Line up and concerns vs USA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Karimi 8 View Post

I agree, sitting back against Whales worked, it will not against the US. It will be exactly what they would want us to do, but they would struggle under pressure. I am really hoping Carlos doesn't over think his line up / come out extra defensive. We should approach this as a must win, that way a draw may happen naturally. But if you play for a draw, you play not to lose, which is a horrible mindset & you'll fall apart mentally the moment you concede.

We need players that will put pressure on the US, a high press & long range shots could be big for us. I hope for this reason Ghoddos plays & I am happy Jahanbaksh cannot come on
    Agree with all you said.
    Aim for a must win.
    I Believe a defensive park the bus game plan is a
    sure way to lose. Basically defensive plan, you are on your back foot
    and they are on their front foot. Horrible way to play football.
    هرگاه شما بازیکنی دیدید که از نظر تکنیک و قدرت بدنی فوق العاده است و همیشه یکسان است و تحت هیچ شرایط هیچ افتی ندارد شما یک فوق ستاره پیدا کرده اید در غیر اینصورت شما به یک بازیکن معمولی
    نگاه میکنید.
    sigpic
    I am Persian. I used to rule the world. I will never be subservient to anyone.

Comment

Interesting that the best chances are actually from Wales that match

Comment

Originally posted by Karimi 8 View Post

I agree, sitting back against Whales worked, it will not against the US. It will be exactly what they would want us to do, but they would struggle under pressure. I am really hoping Carlos doesn't over think his line up / come out extra defensive. We should approach this as a must win, that way a draw may happen naturally. But if you play for a draw, you play not to lose, which is a horrible mindset & you'll fall apart mentally the moment you concede.

We need players that will put pressure on the US, a high press & long range shots could be big for us. I hope for this reason Ghoddos plays & I am happy Jahanbaksh cannot come on
        I should note, when i said sitting back I mean not applying a high-press, and letting them keep the ball, not in terms of line-up (like we did against England). There is no reason to not have a line up similar to Whales against the US, without us threatening them, we just end up playing their game
        --------------------------Beiranvand-------------------
        --Moharrami----Hosseini--Kanaani----Amiri--
        ------------------Ezatolahi-----Ebrahimi--------------
        --Jahanbaksh---------Ghoddos------------Taremi--
        ---------------------------Azmoun----------------------

Comment

Hosseini had two good saves vs Wales and kept the clean sheet. Beiro is probably still dizzy and fatigued. If anyone has had a concussion before you know it doesn't fade so quickly. Save him for the knockout rounds if he's even fit then.

Hosseini should be number one for this one

Comment

I think CQ has planned a game for USA. He has known all along that it all comes down to this game.
            I think he has been practicing Amiri and Ghoddos just for this game.

The score will be 3-1 Iran.

1-0 Iran Azmoun 24 min Taremi Assist
            2-0 Iran Taremi 32 min Azmoun Assist
            3-0 Iran Ansarifard 72 min Mohammadi Assist
            3-1 Don't know who scores, partying too much to care

Viva Team Melli

Comment

My lineup would be as follows:

----------------------Hosseini----------------------
              --Ramin-------Majid------Pourali-----Milmo--
              ---Sadegh/Amiri------Eza--------Hajsafi------
              -----------------Ghoddos--------------------------
              -------------Ansarifard-------Taremi------------

For GK: I am highly doubtful that Beiro has fully-recovered from a concussion in such a short span of time. For any members who have ever suffered even a mild concussion, you understand the confusion, lack of clarity, impeded motor skills, and altered depth perception that often come hand-in-hand with such a diagnosis. Such uncertainty is the last thing we need. As I predicted prior to the Wales match, Hosseini was selected and demonstrated that he had learned tangible lessons from his chaotic introduction/performance against England. He played well against Wales and, despite not being drastically challenged, he has demonstrated that he has what it takes to perform at this level with this team. I might also add that a goalkeeper is an instrumental figure in the team, forming the basis for the team's spine, and consistency should be preferable--particularly when the matches come in such quick succession and when our opponent is a team like the US which is thoroughly talented/organized/quick, but who also has a demonstrated difficulty scoring goals. Hosseini to start.

For DF: Keep Ramin, he has the speed, tenacity, and attacking ability to help us on counters against a US team that will be desperate to score a goal. Keep the two CBs the same as against Wales, they played brilliantly and are as solid a combination as we have. Keep Milmo as LB for his speed, which will be critical against the pacy US forwards. Nothing to see here.

For MF: Eza as a CDM because we know how critical he is (he's hopefully not injured). Assuming Nourollahi is injured, Moharrami in for his tenacity and form or Amiri for his experience, composure, and defensive capabilities. Hajsafi for Hajsafi.

For attack: Ghoddos as a proto-CAM, for his ability to hold onto the ball and make linking passes, allowing our attackers to make it forward for counters. He's also fully-rested so it may be a good opportunity for him. However, he's not particularly quick and his lack of playing time may also pose a disadvantage; I'm hesitant to predict that CQ will start Saman, Torabi could be in his place. Ansarifard as a forward, positioned slightly behind Taremi for his hold up play and ability to act as a pivot for counters (I'm assuming Sardar is not yet 100% and therefore it might be advantageous to hold him until the second 45 min). Taremi, arguably our most important player, and a proper treasure up top.

So, I'm excited for the match. It will be difficult but we've got a proper chance to make history. Regardless of the outcome, I am proud of the gheyrat and strength that TM has showcased to the world.
              sunt lacrimae rerum et mentem mortalia tangunt

Comment

Pretty obvious how we shall be playing. Usa is fast and young and a one half team. We will slow the game down and play position and not attack as much to make them more tired then second half we shall add more counter attacks. We know who the dangerous men of usa are so we need Ramin and Milad Mohammadi Might be good option.same line as wales and Beiranvand to start

Comment

Working...
                X