Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Perseus View Post
    Subs at 66 minutes.

I think CH will probably go for experience in the starting XI. That means Glenn Murray to start over Locadia or Andone.
    Beram Kayal may get a start.

I think the defence is sounder with Bruno in it and I hope he would at least make the squad.

The big ? is left wing. Alireza Jahanbakhsh, Solly March or José Izquierdo ?

Dale Stephens may make the bench, even if not fully fit in case of any injury to midfielders.

NB: CH may start Alireza Jahanbakhsh and keep José Izquierdo as a strategic reserve. PS: I am not sure if he is that devious?
    So now there are 3 players for 1 spot. In fact 2 out of those 3 players should be staring (Jahanbakhsh and Izquieirdo)!

Comment

I agree with you guys and its mind boggling how this board supports Hughton's signings. Locadia was the former record signing last winter transfer window (17m) and has only started four matches since. For a fact, Hughton is the man who wanted to sign Alireza as he tried to sign him a few years back. They drop huge sums (in relation to Brighton's budget) and Hughton is not even utilizing these players. These transfer fees should be used to building a squad that will help survive in the premier league.

I honestly dont even know when Alireza is going to start or even get more minutes but CH better figure it out. This club has only won a single game and drew against teams that wins couldve been possible. Maybe against Newcastle we can see Alireza start or get more minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by pdot View Post
        You are not even at level one of understanding soccer coaching and tactics to call someone who is a professional at top level soccer "tactically clueless". I won't go into the many reason Jahanbakhsh isn't starting yet, because arguing with fanboys isn't worth it. Jahanbakhsh has a problem marking his man.

I'm done.
        Not arguing with the rest of what you said, but that's absolute BS. Jahanbakhsh is a very capable defender/marker. He's been more impressive defensively than offensively in the little time he's gotten. In fact in the last game against Man city when Knockaert scored, AJB was at the halfway line. He had stayed back to help defend and it led to the breakaway and goal. If anything is and will be an issue for him it's to be offensively productive while remaining defensively responsible/solid.

Comment

Originally posted by pdot View Post
          You are not even at level one of understanding soccer coaching and tactics to call someone who is a professional at top level soccer "tactically clueless". I won't go into the many reason Jahanbakhsh isn't starting yet, because arguing with fanboys isn't worth it. Jahanbakhsh has a problem marking his man.
          I'm done.
          Oh yeah solly march is doing such a GREAT job marking his man . hala khodetam gonde goozi dar nayar please, telling other members they have no right to speak about football. If CH's tactics and personnel choices were working so well then Brighton wouldnt have 1 win in 9 games and CH wouldnt have been fired from all his other previous managerial postings at mid table-relegation clubs.

Comment

Originally posted by Bagg10 View Post
            Not arguing with the rest of what you said, but that's absolute BS. Jahanbakhsh is a very capable defender/marker. He's been more impressive defensively than offensively in the little time he's gotten. In fact in the last game against Man city when Knockaert scored, AJB was at the halfway line. He had stayed back to help defend and it led to the breakaway and goal. If anything is and will be an issue for him it's to be offensively productive while remaining defensively responsible/solid.
            liverpool game as well, great defensive work, esp on salah

Comment

The simple truth is you can’t judge a player in 10-15 minutes of play.

It’s either something CH sees in training, he truly believes it’s not JB’s time yet and he needs to be patient or CH himself has too many players to satisfy for one position which tells you they maybe short on other positions and there’s an imbalance in the team. I’m not so qualified to answer the latter perhaps a Home Brighton fan can answer that one. I am not convinced it’s a tactical issue, JB has shown versatility before.
              sigpic
              Long Live 3 Rang'e Iran

Comment

I'd like to hear more on Hoorad/Leicester City's thoughts and insights on this matter and I doubt I'm alone in this.

Comment

Originally posted by Taz View Post
                  I'd like to hear more on Hoorad/Leicester City's thoughts and insights on this matter and I doubt I'm alone in this.
                  Make it a debate with ehsan singapore and I'll buy tickets

Comment

Hints that Beram Kayal will start but not José Izquierdo.

https://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/169...ck/?ref=twtrec

Brighton have two first choice midfielders missing in Dale Stephens and Pascal Groß. Stephens will be mostly ball winning influence and Groß because of his creation and scoring the amount of ground he covers. I think I would prefer to see Alireza Jahanbakhsh over Solly March on the left hand side in the absence of José Izquierdo.

Comment

i hope alireza play, is 3 am here in singapore.i am still pissed he has not started one game for brigton

Comment

This is a match Brighton has to be going out for all 3 points. Attacking players like ARJ are whats needed. If he does not start today, then I am at lost.
                        "History is a set of lies that people have agreed upon,"

Comment

There are rumours, I stress again rumours that ARJ is going to start tonight, a few die hard Brighton fans were saying something about how they set up in training or something. Not sure how valid that is, as my source is twitter but thought I'd share!
                          you can't do anything about the length of your life, but you can do something about its width and depth
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by taha View Post
                            There are rumours, I stress again rumours that ARJ is going to start tonight, a few die hard Brighton fans were saying something about how they set up in training or something. Not sure how valid that is, as my source twitter but thought I'd share!
                            Thank you, but there have been rumors of him starting since he was the top scorer in Eredivisie and the club paid $25million for him as well =) (Ahem, hope CH is listening).

Comment

Originally posted by ehsan singapore View Post
                              i hope alireza play, is 3 am here in singapore.i am still pissed he has not started one game for brigton
                              Hello Ehsan. I am from Singapore too! I am getting impatient with CH. Really hope ARJ gets to start.
                              A Singapore girl who supports Iran Football

Comment

Originally posted by taha View Post
                                There are rumours, I stress again rumours that ARJ is going to start tonight, a few die hard Brighton fans were saying something about how they set up in training or something. Not sure how valid that is, as my source is twitter but thought I'd share!
                                I saw the training pics too and I got that impression, he had the same bib on as the regular starters

Comment

Working...
                                X