Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which one is the best option for our NT GK position according to you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which one is the best option for our NT GK position according to you? If you give some explanation it will be better.

Beiranvand has not been great after his fast recovery. Mazaheri and Akhbari doesn't have enough international experience and Haghighi has been club-less for a long time. Sosha Makani has been playing regularly, Rahmati has shown some sparks, and Husseini also seems promising. Good news is Danial Davari is getting more time recently to play.
    Use Alireza Beiranvand
    0%
    Use Rashid Mazaheri
    0%
    Use Akhbari
    0%
    Bring back Mehdi Rahmati now that CQ let PP players back
    0%
    Invite Sheikh Veisi
    0%
    Invite Sosha Makani
    0%
    Invite Alireza Haghighi
    0%
    Invite Danial Davari
    0%
    Others
    0%

Definitely Haghighi IF he can regain his form. I never really feel confident with Beiranvand in goal, especially after that red card vs Guam and his recent ACL matches with Persepolis. If Haghighi doesn't regain his form, then Mazaheri.

Comment

That Persepolis-Rahmati comparison makes absolutely no sense....
      Team Meli Iran
      Perspolis FC
      Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

^ I don't blame Beiranvand for Persepolis vs Al Rayyan alone but he could at least save one of the goals. The problem was with Persepolis LB Rabihkhah messing up the defense line by not covering his area.

Beiranvand was awesome up to his injury. I rated him above Haghighi up to that point. He was idiot that took his injury not seriously. He was practicing while doctors said he had to rest after he broke his hand. He wanted a fast recovery but all I can see so far is that he has not been able to regain his fitness yet and concede easy goals. If he continues to perform like this I don't even want him to stay as Persepolis first choice. NT is a total different story. I don't feel safe with Beiranvand as our NT GK at moment.

Comment

I doubt anyone else than Beiranvand will start in goal. People overanalyse every single move he does since he's the main gk currently, if he didn't even make those mistakes he'd be in goal for Dortmund or something but he's right now the most complete/consistent keeper with the highest ceiling.

I think Branko and Panadic both even mentioned that he's good enough to play in top European leagues.

Mazaheri rarely makes mistakes and has the best reflexes out of all, maybe Makani as 3rd choice. Akhbari for me still needs to mature. Haghighi even in his best times made several blunders frequently and often looks shaky even with our great defense, people mention him only for his 1 match vs Argentina (which mostly was thanks to the good defensive organisation) and his eccentric saves every once and a while.

Comment

Beiranvand for now. If he goes to Europe, I expect him to start in the world cup too. If not, probably Haghighi in a year when he regains form.

Comment

Originally posted by Z Joon View Post
              Haghighi even in his best times made several blunders frequently and often looks shaky even with our great defense, people mention him only for his 1 match vs Argentina (which mostly was thanks to the good defensive organisation) and his eccentric saves every once and a while.
              That's not being completely fair to Haghighi. Yes, he had an amazing game vs Argentina, but that's not the only reason I'm saying he should be a starter if he regains his form. He was also pretty good against Nigeria, and against all the teams in the Asian Cup. He was only at fault for Iraq's first goal in the QF, but other than that, he was spot on in that tournament. He was also fairly decent in the friendlies after the Asian Cup too, like against Chile where he made some pretty good saves. It was since the first WCQ against Turkmenistan that he started performing very poorly and making really bad mistakes.

Comment

Base on league performance this year, Sheikhveisi deserved a call at least, otherwise i guess Mazaheri, despite few weak games this year was the best IPL keeper and i would start him but i guess CQ will go with Beiro for now at least.

Comment

Originally posted by Kian B. View Post
                  That's not being completely fair to Haghighi. Yes, he had an amazing game vs Argentina, but that's not the only reason I'm saying he should be a starter if he regains his form. He was also pretty good against Nigeria, and against all the teams in the Asian Cup. He was only at fault for Iraq's first goal in the QF, but other than that, he was spot on in that tournament. He was also fairly decent in the friendlies after the Asian Cup too, like against Chile where he made some pretty good saves. It was since the first WCQ against Turkmenistan that he started performing very poorly and making really bad mistakes.
                  His overall keeping abilities never been great, in many games he almost gives silly penalties by coming off his lines at wrong times and too often. Besides, he can't save penalties and is very weak on low crosses. All of these both at NT and club level.

Thankfully there generally aren't many shots against our goal with our defense.

However his experience can be useful at least on the bench so I would put either him or Makani as 3rd choice based on form, but speaking about goalkeeping ability both Beiranvand and Mazaheri are superior

Comment

Originally posted by Z Joon View Post
                    His overall keeping abilities never been great, in many games he almost gives silly penalties by coming off his lines at wrong times and too often. Besides, he can't save penalties and is very weak on low crosses. All of these both at NT and club level.
                    Thankfully there generally aren't many shots against our goal with our defense.
                    However his experience can be useful at least on the bench so I would put either him or Makani as 3rd choice based on form, but speaking about goalkeeping ability both Beiranvand and Mazaheri are superior
                    Overall Beiranvand stats are good if you consider his form prior to his injury. Now his stats are not looking good. Ever since he came back from injury he has received many goals.

Just take a look at this season alone.
                    Prior injury: 9 matches 3 conceded goals
                    after injury: 13 matches 10 conceded goals

Comment

I really hope Haghighi gets into form. He has a real swagger about him that you need from a GK. He's fearless adds real character. Now mind you, he doesn't have the talent of someone like Beira, but he definitely has the "IT" factor.

Comment

Originally posted by PersianLegion View Post
                        Overall Beiranvand stats are good if you consider his form prior to his injury. Now his stats are not looking good. Ever since he came back from injury he has received many goals.

Just take a look at this season alone.
                        Prior injury: 9 matches 3 conceded goals
                        after injury: 13 matches 10 conceded goals
                        He's not been at his best after the injury obviously. But goals conceded don't mean much when analyzing a keeper; a goalkeeper can only do much to prevent a goal, the defensive mechanism of a team is as much responsible. Rabikhah, Ahmadzadeh as LB have not helped those stats, Mahini is worse than usual, even Seyed Jalal hasn't been his usual self in last couple of games. Overall Persepolis has been quite shocking all of a sudden defensively.

We can't put the responsibility of every goal on a keeper, and he's been given an unfair amount of criticism here for goals that he couldn't even do much about recently, and that is because he is over-analysed and there are high expectations of him.

As I said, I highly doubt that anyone will take his 1st spot right now as it looks like CQ is working on making him the permanent number 1 since a long time now. Maybe Mazaheri or Makani, if he impresses with his new team, can challenge him on the long run who knows

Comment

Oh how I hope Haghighi regains form for that shitty Swedish team he signed for, moves to a better team and becomes Iran's 1st GK again at the World Cup!

Haghighi in form is better than all options we currently have.

He's the confidence factor you need in goal. Aggressive, bossing the penalty box, good reflexes AND World Cup experience! Not many Iranian goalkeepers currently can say the same.

Comment

What do you guys think about "Kalagheh Asia"? Should CQ give him another chance? He can only be used for another year and after that he is useless.

He has conceded 7 goals in his last 11 matches including 4 ACL match and derby.
                            Last edited by PersianLegion; 03-19-2017, 04:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Camran khan View Post
                              Beiranvand for now. If he goes to Europe, I expect him to start in the world cup too. If not, probably Haghighi in a year when he regains form.
                              Even if Haghighi is not fit to be in eleven, seems to be very influential and experienced to be among the 23 players. He can speak the basic Portuguese, and this helps in communication with the Portuguese staff (Carlos Queiroz, Dan Gaspar and Oceano)

Comment

Working...
                              X