Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At this state of TM anyone is an improvement over the last coach we had.

At least this guy is young and comes from a French influenced football culture that's on top of the world right now!

Comment

What his tactics like, he attacking, defensive, etc?

Comment

Originally posted by PersianLion80 View Post
        What his tactics like, he attacking, defensive, etc?
        Looking at GF vs. GA Ratios....

Mark Wilmots: 1.269 (132/104)
        Carlos Queiroz: 1.925 (589/306)
        Branko Ivankovic: 1.582 (1046/661)

Comment

he was awarded best coach of the year few years back :
          https://www.globesoccer.com/winners/...h-of-the-year/
          sigpic

Comment

From Wikipedia: Wilmots is credited with "not only giving the young group confidence in themselves as well as enjoying a close relationship with his players but also at the same time being capable of instilling discipline to the squad."

He was also a politician which can benefit him greatly in Iran: "After retiring as a footballer, Wilmots went into politics. He was elected to the Senate for the French-speaking conservative party, the Reformist Movement (Mouvement Réformateur or MR) in the 2003 federal election. His political career is not considered very successful. In 2005, he announced that he wanted to resign as a senator, a rather unconventional and criticized constitutional move."

Comment

Originally posted by mangekyou View Post
              Marc Wilmots to be named Team Melli’s manager: report

TEHRAN, May 13 (MNA) – According to Belgian media, Marc Wilmots is going to be announced as the new manager of Iran’s National Football Team, better known as Team Melli.

According to a report by RTBF, negotiations between the Belgian manager and the Iranian federation is going to be completed in a few hours.

Marc Wilmots would ask for $1,500,000 a year, as well as two Belgian assistants. For its part, the Iranian Federation would like Wilmots to accept an Iranian deputy in his staff which would probably be Javad Nekounam, former international and captain of Team Melli, and former player of Osasuna in Spanish Liga.

Wilmots has been unemployed since November 2017 and Ivory Coast's non-qualification for the Russian World Cup.

Carlos Queiroz stepped down as Team Melli coach after the 3-0 defeat against Japan in the semifinal of AFC Asian Cup on January 28. He left Tehran for Lisbon three days later after Iran’s Football Federation didn’t offer any proposal for extending his contract. He then signed with Colombian football federation to coach the South American team.

Bert van Marwijk, Vincenzo Montella, Julen Lopetegui, Hervé Renard and Dick Advocaat were among other coaches who had been linked with the Iran job.

The Iranian federation has not officially confirmed the deal but according to reports, it is doing preparations to reveal Wilmots in a special ceremony.

https://en.mehrnews.com/news/145209/...manager-report

The big question here is who is the Dallal in this deal ??? Is this through the Charleroi connection?

Comment

I am actually very surprised that IFF is even able to bring an average caliber coach like Wilmots for TM.

we should be thankful for that

Comment

subripper

Looking at GF vs. GA Ratios....

what is that ??????

Comment

Originally posted by tooleh khers View Post
                    Not a good pick. However, I am hopeful he will do better than his predecessor.
                    That's going to be a tough ask given how you were describing his predecessor as great, less than 12 months ago

http://www.persianfootball.com/forum...t=#post2571094

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.persianfootball.com/forum...t=#post2574826

Also here:

http://www.persianfootball.com/forum...t=#post2550766

Comment

LOOL

Who remembers Javier Clemente's 2008 TM coach noise? He even travelled to Iran and furthermore appeared on 90 show in an interview with Adel. We all thought it was it and he was the new TM coach. But guess what? Surprise!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by DR Strangemoosh View Post
                        That's going to be a tough ask given how you were describing his predecessor as great, less than 12 months ago

http://www.persianfootball.com/forum...t=#post2571094

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.persianfootball.com/forum...t=#post2574826

Also here:

http://www.persianfootball.com/forum...t=#post2550766
                        For better understanding your post should have included this:

I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

Originally posted by Keano View Post
                          LOOL

Who remembers Javier Clemente's 2008 TM coach noise? He even travelled to Iran and furthermore appeared on 90 show in an interview with Adel. We all thought it was it and he was the new TM coach. But guess what? Surprise!!!!
                          Crazy times I remember that well. I really still to this day think we would have qualified pretty easily with him in that WCQ campaign
                          Team Meli Iran
                          Perspolis FC
                          Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Guys lets all wake up from our " I think we are still in the modern Shah Era" Dream and realize in Todays Embargo ridden, Mullah economy on the verge of collapse Iran, Wilmots is the best we can get!!! So lets support the fool and hope he stays as Im seeing Daei lurking in the shadows!.....

Comment

It is hard to judge him honestly, and i don't put too much emphasis on his Côte Ivoire failure. African teams are so unpredictable. But what worry me about him is the gap between his short coaching career, he is without job for two years and didn't coach for 4 years between 2005 to 2009. Honestly if the price tag is 1,5 M, IFF can get lots of better coaches.

Comment

Can we be patient guys? Sure he’s not perfect and yes he’s had negatives in his resume. But this is the same guy who coached Belgium and took Belgium to the quarterfinals in Brazil 2014.

We are also in the middle of a shit show with the economic inflation and sanctions. How any other manager would accept such a situation knowing what Carlos went through. I say let’s wait and be patient.

I remember back in 2011 many pessimistic members here came on here and bashed Carlos. Bringing up his war vs the PFF or how all he did was beat North Korea 7-1.

The fact that the federation has said they want his assistant to be an Iranian in Nekounam is a plus. It shows that they care about the future even in these horrible times. Even under this regime.

I’m not gonna blindly praise Wilmots but I’m not completely closed against him coaching us.

Comment

Working...
                                X