Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Even if CQ isn't the one directly deciding over Omid, still all this drama for two games against Nepal and Afghanistan for God's sake?!

Had it been a direct qualifying match against the likes of SK or Japan I could understand, but do we really need Jahanbakhsh and Azmoun against mighty Afghanistan while our senior team is facing strong opponents like Chili and Sweden with the whole world watching?!

I think at the end this became more a dick measuring contest than anything else...
    Persian Pride running through my veins!

Esteghlal for life!!

Comment

fml.. I don't get it though, even if IFF tells them to play for Omid, isn't the final decision up to Azmoun and Jahanbakhsh themselves? Was looking forward to meeting them in Stockholm..

Comment

If Its officiial shouldnt the iff site be the first to annaounce it? Dont find anything there?

Comment

Originally posted by Camran khan View Post
          fml.. I don't get it though, even if IFF tells them to play for Omid, isn't the final decision up to Azmoun and Jahanbakhsh themselves? Was looking forward to meeting them in Stockholm..
          NO. It's Federation's decision.

Comment

St. Mark Jan,

and in your opinion the federation is competent enough to make such a decision?

Comment

Originally posted by Amin_ View Post
              Even if CQ isn't the one directly deciding over Omid, still all this drama for two games against Nepal and Afghanistan for God's sake?!

Had it been a direct qualifying match against the likes of SK or Japan I could understand, but do we really need Jahanbakhsh and Azmoun against mighty Afghanistan while our senior team is facing strong opponents like Chili and Sweden with the whole world watching?!

I think at the end this became more a dick measuring contest than anything else...

Khakpour concern is Mighty Saudi Arabia. It's not just Nepal or Afghanistan but Saudi Arabia and only one team will advance for Sure.

Saudi team is very strong. two months ago they won Persian Gulf U22 tournament and were by far better team. If they play the way they did for sure are capable of defeating Iran if Iran is not up to the task.

All Saudi Olympic players are playing for their 4 ACL teams and are doing very well. Few of them have much more international experience than Iranian players.

Last year when Azmoom was invited for his first TM training in Iran, Alidoosty/Kia invited him to play for U19 in Kerman.
              Sardar Azmoon played for U19 and in a critical game versus Saudi Arabia U19 Iran barely defeated them , although Saudi team played better.

Khakpour is the Olympic team coach and he said he need them.
              Khakpour said If TM has official game , he would have not requested 2 players , but it's friendly versus Olympic qualification.

Comment

khakpurs concern can be SA, BUT WE ARE NOT PLAYING AGAINST SA ARE WE!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ArashHungary View Post
                  St. Mark Jan,

and in your opinion the federation is competent enough to make such a decision?
                  It's not the kind of Federation i support or approve.
                  Things as they are:
                  If they were competent they would not have let CQ get involve beyond his authority. They would have prevented this mess.

iT'S not only Asadi , Eslamian, or Kafashian. TM Technical committee sided with Khakpour.
                  CQ simply was wrong in this case.

Comment

Originally posted by pres80 View Post
                    khakpurs concern can be SA, BUT WE ARE NOT PLAYING AGAINST SA ARE WE!!!!!
                    Yes we are in same group , our last game is against Saudi Arabian Olympic team.

Comment

I get your point ST_MARK, but to me 2 friendlies against top sides with the senior team and the experience that goes along with it is worth more than having them play against Afghanistan and co.

Afghanistan and Nepal will probably defend with 10 players while against Saudi Arabia it will be a much more open and even game, so it's not as if 2 games against such minnows will improve much in terms of tactics/system that we are going to use against SA.
                      Persian Pride running through my veins!

Esteghlal for life!!

Comment

Originally posted by Amin_ View Post
                        I get your point ST_MARK, but to me 2 friendlies against top sides with the senior team and the experience that goes along with it is worth more than having them play against Afghanistan and co.

Afghanistan and Nepal will probably defend with 10 players while against Saudi Arabia it will be a much more open and even game, so it's not as if 2 games against such minnows will improve much in terms of tactics/system that we are going to use against SA.

As i said in earlier posts. Khakpour is not my Choice but he is in charge and responsible to qualify iran after 40 years of failures.
                        He said he was appointed late and did not have enough time to develop his ideal team and he want those two players with international experience.

If it was up to me i would not want those two players but Khakpour is the coach not us.

It was not fair to JB & SA to be put in this situation.
                        Assuming they go with TM for friendly games and U22 fail to qualify?

What i disagree with you :

playing for Qualifying for Olympic team is more important than two friendly TM games. No comparison.
                        Olympic is very special international event.

Even with addition of these two players nothing is for sure.

Comment

The sad thing about all of this is that I think because of all the Hashie this has caused TM Omid is going to play really badly... Hope I'm wrong! We need to get this team in the next Olympics, we've waited way too long!

Comment

If Goudarzi was behind this, I hope FIFA bans us for gov't interference
                            راه یکی است و آن راستی است

Comment

On a lighter note, all the players are suppose to report to the TM camp tonight and they will leave for Austria tomorrow.

Do we know who's going to replace JB and Azmoun in TM? I hope they at least had enough sense to get visas for potential replacements.

Comment

The fact that some people keep saying ''Nepal and Afghanistan'' and deliberately refuse to mention the Saudis (who are a strong squad) in their argument is actually showing which side is on the right.

Irony is the very same people, if god forbid we lose to the Saudis, will come here and rail and whine and curse and bi*ch about why we lost!!! Some aren't even kids and are actual grown UPS. And that's the saddest part

I truly am disappointed in CQ in this matter. Mostly because while for the many differences of opinion with his tactics and player selection I have, I have usually acknowledged and liked his professional attitude for the most part.
                                And when he refuses to recognize the Omid games are far far more important and vital for Iran than a couple of friendlies with absolutely no real official game (wcq or otherwise) in sight for the next many months, he's still insisting on keeping the Omid team from reinforcements (that they desperately need) and is actually threatening to quit!
                                Very selfish, I say.

Comment

Working...
                                X