Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Your top 10 best Iranian strikers of all time.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your top 10 best Iranian strikers of all time.

Inspired by Azmoun's recent great performances, it got me thinking about how many good strikers (and players in general) we've had (by Asian standards) over the past 30 years that I've consciously been able to follow our national team.

So if you had to make a top 10 of the best strikers you've seen wear the TM shirt in the time that you've been following them, how would you rank them? Regardless of their career, just by sheer talent.

My list:

1) Azmoun
    2) Daei
    3) Farshad Pious
    4) Taremi
    5) Farhad Majidi
    6) Ansarifard
    7) Hashemian
    8) Goochhannejhad
    9) Kaveh Rezaei
    10) Samereh

Azmoun still has a long way to be compared to Daei, even though in level of talent he is our best ever striker. I am not old enough to remember like Roshan, Gholamhossein Mazloumi and few other but they sure belong to the list of 10, if the question is regarding players i have seen during years following TM, here is my list, again this is base on the impact they had in TM in last 30 years, if it is for all time, you can include both Roshan and Gholamhossein Mazloumi in top 5 of this list and exclude Ansarifard and Bavi
    1) Daei
    2) Azmoun
    3) Pious
    4) Nasser Mohammadkhani
    5)Taremi
    6)Ghoochannejad
    7)Azizi
    8)Hashemian
    9)Ansarifard
    10) Karim Bavi

Comment

by just talent it would definitely be Daei and Azmoun. Although Samereh was something also.

Comment

Don't forget Modir Rousta

Comment

1. Daei
          2. Azmun
          3. Gucci
          4. Taremi

Comment

You guys are really underestimating Hashemian. The guys is clearly top 3!

Comment

Totally agree with @PEJ. Hashemian had an incredible career in one of the best leagues in the world. I'd say Azmoun is a greater talent, but has yet to surpass Hashemian's accomplishments.
              1) Daei
              2) Hashemian
              3) Azmoun

Comment

I highly doubt in my lifetime we will see forwards as lethal as Pious, Behzadi, Kalani, Shirzadegan or (Gholam Hossein) Mazloomi.
                I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

As it has been revealed many times so far, the age of the average PFDC member is around 30 or possibly lower.
                  I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

Originally posted by Kayvan in NY View Post
                    Totally agree with @PEJ. Hashemian had an incredible career in one of the best leagues in the world. I'd say Azmoun is a greater talent, but has yet to surpass Hashemian's accomplishments.
                    1) Daei
                    2) Hashemian
                    3) Azmoun
                    Why did it take you 7 years to make your first post?

Comment

Originally posted by sirvan View Post
                      Inspired by Azmoun's recent great performances, it got me thinking about how many good strikers (and players in general) we've had (by Asian standards) over the past 30 years that I've consciously been able to follow our national team.

So if you had to make a top 10 of the best strikers you've seen wear the TM shirt in the time that you've been following them, how would you rank them? Regardless of their career, just by sheer talent.

My list:

1) Azmoun
                      2) Daei
                      3) Farshad Pious
                      4) Taremi
                      5) Farhad Majidi
                      6) Ansarifard
                      7) Hashemian
                      8) Goochhannejhad
                      9) Kaveh Rezaei
                      10) Samereh
                      Top strikers to wear TM shirt? Then why do you have Majidi there? The guy was good in his clubs but completely useless in TM despite getting a lot of playing time, not the least under Shahrokhi as a coach!

For me, "only based on talent at their top form", this is top 10:

1. Daei
                      2. Edmond Bezik
                      3. Azmoun
                      4. Pious
                      5. Abdolali Changiz
                      6. Naser Mohammadkhani
                      7. Azizi
                      8. Hashemian
                      9. Taremi
                      10. Gucci

Comment

1. Daei
                        2. Aazizi
                        3. Azmoun
                        4. Hashemian
                        5. Ghoochanejhad
                        6. Taremi

Based on since I've been watching TM!

Comment

Considering the whole history. in order:

1) Daei
                          2) Azmoun
                          3) Hashemian
                          4) Roshan
                          5) Kalani
                          6) Gucci
                          7) Iranpak
                          8) Pious
                          9) Behzadi
                          10) Mohammadkhani
                          Last edited by _Navid_; 03-11-2019, 01:53 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sly View Post
                            Top strikers to wear TM shirt? Then why do you have Majidi there? The guy was good in his clubs but completely useless in TM despite getting a lot of playing time, not the least under Shahrokhi as a coach!
                            For me, "only based on talent at their top form", this is top 10:
                            1. Daei
                            2. Edmond Bezik
                            3. Azmoun
                            4. Pious
                            5. Abdolali Changiz
                            6. Naser Mohammadkhani
                            7. Azizi
                            8. Hashemian
                            9. Taremi
                            10. Gucci
                            Being used when there is 5 minutes left to play, or being used as a sub in extra time is not alot of playing time lad. He is the most underrated Iranian player ever!!! The guy oozed talent, such a magnificent striker he was!! He was unlucky that Daei was in his prime and playing and scoring all the time.
                            Also Azizi wasn't a striker lad . He was something else though, man what a talent he was as well!

Edmond Bezik was a great striker as well, i agree.

Comment

1. Azmoun - We are so lucky to have him as our striker, rather than Russia or Turkmenistan!

Comment

Working...
                              X