No announcement yet.

Our Best TM line up flashed for about 7 minutes between minutes 64 and 71

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I didn't want to name players but I think I should. Up until CQ made all the subs including Torabi in minute 64, he suddenly completed the the jigsaw until minute 71 when masood was subbed in. I love Masood Shojai and he is a fantastic person and player but it doesn't mean that he is able to fit in any jigsaw. Footy is a team game you could put 11 average players in team and play well together and do really well and beat some strong teams (and as a result all these average players look great) such as a team made up of 11 stars simply because the players are able to read, connect and understand each other well. I may be wrong but TM suddenly started to flow as if a clog or a knot had been undone or by chance those players on the field were connecting well with each other. May be it is worth trying those guys together and see how they do? Maybe it was just a fluke?
    هرگاه شما بازیکنی دیدید که از نظر تکنیک و قدرت بدنی فوق العاده است و همیشه یکسان است و تحت هیچ شرایط هیچ افتی ندارد شما یک فوق ستاره پیدا کرده اید در غیر اینصورت شما به یک بازیکن معمولی
    نگاه میکنید.
    sigpic
    I am Persian. I used to rule the world. I will never be subservient to anyone.

Comment

Originally posted by rizz View Post
      I’ d like to see the following lineup starting in the Asian Cup:

———————Beiranvand——————
      Moharrami—Pouraliganji—Hosseini—Mohammadi
      Ezatolahi——Ebrahimi
      Jahanbakhsh—- Ghoddos ——— torabi
      —————-Rezaei————-

Difficult to say if Gholizadeh should play instead of Torabi. Gholizadeh has more technical quality,
      but his decision- making at times is poor, plus he takes too much time until he produces something
      (too selfish in my opinion).
      Although Jahanbakhsh did not convince me yesterday, he is the 2nd best attacking player after ghoddos
      I would say and should definitely start.
      CQ will never go with this compo unless we're trailing behind and urgently need to score. In the big games you're more likely to see Amiri in the lineup as well (going 4-3-3) and Taremi on a wing rather than Torabi/Gholizadeh - Taremi showed at the WC he's ready to come back and defend and chases up well with opponents. I'd also like to see Ghoddos/Jahanbakhsh/Gholizadeh or Torabi play in the attacking midfield but CQ won't risk this as none of them has good defensive abilities and motivation to defend. CQ will look for the perfectly balanced team, with the balance slightly more on defense rather than offense. Also if Azmoun comes back he's likely to start the games.

Comment

I find the thread interesting but I think we shouldn't overestimate just how meaningful 7 mins in a game are. International football is more and more becoming a play of chess and teams will have moments when they struggle and others when they're better. The key thing being not to concede when you're a bit down. France showed this off during the WC.

Therefore even without this lineup Iran was always going to have a few mins where it would largely outclass Uzbekistan (thank God!).

Comment

Ghodoos, Taermi and Karim must start in my opinion.

JB has catching up to do

Comment

Having observed CQ and his tactics for the last 7 years or so I can clearly see a different tactic being deployed by CQ in the latest game. You could clearly see instructions to build play with fast movements right from the Irans 18 yard box. Even Abedzadeh was giving short passes to the defence and the were playing it out even when the Uzbek players were on them in numbers near Iran’s goal. They just did not hoof the ball out even when under some pressure, this is new. It was as if CQ had clear instructions to only play fast 1 or 2 touch passes until the 18 yard of the Uzbeks. This is a completely different mindset and the players executed it quite well.

Iran will get better with this tactic and if they get to continue with some more friendlies we will do very well in the Asia Cup. I think this is where we see the true value of CQ, the ability to plan and execute a plan with a set of players who just soak up whatever he throws at them. Credit to the players as well for being coachable and execute the plans. I have a feeling this is the gear shift we were all looking forward to.

Comment

Originally posted by Roozbeh-G2006 View Post
              I didn't want to name players but I think I should. Up until CQ made all the subs including Torabi in minute 64, he suddenly completed the the jigsaw until minute 71 when masood was subbed in. I love Masood Shojai and he is a fantastic person and player but it doesn't mean that he is able to fit in any jigsaw. Footy is a team game you could put 11 average players in team and play well together and do really well and beat some strong teams (and as a result all these average players look great) such as a team made up of 11 stars simply because the players are able to read, connect and understand each other well. I may be wrong but TM suddenly started to flow as if a clog or a knot had been undone or by chance those players on the field were connecting well with each other. May be it is worth trying those guys together and see how they do? Maybe it was just a fluke?
              another big factor is that Uzbeks resorted to wholesale changes about the same time as us, subbing out some key player who were playing quiet well up until then...!! and it was obvious that their reserves werent near the quality of their starters...!

Comment

What was the line up during those 7 mins?

Comment

Originally posted by sahandkarimi View Post
                  What was the line up during those 7 mins?
                  I was also keen to know:
                  abedzadeh
                  mohamadi
                  pouraliganji
                  ebrahimi
                  gholizadeh
                  moharami
                  ghoddos
                  taremi
                  montazeri
                  torabi
                  ezatolahi
                  هرگاه شما بازیکنی دیدید که از نظر تکنیک و قدرت بدنی فوق العاده است و همیشه یکسان است و تحت هیچ شرایط هیچ افتی ندارد شما یک فوق ستاره پیدا کرده اید در غیر اینصورت شما به یک بازیکن معمولی
                  نگاه میکنید.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Roozbeh-G2006 View Post
                    I was also keen to know:
                    abedzadeh
                    mohamadi
                    pouraliganji
                    ebrahimi
                    gholizadeh
                    moharami
                    ghoddos
                    taremi
                    montazeri
                    torabi
                    ezatolahi
                    So I would definetely remove the ones in bold! Not that they are bad players but we have better options! Also even if Ebrahimi had a good world cup I'm still not convinced!

Comment

Originally posted by scuderia View Post
                      So I would definetely remove the ones in bold! Not that they are bad players but we have better options! Also even if Ebrahimi had a good world cup I'm still not convinced!
                      Many here might actually definitely remove most of them. The point actually is that this team in that 7 minutes played really well together. They seemed to flow and the result was immediate goal and after the goal they still played superbly together. I cant remember seeing a continues seven minutes of such great fast attacking intelligent and accurate football in any of the TM games I have watched.
                      نگاه میکنید.
                      sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      X