No announcement yet.

Alireza Jahanbakhsh @ Brighton & Hove Albion | 2018-2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Didn’t get a chance to watch the game today but Charlie Nicholas who was reporting on it on Sky Sports News just said that Hughton didn’t sent the wingers out high enough up the pitch and it was as if they were sent out to play for a point. Said there was no forward ball from the midfield to Murray so he could hold it up and lay it off. Sounds like Hughton got his tactics wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by happydoggo View Post
      Alot of people on the Brighton side giving AJ alot of heat again. But I don't understand why since the whole team is shit and the goal happened on mistakes in the right side of the pitch. Pröpper has been awful, probably the worst player today.
      lol Dont mind them. AJB has become their scapegoat when they get shit results. this game falls on Biss as it is not his first time giving the ball up the leads to a goal ( Liverpool game) when not even your midfielders can play a forward pass what can u expect? Idk how Jb was the worst player on the pitch when Knocky , Stephens AND GLENN grandpa Murray were all on the pitch.

Comment

Brighton & Hove Albion 0 Southampton 1

Back from the game:

1) It did nothing to cheer me up, low sun and haze made for a poor view. Result didn't help, visitors like Watford, Burnley and now Southampton very defensive
        2) Man City have got nothing to worry about!
        3) I had trepidations about this game beforehand as it looked like Southampton had been playing better than Brighton lately, esp Redmond.
        4) Romeu and Højbjerg probably a fraction better than Dale Stephens and Davy Pröpper, not just today.
        5) Albion team selection did not click at all in lots of ways

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47676511

https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/12...on-Southampton

Comment

We are really, really shit.

We're going to scrape our way to survival and repeat this shit next year. Wish we'd go down, the Championship is such a better league as a fan.

Comment

He should be playing in serie a or la liga. Epl is a joke
            WE ARE THE UNDER DOGS

Comment

ARJ got more service this game, which was an improvement. He did have some nice touches, a couple of off-sides, but the team overall could not get it together. The defense was probably the best side of BHA today. Disappointed by subbing ARJ off so early, but it was a start for him. Overall, not a bad showing for ARJ, but the team as a whole needs to take it to the next level.

Comment

Originally posted by diz View Post
                ARJ got more service this game, which was an improvement. He did have some nice touches, a couple of off-sides, but the team overall could not get it together. The defense was probably the best side of BHA today. Disappointed by subbing ARJ off so early, but it was a start for him. Overall, not a bad showing for ARJ, but the team as a whole needs to take it to the next level.
                I just dont understand why he was the first to be subbed? clearly better than Knocky today. is it because CH has more trust in Knocky and old man Murray? It made absolutely no sense to sub him as he was the only one attacking.

Comment

Making changes makes sense as they have a midweek game at Chelsea and then the semi-final next week
                  So makes sense to keeps players fresh. Will be interested who is rested for the Chelsea game, will give us a look into who may start against Man City.

Think it’s brilliant that there will be an Iranian player in an FA Cup semi final , honestly my full backing is behind Brighton.

Comment

Originally posted by BHAFC View Post
                    We are really, really shit.

We're going to scrape our way to survival and repeat this shit next year. Wish we'd go down, the Championship is such a better league as a fan.
                    sorry to say, but brighton's coach is seriously shit. he's 1-0 down and he takes the only player out that plays, moves, and defends smart on the pitch. he plays quick 1 touch football while almost the rest of the team is taking so much time on the ball to make a frikkin decision.... i am baffled at the way brighton are still hanging by the thread. murray should be a substitude player in the last 20/30 minutes. kayal should play, andone should play.. he should give more freedom in attacking flow and stop disarming players like jahanbakhsh in staying put in his position. give the guy some freedom to play and attack and you can see you got a gem.

but imo brighton will fight for relegation this year.. haven't seen anything wise from this coach and the way he arranges his squad.

Comment

Second thoughts from the game live:

1) Southampton away support was second to none, esp as they were under the cosh for the last 40 minutes.
                      2) Sub of Alireza Jahanbakhsh timed OK. I suspect fans wanted Murray subbed as well as Brighton had created few chances up to then.
                      3) Murmurs of discontent when Pröpper subbed.
                      4) Lack of quality rather than effort. Knockaert put in a varied stint and looked more likely to create something than Jahanbakhsh.
                      5) Bertrand much the stronger of the full backs on the left for Southampton. No Brighton overlaps on the right.
                      6) Southampton were a full strength side in form. I would have been happy with a draw before the game. 38 points needed.

Comment

Originally posted by Medzdidz View Post
                        Charlie Nicholas who was reporting on it on Sky Sports News just said that Hughton didn’t sent the wingers out high enough up the pitch and it was as if they were sent out to play for a point. Said there was no forward ball from the midfield to Murray so he could hold it up and lay it off. Sounds like Hughton got his tactics wrong.
                        Spot On..!
                        This loss is CH’s fault all the way ..!
                        Awful negative & defensive set-up & overall game tactics for a home game vs opponent in their own ranks especially with relegation prospects ..!
                        I think he was looking to a busy week ahead when he subbed ARJ prematurely today .!??

Comment

Brighton's game plan is disgusting. It's the worst brand of football I've ever seen. It's not like they are having much success with it.
                          "Formerly known as AliDaeiClone"

Comment

BHA will be in serious trouble if this Cardiff City vs Chelsea result holds (Cardiff City up 1-0 in the 67th minute).

Comment

Brighton & Hove Albion 0 Southampton 1

GLENN MURRAY 5: Never really given a sniff by either the tempo of Albion’s attacks or a Southampton defence who were praised by Hughton.

ALIREZA JAHANBAKHSH 5: His level of influence on proceedings has waned again after a couple of lively games. Wasted Albion’s best first-half move with a poor low cross.

https://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/175...on/?ref=twtrec

Comment

I've basically watched 90% of Brighton games this season (even those without Alireza), and can more or less say they "my team" in the EPL. I try to be realistic, knowing they are a small club whose goal from even before the start of the season was to avoid relegation, and I'm really hard not to be reactionary... but god damn Chris Hughton makes it nearly impossible to defend his coaching. I understand that to Brighton fans he's got god status, but come on...

Questionable player selection aside, his style of coaching makes C.Q look like Jurgen Klopp. There's way too much space between the midfield and the striker, there's no pressing what so ever and he plays his best player out of position. It's like watching North Korea in the 2010 world cup.
                                Last edited by The; 04-01-2019, 03:11 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X