• Show
Clear All

You guys can follow our GK coach Dan Gaspar on Instagram

http://instagram.com/dangasparsoccer

Comment

Originally posted by 04041374 View Post
      You guys can follow our GK coach Dan Gaspar on Instagram

http://instagram.com/dangasparsoccer
      I would really like to meet him one day. He seems like a genuinely nice person.

Comment

Originally posted by ali alipour View Post
        It's fine to bash players if they actually do poorly, but I don't think I saw rezaeian do anything wrong today. People just seem to like hating on ipl players no matter what.
        i don't have a bias against IPL! it's just extremely frustrating seeing these same shortcomings over and over. it's unacceptable. several times today a japanese counterattack was the result of one of our players not being able to control the simplest balls.

Comment

Originally posted by ramingeles2000 View Post
          Ramin Rezaian is an amateur. The guy can't stop a simple ball. Next please. I'm tired of these IPL garbage players who play 10-15 TM matches and then disappear. CQ should look away from the domestic league and bring in Hagesawa and other Iranians playing abroad.
          Shall we please remember the assist and pass he made the first time he got the ball in the match against Guam?

Comment

Originally posted by Bessos View Post
            I've got some interesting news regarding the 2018 WCQ play-offs.

AFC 5th place will be facing CONCACAF 4th place

CONMEBOL 5th place will be facing OFC 1st place

Now let's see who are most likely going to be in these spots:

OFC .......... New Zealand

CONMEBOL .......... Uruguay or Ecuador

CONCACAF ........... Honduras

Of course we are expected to qualify directly, but if shit gets real, and we have to do play-offs, it will be against one of these: Honduras, United States, Mexico, Costa Rica, Trinidad and Tobago or Canada.
            Ecuador will be on the top of the CONMEBOL table with a win over Bolivia tonight. The way things have started there, it may be Brazil or Argentina!! :-)

I wish they could have use the same format as CONMEBOL in Asia, by putting all teams in one group including winner of OFC, with the top five quaifying directly for WC. None of this none sense play off games which is unfair and against Asian teams.

Comment

Seyed Jalal celebrated his 100th game for Team Melli today

http://90tv.ir/news/161446/%D8%AC%D8...B9%DA%A9%D8%B3

Comment

A few days old, but some people might have not seen it.
                http://footballitarin.com/video_page.php?id=15871

They cover the Oman game and the goals we've conceded since the world cup. Worrying how 5 of them were pretty similar to eachother.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBoss View Post
                  Haghighi : "I'll train harder to not make mistakes again"

http://www.varzesh3.com/news/1274729...A9%D9%86%D9%85
                  Originally posted by TheBoss View Post
                  Dejagah : "Next time I will do better with my penalty"

http://www.varzesh3.com/news/1274730...B2%D9%86%D9%85
                  Lool to these presidential promise.

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor DOOM View Post
                    I just listened to the CQ interview from yesterday's navad and I must say every time he speaks after a game and a suspicious performance, he sounds more like a snake oil salesman than a sporting coach. He is very slippery in his answering questions and knows what to say to dodge or distract. And the times he can't dodge, he straightaway blames others!
                    Often he's contradictory also. Like when he wants a quality league that can feed his team, but sees absolutely no problem with suspending the said league for an entire MONTH so we meet Asia's third and fourth tier teams!!!
                    I don't think he's that confused mentally. So maybe he's just trying to distract and dodge the blame for sub par performances.
                    Or that he blames Oman's weather (37 degree C is nothing abnormal in Tehran and we're quite familiar with this) for the bad performance.
                    Then he wants to overstretch some plus points. Ok we had a good game against Argentina. But that was so long ago and we still lost. Till when are we going to excuse lousy games and poor performances against pies poor teams in Asia, using that particular game?
                    And if he thinks we played ''well'' against Iraq, then he ought to have a reality check. Yes, Pouladi screwed up. But we had so many mistakes in our game that are unforgivable. And since when are we supposed to excuse crappy performances against teams we normally should steamroll by quoting other games we lost?
                    Na agha. We don't buy your snake oil. We'd rather see you earn your keep through improvement and progress in quality of football
                    I just wish he'd concentrate on his job and focus on improving our quality more seriously
                    I think Carlos is a world class coach with great credentials and we are lucky to have him. Most coaches of his caliber would not want to put themselves through the trials and tribulations and challenges with coaching in Iran. However I think he has developed a bad attitude and is down right condescending lately
                    His interview with Adel was strange to say the least. He started pointing to many things such as players not eligible due to military service that could help our defense and overall had a very negative attitude. He gets paid to deliver results we don't need him to point out all the problems. He is.a well paid professional. He talks about the problems just as though he is not even part of the solution. In my opinion he is deflecting and uses offense as his defense to not be subject to criticisms which is par for the course in his position. I am sorry but Oman game was not good we are lucky to get out of there with one point. People have the right to ask the head coach for answers. Instead he was coming at Adel and Adel was handling him with white gloves. He is annoying lots of folks in the Iranian and is becoming a liability for Kafashian. Sadly for us he knows we would deal with this nonsense because we can't do better.

Comment

Lol to southampton website : (after the equalizing) Yoshida and his teammates searched for a winning goal, but Iran held firm with the game ending level.
                      Read more at http://www.saintsfc.co.uk/news/artic...WGjshsbaxVx.99

Comment

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post
                        Lol to southampton website : (after the equalizing) Yoshida and his teammates searched for a winning goal, but Iran held firm with the game ending level.
                        Read more at http://www.saintsfc.co.uk/news/artic...WGjshsbaxVx.99
                        more like the opposite.

Comment

Originally posted by jjabbari View Post
                          I think Carlos is a world class coach with great credentials and we are lucky to have him. Most coaches of his caliber would not want to put themselves through the trials and tribulations and challenges with coaching in Iran. However I think he has developed a bad attitude and is down right condescending lately
                          His interview with Adel was strange to say the least. He started pointing to many things such as players not eligible due to military service that could help our defense and overall had a very negative attitude. He gets paid to deliver results we don't need him to point out all the problems. He is.a well paid professional. He talks about the problems just as though he is not even part of the solution. In my opinion he is deflecting and uses offense as his defense to not be subject to criticisms which is par for the course in his position. I am sorry but Oman game was not good we are lucky to get out of there with one point. People have the right to ask the head coach for answers. Instead he was coming at Adel and Adel was handling him with white gloves. He is annoying lots of folks in the Iranian and is becoming a liability for Kafashian. Sadly for us he knows we would deal with this nonsense because we can't do better.
                          Iranians are ghahreman-kosh. we like to destroy our heroes because many of us unfortunately are jealous of the success of those in charge. CQ is objectively a godsend to Iranian football. the fact that he's stayed in these horrific, mind-boggling conditions is nothing short of a miracle. people complain about how much he's getting paid....mageh pooleh toeh? why do you give a crap?

he was a jerk to adel? so what? CQ's been getting attacked from every direction from the second he's stepped foot on iranian soil. by who, mostly? a bunch of self-interested, jealous, backwards akhoond-lovers and their ilk.

why is anyone surprised that he's finally wearing down after years of dealing with baseless attacks? the cold, hard truth is that we're a very average football nation. there was no glorious past that we're trying to recapture - we're getting the same results we've always gotten, except that we're getting them while we have (a) a VERY poor talent pool and (b) unparalleled political obstacles; viewed in light of the circumstances, CQ's results are excellent.

the people on this website spend hours playing FIFA and watching Barcelona and then act disappointed and surprised when Iran puts in an average performance. Wake up, guys. We don't have a SINGLE fixed starter in a European league. We don't even have a bench warmer in one of the top-5 leagues. Our team is made up of a bunch of middling IPL players, a few unproven gems and grizzled veterans. The glue keeping this team together is CQ. He's brought dignity, professionalism and class to TM.

Why is it that, for the first time in our football history, suddenly our players are trying to make it to Europe, even if it's to Greece, Russia, or 2nd division teams when they could be making more in Iran or in arab leagues? Answer: CQ. CQ has changed our footballing culture. And now that he's TRYING TO BRING YOUTH INTO THE TEAM AND EXPERIMENT at the ONE TIME ITS POSSIBLE (1st round of WCQ which is easier), which means we get so-so results against Oman, Turkemenistan, etc., the short-sighted, know-it-all critics take a break from playing Pro Evolution Soccer to come make personal attacks on CQ; ironically these folks don't mention that our players can't make simple plays, can't stop speedy balls, and lack football fundamentals.

It's really a shame that we have such a LACK of talent (and don't even tell me that we don't currently have a low talent pool compared to past generations - because it will show you know nothing about TM history) at the moment, because if CQ had even 2-3 solid European level players you would all see what this man has done for our team.

This Iranian mindset is so sickening. Constantly criticizing the leadership, thinking up warped conspiracy theories, etc. Just like those who criticized the shah when he was in power, and now drink to his name and worship his memory, there will be a day when even the haters on this board will WISH we had someone on CQ's level.

Comment

Iranians are ghahreman-kosh. we like to destroy our heroes because many of us unfortunately are jealous of the success of those in charge. CQ is objectively a godsend to Iranian football. the fact that he's stayed in these horrific, mind-boggling conditions is nothing short of a miracle. people complain about how much he's getting paid....mageh pooleh toeh? why do you give a crap?

he was a jerk to adel? so what? CQ's been getting attacked from every direction from the second he's stepped foot on iranian soil. by who, mostly? a bunch of self-interested, jealous, backwards akhoond-lovers and their ilk.

why is anyone surprised that he's finally wearing down after years of dealing with baseless attacks? the cold, hard truth is that we're a very average football nation. there was no glorious past that we're trying to recapture - we're getting the same results we've always gotten, except that we're getting them while we have (a) a VERY poor talent pool and (b) unparalleled political obstacles; viewed in light of the circumstances, CQ's results are excellent.

the people on this website spend hours playing FIFA and watching Barcelona and then act disappointed and surprised when Iran puts in an average performance. Wake up, guys. We don't have a SINGLE fixed starter in a European league. We don't even have a bench warmer in one of the top-5 leagues. Our team is made up of a bunch of middling IPL players, a few unproven gems and grizzled veterans. The glue keeping this team together is CQ. He's brought dignity, professionalism and class to TM.

Why is it that, for the first time in our football history, suddenly our players are trying to make it to Europe, even if it's to Greece, Russia, or 2nd division teams when they could be making more in Iran or in arab leagues? Answer: CQ. CQ has changed our footballing culture. And now that he's TRYING TO BRING YOUTH INTO THE TEAM AND EXPERIMENT at the ONE TIME ITS POSSIBLE (1st round of WCQ which is easier), which means we get so-so results against Oman, Turkemenistan, etc., the short-sighted, know-it-all critics take a break from playing Pro Evolution Soccer to come make personal attacks on CQ; ironically these folks don't mention that our players can't make simple plays, can't stop speedy balls, and lack football fundamentals.

It's really a shame that we have such a LACK of talent (and don't even tell me that we don't currently have a low talent pool compared to past generations - because it will show you know nothing about TM history) at the moment, because if CQ had even 2-3 solid European level players you would all see what this man has done for our team.

This Iranian mindset is so sickening. Constantly criticizing the leadership, thinking up warped conspiracy theories, etc. Just like those who criticized the shah when he was in power, and now drink to his name and worship his memory, there will be a day when even the haters on this board will WISH we had someone on CQ's level.
                            Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post
                              Lool to these presidential promise.
                              More like boys promising to be good child!

Comment

The wall of text you put up is a bit too much for me to go through and pin point its flaws but a few notes that stood out:

In every modern civilized country, people have the right to know how much a public servant gets paid. I pay taxes, I want to know how my tax dollars are being spent. In the US, things such as professor's salary, police officer and firefighters salaries are public knowledge. I don't see any problem with people in Iran asking how much CQ is getting paid, it is their money being spent on a NATIONAL TEAM coach. Yes it is poolehshoon.

Furthermore, you mention for the first time in history are players are trying to make it to Europe? We've had Iranian players playing in European leagues before.

We don't lack talent, we aren't utilizing what we have at are disposal correctly. You make it sound like CQ is god's gift to Earth. He is grumpy, stubborn and negative. That's what I get from him every single time he speaks to someone from the media. Is he a good coach? I don't know, I have never worked with him. He seems to be doing a decent job.

Comment

Working...
                                X