Iran did screw up against Lebanon and Uzbekistan however, CQ was someone worth giving the benefit of the doubt to see if he could turn it around (which he did). In any line of work, referrals and recognition can go a long way. Here's what Alex Ferguson had to say about him in his autobiography:

Carlos Queiroz was brilliant. Just brilliant. Outstanding. An intelligent, meticulous man. He was good for me. He was a Rottweiler. He was the closest you could be to being the Manchester United manager without actually holding the title.

Here's an article I read a few weeks ago based on an interview with former United captain, Vidic.

Vidic: Manchester United are Missing Carlos Queiroz

http://www.thesportreview.com/tsr/20...arlos-queiroz/

As a fan, statements like these inspire belief that a person like CQ can change our predicaments. Not only did he do that, he turned us into one of the most physically well-drilled teams at the World Cup. The Iran - Argentina game will also go down as one the best we've every played in our history (regardless of the result).

Even countries like Japan, S. Korea, and Australia are able to hustle for much longer fell apart physically during their matches. Fitness will be key in the Asian Cup, especially given the blistering heat of Australia during that time.

I don't care if you support Queiroz or not - that's your decision to make. However, I take issue with weak arguments that are substantiated with emotion rather than logic.

Comment

Clearly CQ and Daei had similar results.
            “It is easier to fool the people, than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by K. Nader View Post
              No, we're paying for qualification. For a country that has never qualified for two World Cups back-to-back, we sure love to place high expectations the few times we get there.
              Only in Iran would this logic be considered satisfactory. I guess the difference is how you measure success. Let me ask you, what are you paying for with respect to AC? Football is not only about qualifying to the WC...it has to be grassroots, regional, it takes winning at every level competing at every level, and building off success and creating momentum heading into a WC...I as a fan would hate to go to back to back WC and do what KSA did. KSA made it to 1994, 1998, 2002, and 2006...do we consider those WC spells successful? I would rather make 1 WC, and do what Costa Rica did than make 4 and do what KSA did...right now which path is Iran following?

Don't get me wrong, I would still take CQ over GN or Daei any day...just wish CQ would reduce his demands. If the Dejagah interview is accurate, and we plan on playing ultra defensive in AC, then I would be seriously unhappy and probably less optimistic about a top 4 finish. The only Iranian coach who has not had a fair shake at TM is Ebrahimzadeh, and he is more capable than GN and Daei combined. For TM, an international coach with experience like CQ's is valuable, however, I do not feel Iran's strengths, particularly at the Asian level is to play a defensive game. I would love to see a coach like Passeralla, or even Zico in charge of Iran...I think our football can be rejuvinated with a S. American approach, not too different than what Viera did for our 1998 squad.
              Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

Originally posted by O-ZoNe View Post
                Only in Iran would this logic be considered satisfactory. I guess the difference is how you measure success. Let me ask you, what are you paying for with respect to AC? Football is not only about qualifying to the WC...it has to be grassroots, regional, it takes winning at every level competing at every level, and building off success and creating momentum heading into a WC...I as a fan would hate to go to back to back WC and do what KSA did. KSA made it to 1994, 1998, 2002, and 2006...do we consider those WC spells successful? I would rather make 1 WC, and do what Costa Rica did than make 4 and do what KSA did...right now which path is Iran following?

Don't get me wrong, I would still take CQ over GN or Daei any day...just wish CQ would reduce his demands. If the Dejagah interview is accurate, and we plan on playing ultra defensive in AC, then I would be seriously unhappy and probably less optimistic about a top 4 finish. The only Iranian coach who has not had a fair shake at TM is Ebrahimzadeh, and he is more capable than GN and Daei combined. For TM, an international coach with experience like CQ's is valuable, however, I do not feel Iran's strengths, particularly at the Asian level is to play a defensive game. I would love to see a coach like Passeralla, or even Zico in charge of Iran...I think our football can be rejuvinated with a S. American approach, not too different than what Viera did for our 1998 squad.
                With respect to the Asian Cup? That was addressed 1-2 posts ago when I mentioned the Semi-Finals as a minimum. As far as I'm concerned, there are only three capable of beating us: Japan, South Korea, and Australia. There's an offset chance that Iran and Japan can meet as soon as the QF's and should we lose, we'll have to reassess the conditions of how that happened.

Just to pose a hypothetical scenario: Say we top the group with 9 Points and have scored many goals and have conceded none. Japan has a small hiccup and draws Iraq; Iraq ends up finishing 1st due to a better goal differential with 7 Points. We then face Japan in a highly compettive QF match and end up losing in penalties. We just fell short of a place in the SFs despite playing very good football along the way. Should CQ now be sacked because Iran lost to what many consider to be Asia's #1 National Team for years?

Of course, this is just one of a thousand different scenarios. The truth is, it's difficult to set metrics in stone especially given the unpredictability of events. What if we beat Japan and end up losing to Oman in the SFs who topped their group over S. Korea and Australia and progressed to that stage? See how quickly the conditions can change?

What's wrong with what Saudi Arabia did? They were a very good and consistent side for the better part of 20 years. In those World Cups, they were the first of all Asian nations to qualify for the second round (1994). Maybe their results in the other tournaments haven't been as illustrious but they've been quite standard of Asian nations in the World Cup.

How about Japan and South Korea? Japan first qualified for the World Cup in 1998 and has made every tournament since. Excluding the 2002 tournament where they were the hosts, they made the second round for the first time 2010. It took them four tries to make the second round (not including the tournament they hosted). Same situation with South Korea. They have qualified for every tournament since 1986 but did not win any games until 2002 (where they were the hosts). If we choose to ignore that, then they did not win their first match until their 6th successive World Cup in 2006 against Togo. They did not qualify for the 2nd Round until 2010 after 7 consecutive World Cup appearances (not including the 2002 results). All of this is the result of proper management, planning, and consistency.

Costa Rica was a special case, hence why they get that 'underdog story' tag next their performance. These performances are memorable because in the larger scheme of things, they tend to be outliers of team performances at the World Cup. Say Costa Rica qualifies occasionally for the World Cup and puts in average performances from this point forward, what will their performance in 2014 mean 3-4 tournaments down the line?

Lastly I agree with the first statement that is bolded. To move forward, we need to have the proper infrastructure and management in place. We need a competitive league with professional clubs who can produce young competitive players. We also need our own set of qualified domestic managers who are familiar with modern football. No single entity will bring about this change which brings me to your second bolded statement.

Even if a South American manager makes us play more attractive football and we get better results, how does that rejuvenate our football? Perhaps it will rejuvenate the National Team for a short period but definitely not our football. To do that, you'd need to do exactly what you mentioned in the first bolded statement.

Comment

I was looking for an interview from Veisi (ex-Saba coach) which highlighted some key issues stopping CQ from adding value to Iranian football:

* He said when CQ tried to have a technical football meeting with IPL coaches it turned into a session of IPL coaches trying to settle scores with him as opposed to trying to learn from him. Apparently they were interested to discuss their player's injury history in TM camps, late return to the club teams or the old "my player is great why don't you pick him for TM". He said since then CQ stopped trying to have such sessions
                  * He said he asked CQ to arrange for him to go attend Manchester United training sessions so he can learn. CQ obliged and did all the paper work and wrote to Man U. All left was for IFF to help Veisi get his Visa but they refused. Another thing CQ will not do again because he is a professional and he has a limited number of favors to ask and when he does he doesn't want to waste his friends' time

If someone has the link to this please let me know.
                  Team faghat PERSPOLIS

Comment

Originally posted by kami_kakashi View Post
                    I was looking for an interview from Veisi (ex-Saba coach) which highlighted some key issues stopping CQ from adding value to Iranian football:

* He said when CQ tried to have a technical football meeting with IPL coaches it turned into a session of IPL coaches trying to settle scores with him as opposed to trying to learn from him. Apparently they were interested to discuss their player's injury history in TM camps, late return to the club teams or the old "my player is great why don't you pick him for TM". He said since then CQ stopped trying to have such sessions
                    * He said he asked CQ to arrange for him to go attend Manchester United training sessions so he can learn. CQ obliged and did all the paper work and wrote to Man U. All left was for IFF to help Veisi get his Visa but they refused. Another thing CQ will not do again because he is a professional and he has a limited number of favors to ask and when he does he doesn't want to waste his friends' time

If someone has the link to this please let me know.
                    Thanks for this.. I said this a couple years ago when Veisi was coaching Saba, he is one of VERY few coaches in Iran that truly wants to learn and get better. He has achieved very respectable results with teams that don't have much firepower. If we could add one more TM assistant I would love if he was the selection.

As for the other coaches in that meeting.... SO fucking typical. *sigh*

Comment

Pouladi apparently can not play for TM since his moafi was fake also...
                      چو ایران نباشد تن من مباد
                      We thank and support Mr.Kamran Delan for many years of dedication and service to Iranian Football Community.

Comment

today CQ got back to Iran from his South Africa trip

* He had problems with his Visa and got stuck in the airport for a while
                        * His Visa has expired so they told him to renew his Visa
                        * Nobody from IFF was there to welcome him or to assist
                        * He was accompanied by his translator
                        Team faghat PERSPOLIS

Comment

!-
                          کی روش زمانی که قصد داشت از گیت رد شود چون ویزایش تمام شده بود اجازه زدن مهر بر روی پاسپورتش را پیدا نکرد و به همین دلیل از او خواسته شد تا ویزایش را تمدید کند و به همین دلیل دقایقی سرمربی مطرح تیم ملی در فرودگاه معطل شد.جالب است که از مسئولان فدراسیون کسی به استقبال کی روش نیامده بود و فقط مترجم وی همراهش بود
                          !!
                          به روز رسانی می شود
                          کی روش: افرادی هستند که زیاد صحبت می کنند/در مورد آنها باید با کفاشیان حرف بزنم، این راه صحیح نیست
                          سرمربی تیم فوتبال کشورمان گفت: در اردوی پرتغال موفق شدیم روحیه ملی خوبی برای تیم ملی بسازیم.

!!! CQ & IFF knew his Visa will expire but nothing was done till he arrived.
                          !!! nobody from IFF was there to greet him.
                          3- He said there are individuals who talk too much and he will talk with Kafashian about that.
                          He is referring to Nabi and Ayatollahi who recently provided info for TM schedule and camps.

Comment

کی روش: برخی افراد مُخِل آسایش تیم ملی شده اند/از انتشار برخی شایعات بسیار، بسیار ناراحتم

\\
                            کی روش سرمربی تیم ملی فوتبال کشورمان در بدو ورود به ایران درباره اردوی پرتغال گفت:

اردوی پرتغال
                            اردوی پرتغال اردویی بود که در آن اتحاد تیمی را به تیم ملی برگرداندیم و سعی کردیم روحیه ملی بسازیم و این فرصت راداشتیم تا عملکرد 10 بازیکن را بررسی کنیم و خوشحال بودم که بازیکنان تیم ملی هم عملکرد خوبی داشتند.

اردوی آفریقای جنوبی

وی درباره اردوی آفریقای جنوبی و بازی های تیم ملی در این اردو ادامه داد: اردوی ما در آفریقای جنوبی و بازی هایی که می خواهیم برگزار کنیم حقیقت دارد اما هستند هنوز کسانی که به زیاد صحبت کردنشان ادامه می دهند و شرایط کنونی به گونه ای است که کار از دست ما خارج می شود چراکه افراد متعددی هستند که بی جهت صحبت می کنند و باعث مخل آسایش تیم ملی می شوند و این مسائلی است که باید با کفاشیان درباره آن صحبت کنم چون این راه، راه صحیحی نیست و اگر قرار است فوتبال ما توسعه پیدا کند باید این راه درست شود چراکه کسانی هستند که درباره
                            بازی با زیمباوه و آث میلان صحبت می کنند و به همین منظور باید با کفاشیان جلسه بگذارم تا ببینم چه اتفاقی خواهد افتاد.

سرمربی تیم ملی فوتبال کشورمان اظهار داشت:
                            وقتی
                            ما اطلاعات رسمی را به رسانه ها می دهیم اینجا نمی آییم که به شایعات و گمانه زنی ها دامن بزنیم.اما افرادی در رسانه ها حرف می زنند که می خواهند مثل هنرپیشه ها به شهرت برسند و من از این سوپراستارها خسته شدم.وی در پاسخ به این سوال که این سوپراستارها و هنرپیشه ها چه کسانی هستند ادامه داد: من به حرف آنها گوش نمی دهم که بدانم چه کسانی هستند و شما که به حرف آنها گوش می دهید باید نامشان را بگویید.

کی روش درباره اینکه آیا تیم ملی نیاز به مدیر رسانهای دارد یا نه تصریح کرد:

این مطلبی است که رئیس فدراسیون فوتبال می تواند پاسخگوی آن باشد اما ما در پرتغال ثابت کردیم که می شود کار درست انجام داد و اخبار صحیح را به رسانه*ها داد به طوری که در طول مدت اردوی پرتغال همه خبرنگاران از اطلاعاتی که در اختیارشان بود راضی بودند. عکس های روزانه، گزارش ها، اخبار و مصاحبه های مختلف به رسانه*ها می رسید و ما نشان دادیم که می توانیم کار حرفه*ای انجام دهیم و در این شرایط دلیلی نیست که در ادامه هم نتوانیم آن را انجام دهیم.

وی درباره اینکه بعضی از رسانه ها به اخبار تیم ملی دسترسی داشتند اما بعضی رسانه*های دیگر نه گفت:

از این موضوع بسیار نارحتم و افرادی که این گونه اخبار را به خاطر منافع شخصی شان بیرون می دهند نمی توانند با من کار کنند و شما اسامی آنها را می دانید.

Comment

CQ interview at the airport
                              * Portugal camp was used to build national confidence within the team and improve team spirit. We also managed to analyse game performance of 10 players and I am also happy with TM regulars
                              * Our South African camp is very real but there are people who continue to talk too much and cause things to get out of hand. There are many who talk about thing with no reason and take peace away from our team. I need to discuss this with Kafashian because this is not the way if we are planning to improve our football. They talk about games against Zimbabwe and AC Milan [seems like Zimbabwe game is not in CQ's plans] so I have to talk to Kafashian to see what happens
                              * When we release official news to media we don't intend to talk about rumors and assumptions but there are people who talk to media and want to increase their fame and I am sick and tired of these superstars
                              * When he was asked to name these superstars CQ responded: I am not the one who is listening to them, you are the ones who publish their words so you should know who they are
                              * About TM's need for a media coordinator: This is something that Kafashian can talk to but in Portugal camp we proved that it is possible to manage things correctly and provide media with true information. During the Portugal camp all reporters were happy with the information that was provided to them. Daily photos, news, reports and interviews were published and we proved that we can have a professional relationship with media so we can do it in the future as well
                              * When the reporter said some had access but some didn't CQ said: I am very upset about this, People who say things like this for their own benefit can't work with me and you know their names [to be honest this is a ridiculous claim]
                              * Reporter told him that he seems angry, CQ responded: The main issues that you hear a lot of things, specially personal things which causes rumors. This makes me sad, makes fan sad and TM players sad. I am not angry, if I am saying something untrue call me out but I am hearing a lot of things from you and for you benefit you get in the way of TM success
                              * They asked him about TV rights and he said: These are the things that has nothing to do with me and not my place to make comment on
                              * We are trying to release official news and not to hide anything but if you want to enter the topics like AC Milan friendly or sponsors then I won't make a comment. You as journalists should know that there are some people who just want to be in the photos and pretend to be part of TM but they don't do anything for TM. You as media print what they say and give them credit. I am sorry to say this but you are at fault here for giving these people who don't know anything credit. If you want to know the truth please contact the federation.
                              * In regards to Ebola health warning from Iranian health and sport federation CQ said: I don't agree with their view on this. This is not an issue unique to Africa but the whole world. Before concerning yourself with things that don't exist in Iran, in regards to TM I suggest paying attention to things that are happening within Iran
                              * In regards to technical committee's comments that suggested CQ decides Vingada's future, CQ said: I have no comment on this. I thought you were going to ask me how come 15 days before the Asian games the coaching staff didn't know what age group would be sent to the games or why aren't most players attend the camps? The important thing is that we have to support the coaching staff so they can prepare the team to qualify for Olympics. Vingada was invited to Iran to prepare the team to qualify for Olympic. Asian games was not part of his agreed duties. The same way that I went to West Asian games and it wasn't part of my agreed duties and i just helped the federation. There are a lot of issues that we can discuss but it is better to try and prepare in the best possible way. We had the Portugal camp and some players couldn't attend Olympic preparation training. We will need to discuss this to find a way to support Olympic team with the qualification
                              * CQ congratulated the 5 a side and 7 a side teams on their victories in Para-Olympic Asian games and wish them more success in the future
                              * In regards to draft evasion: It will definitely effect the team mentally and we will see the results of this in future
                              Team faghat PERSPOLIS

Comment

CQ went and watched the Enghelabe Karaj stadium to watch Saipa vs Tractorsasi. He was accompanied by his translator and Osiano
                                Team faghat PERSPOLIS

Comment

Working...
                                X