No announcement yet.

Please explain Skocic logic to me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We're slatted to be ranked #21 next month with 6 games left in qualification and we have 1,545.02 points in the FIFA rankings. Top 16 ranked teams are all in the mix for WC qualifying at the moment still, which puts us into pot 3 (as there are three pots of 8). If we can get up to #15 (given that Qatar, as host, will be in pot #1), we're guaranteed to be in pot 2, which will be a huge boost to our prospects of advancing to R16. The current #15 are the Swiss, with a "live" point total of 1,630.91. That's a big point total difference. We'll need to both win out, and also for either some of the teams in front of us to either lose games during qualifying, or outright fail to make it, in order to reach Pot 2. Its not out of the question though! Colombia, Uruguay and USA all appear to be struggling and are in the top 20, and Europe is nearly completely up in the air (with 14 teams above us in the rankings, but only 13 qualification slots).

Comment

useless coach we need to get rid asap

Comment

Originally posted by O-ZoNe View Post
        Ghoddos has little match time in England. Against weaker teams he could be ok but Korea could have exposed that today. I suppose Skocic saw this in training and didn't want to risk injury or fatigue. Fact is this result is acceptable and all the Koreans felt lucky to escape with a draw.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk
        dont be silly even with little match time he is doing EPL training! that is a billion times more intense than no disrespect the IPL or QSL players

Comment

Originally posted by mehdi13 View Post
          2013–2014 Malavan
          2014–2016 Foolad
          2018 Khooneh be Khooneh
          2019–2020 Sanat Naft
          Lol this was amazing
          Team Meli Iran
          Perspolis FC
          Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

his logic is always to be cautious imo. His xi selection is indicative of that. His subs are indicative of that.

At 1-1 we had Korea by the balls but you could tell a few of our guys were tiring (they just played an intense game in UAE heat few days ago where again sko didnt really sub). Instead of introducing likes of ghoddos, ghayedi, Y. Salmani, torabi (or at least one of them) to provide that added offensive creativity and speed (physical speed and decision making) he instead chose to let our momentum die out and try to protect point.

In the end even biggest skocic fans should admit the risk...they almost scored to win the game. A game we should have wrapped up 15 mins prior.

Comment

Well Iran controlled and dominated the game from the moment he made the first substitution until we equalised. Putting Amiri back in midfield allowed us to press them higher and they couldn't get out for around 15-20 minutes and JB's best spell in the game also coincided with the period after the substitution so I'm not sure we can criticise this too much.

But I agree on the criticism around a lack of more attacking substitutions after we had equalised, and giving more time to quality players like Ghoddos, Ghaedi and Torabi to influence the game. Personally I think the mistake he made was not starting with that line-up with Amiri in midfield and Noorafkan at lb and then having the option to switch Amiri to lb and bring on more attacking subs later on.

Comment

[QUOTE=inarsenewetrust;2768276]his logic is always to be cautious imo. His xi selection is indicative of that. His subs are indicative of that.

Well said. And also his game plan was indicative of that: Play backwards instead of forwards to gain some meaningless possession. This is exactly what other Croatian coaches have doe to our football in the past. If we play Brazil or Holland, he will ask all 11 players to bring their bed and to put them in the 18 yards.

I understand a coach to be only result oriented but when he has so much talents on the bench but doesn't use them then it is pure stupidity. We had the likes of Saman, Ghaedi, Karim, Torabi on the bench, any decent coach would've subbed in at least two of them around 75th minutes while we had the momentum after scoring our goal to push to win the match.

Comment

The issue is in WC. This team with Sko will not do anything in WC.

Sent from my MAR-LX3A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by zereshk-ali View Post
                    Well Iran controlled and dominated the game from the moment he made the first substitution until we equalised. Putting Amiri back in midfield allowed us to press them higher and they couldn't get out for around 15-20 minutes and JB's best spell in the game also coincided with the period after the substitution so I'm not sure we can criticise this too much.

But I agree on the criticism around a lack of more attacking substitutions after we had equalised, and giving more time to quality players like Ghoddos, Ghaedi and Torabi to influence the game. Personally I think the mistake he made was not starting with that line-up with Amiri in midfield and Noorafkan at lb and then having the option to switch Amiri to lb and bring on more attacking subs later on.
                    Excellent analysis.

Comment

Originally posted by CAGE View Post
                      1. Arguably our best player Ghoddos is warming the bench, in our most crucial match and didn't play last match either.

2. Makes defensive sub when were trailing 1-0

3. Makes 2 substitutes with only 30 SECONDS remaining on clock?!

Is this guy in a coma? I don't care if he is 20-0 this doesn't make sense.

EDIT: Ghoddos has played PERFECTLY every match he has come in, It isn't like he is being scrutinized for a bad performance. Skocic seems to be rewarding bad performers and punishing good ones.
                      1- He entered the game wth 1st half cautious tactics and then open up in the 2nd.
                      I believe had it been 0-0 by min 60, we'd have seen Ghoddos come in (just as he was asked to warm up as soon as we conceded)

2- Skocic’s reshuffle of the team really turned the game around and worked. And that is hallmark of a good coach. After the Korean goal, by bringing Nourafkan for LB, he allowed Amiri (who is wasted at LB) to come to LM/LW , by releasing JB (who was performing well. Despite many of your criticism) to his better suited RW role.

What this did was reinforce our left side, both for defense as well as attacks. And with JB as RW, now, Koreans had to deal with TWO dangerous flanks. That’s why we were able to put extra pressure on them and even score.

3- agree.
                      Ghaedi shd have come in earlier.
                      But when the team is performing well (we almost scored 2 more goals) ... aside from nourolahi, ... not many coaches sub players who have synced up well by now, out

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor DOOM View Post
                        1- He entered the game wth 1st half cautious tactics and then open up in the 2nd.
                        I believe had it been 0-0 by min 60, we'd have seen Ghoddos come in (just as he was asked to warm up as soon as we conceded)
                        2- Skocic’s reshuffle of the team really turned the game around and worked. And that is hallmark of a good coach. After the Korean goal, by bringing Nourafkan for LB, he allowed Amiri (who is wasted at LB) to come to LM/LW , by releasing JB (who was performing well. Despite many of your criticism) to his better suited RW role.
                        What this did was reinforce our left side, both for defense as well as attacks. And with JB as RW, now, Koreans had to deal with TWO dangerous flanks. That’s why we were able to put extra pressure on them and even score.
                        3- agree.
                        But when the team is performing well (we almost scored 2 more goals) ... aside from nourolahi, ... not many coaches sub players who have synced up well by now, out
                        A good coach wouldn't need to be reshuffling a thing in these circumstances in the first place.

We already knew from before that Jahanbakhsh is useless as a left midfielder/winger.
                        We already knew from before that Noorafkan is a defensive liability for the left back position.
                        We already knew from before that Amiri is needed in midfield.

Why repeat your errors? It's unacceptable to repeat them and continue the cycle.

The game would've been different if Jahanbakhsh started in his natural position and Amiri as a midfielder considering that it turned the game around once they did.

I have so much to get off my chest about this game. I will write a thorough analysis of this game later.

But you are correct about that he reshuffled the team and that it turned the game around and worked.
                        However, he did it out of incompetence not brilliance.
                        #BanNoorafkan

Comment

It was obvious from the start that Skocic was going after a tie game. He let the Koreans dictate the game which eventually led to the Son goal. After the equalizer the Koreans were in complete disarray, and instead of bringing fresh legs like Ghodus and Ghaedi to finish the job he did absolutely nothing and let the Koreans get back on their feet with some fresh legs of their own.

He got us results against average Asian teams but today got fully exposed against an Asian powerhouse. To think we could have had Renard but did not thanks to the corrupt and incompetent Taj and his gang.

We most likely will qualify to the WC but once there, there is virtually no chance we are advancing from group stage, something that we were on course of doing had they not gotten rid of CQ.

Just keep in mind that Japan, S Korea, Australia, KSA and even N Korea have all advanced from the group stage at the WC and we are just idling.

Comment

Originally posted by zereshk-ali View Post

we played well 10-15 min , plus what exactly did amiri do?our team is tired he dont make a sub then make 2 sub in 90 min?honeslty i think he dont know how to coach, we are 1-1 with 15 min to go why ghoddos dont come in we create and score the winner, then take off azmoun when taremi could have been subbed off
                            i think the team just want to play pp players . they are like a mini mafia , bagheri and hashemian only play pp player and use the coach as thier puppet

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor DOOM View Post

3- agree.
                              bro when we scored we should have made changes why still play 2 defensive midfield, nouroulahi is not good , amiri is not a 90 min player, nourafkhan should not even be invited to tm that is how garbage he is , even shoja is not good wehave better players than him and taremi need to pass the damn ball more

Comment

Originally posted by Iran_19 View Post
                                The issue is in WC. This team with Sko will not do anything in WC.

Sent from my MAR-LX3A using Tapatalk
                                with our shitty center backs and shoja being slow like a turtle we will be killed in wc honestly

Comment

Working...
                                X