Alireza Jahanbakhsh @ Brighton & Hove Albion | 2018-2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GoIran View Post
    Having JB on the pitch is like playing with 10 men. I hope Gholizadeh will be given a chance.
    You guys are so harsh on him. He just came off of a 2-3 month injury. And TM under gohroosh doesn't suit creative wingers that double as strikers too.

If you remember our quarterfinal match vs korea in '07 then you must also remember Resoul Khatibi's performance, and would never dare liken ARJ to him because having him on was literally like TM was playing with 1 less player. lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Trinity View Post
      You guys are so harsh on him. He just came off of a 2-3 month injury. And TM under gohroosh doesn't suit creative wingers that double as strikers too.

If you remember our quarterfinal match vs korea in '07 then you must also remember Resoul Khatibi's performance, and would never dare liken ARJ to him because having him on was literally like TM was playing with 1 less player. lol.
      Injury is an excuse. When was the last time he shined for TM throughout 90 minutes?

Comment

And TM under gohroosh doesn't suit creative wingers that double as strikers too.
        Who is "gohroosh"?

Comment

Originally posted by GoIran View Post
          Injury is an excuse. When was the last time he shined for TM throughout 90 minutes?
          Less than 2 weeks ago vs Oman. He received ZERO service. Chased a lost cause ball. Made chum meat out of their defender that was in control of the ball and scored a brilliant poacher goal all due to his sheer grit and individual effort.

Comment

Originally posted by DR Strangemoosh View Post
            Who is "gohroosh"?
            Who is "brangoh"?

Comment

Who is "brangoh"?
              Someone who isn't even worth the nail clippings of Queiroz.

By the way I don't call him that, but you can feel free to call the coach who revolutionised our footballing infrastructure and built us a future "gohroosh" however much you want...

Comment

Originally posted by DR Strangemoosh View Post

By the way I don't call him that, but you can feel free to call the coach who revolutionised our footballing infrastructure and built us a future "gohroosh" however much you want...
                Oh, then perhaps I've mistaken you for someone else. I've seen brangoh thrown out alot so I find gohroosh an exceptionally appropriate retort. And obviously we have wildly contrasting perspectives on his tenure. However, I don't want to derail this thread which is about Alireza. If you'd like we can take this to PMs.

Comment

Oh, then perhaps I've mistaken you for someone else. I've seen brangoh thrown out alot so I find gohroosh an exceptionally appropriate retort. And obviously we have wildly contrasting perspectives on his tenure. However, I don't want to derail this thread which is about Alireza. If you'd like we can take this to PMs.
                  That's the most childish reason I've heard someone give, literally child-like "you did it to me so I'll do it to you". At least you are honest and upfront about that. Based off your short post history you clearly strongly support Branko and have repeatedly expressed mockery at Queiroz, even before the Asian Cup. My question to you is why have you chosen to come forward all of a sudden and derail multiple threads to vile name-calling of our national team coach?

Comment

Jahanbakhsh is now back from international duty and will train tomorrow.

CH said the transfer window would be quiet for Brighton.
                    Suttner (LB) and Schelotto (RB/winger) out on loan.
                    A Connolly (striker) extended contract. (on loan)
                    Soufyan Ahannach (winger) back from injuries and loan.
                    Jan Mlakar (striker) new signing. (on loan)
                    Tudor Baluta (defensive midfield) new signing. (on loan)
                    McAllister (striker) new signing. (on loan)

Hughton said: "Jahanbakhsh is now back from international duty and will train tomorrow. "Bernardo trained today and the decision we will make on him is if it is too soon for him to be in the squad for Saturday. "At this moment, Izquierdo is the only injury we have."

Read more at: https://www.brightonandhoveindepende...-out-1-8792285

Comment

Originally posted by Perseus View Post
                      A Connolly (striker) extended contract.
                      Jan Mlakar (striker) new signing.
                      Tudor Baluta (defensive midfield) new signing.
                      McAllister (striker) new signing.

Hughton said: "Jahanbakhsh is now back from international duty and will train tomorrow. "Bernardo trained today and the decision we will make on him is if it is too soon for him to be in the squad for Saturday. "At this moment, Izquierdo is the only injury we have."

I have been waiting for so many months for him to come back training with Brighton. So happy to read this. Finally this boy can continue his EPL journey and...hopefully shut his critics up
                      A Singapore girl who supports Iran Football

Comment

ARJ and BHA update:

ARJ will train with the team on Friday (tomorrow) and CH said he's still a possibility for Saturday match against Watford.

BHA just beat the transfer window to sign a 20 year old striker (Mlakar) and a 19 year old midfield/defender (Baluta). Both will stay with their current clubs on loan from BHA until the end of the season.

Jose Izquierdo is still out.

Comment

Originally posted by Perseus View Post
                          A Connolly (striker) extended contract.
                          Jan Mlakar (striker) new signing. (on loan)
                          Tudor Baluta (defensive midfield) new signing. (on loan)
                          McAllister (striker) new signing. (on loan)

Didn’t Brighton also sell that one Norwegian kid to FC Rostov?

Comment

Originally posted by diz View Post
                            ARJ and BHA update:

ARJ will train with the team on Friday (tomorrow) and CH said he's still a possibility for Saturday match against Watford.

BHA just beat the transfer window to sign a 20 year old striker (Mlakar) and a 19 year old midfield/defender (Baluta). Both will stay with their current clubs on loan from BHA until the end of the season.

Jose Izquierdo is still out.
                            They needed another striker honestly. Andone looks good but Murray is extremely old so not much depth in that position. Granted, Murray is still scoring a LOT; sort of reminds me of how Berbatov used to play.

They need AJ back; Locadia has been hit or miss on the wings and March is good for just 2 things: defensive tracking and set-piece delivery in the box.

Comment

Originally posted by Leicester City View Post
                              Didn’t Brighton also sell that one Norwegian kid to FC Rostov?
                              https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mathias_Normann
                              I think nine more players are loaned or sold, some loanees have been sold, e.g. Oliver Norwood. I did not think listing them was relevant. Slimmed down squad of 23 over 21yo players.

Comment

Originally posted by TM4LIFE View Post
                                They needed another striker honestly. Andone looks good but Murray is extremely old so not much depth in that position. Granted, Murray is still scoring a LOT; sort of reminds me of how Berbatov used to play.

They need AJ back; Locadia has been hit or miss on the wings and March is good for just 2 things: defensive tracking and set-piece delivery in the box.
                                Both Knockaert and March are overly left footed which means playing wide against competent full backs they are limited in making passes and crosses from open play. I can't see both of them in a first choice XI.

I forecast Alireza Jahanbakhsh missing out against Watford and starting against WBA in the Cup.

I think CH wants to play the younger players (in preperation for next season) but the two oldies, Murray and Bruno should be included on merit.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/brig...te/verein/1237

Comment

Working...
                                X