Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't be in denial.

JB has been a failure at EPL so far.

Maybe next year if Brighton stay up and not trade him but that's his last chance.

Comment

Originally posted by beri486 View Post
      Don't be in denial.

JB has been a failure at EPL so far.

Maybe next year if Brighton stay up and not trade him but that's his last chance.
      Not at all.
      They're just now giving Locadia a chance, even though he's been there longer than JB.
      They're a long term type of club.

Regardless, the type of football they play will never be good for JB.

Comment

Originally posted by The View Post
        I've basically watched 90% of Brighton games this season (if those without Alireza), and can more or less say they "my team" in the EPL. I try to be realistic, knowing they are small club whose goal from even before the start of the season was to avoid relegation, and I'm really hard not to be reactionary... but god damn Chris Hughton makes it nearly impossible to defend his coaching. I understand that to Brighton fans he's got god status, but come on...
        Questionable player selection aside, his style of coaching makes C.Q look like Jurgen Klopp. There's way too much space between the midfield and the striker, there's no pressing what so ever and he plays his best player out of position. It's like watching North Korea in the 2010 world cup.
        Football business is ruthless and they're a classic newly promoted team that refuses to take risks. We've seen teams like them before where the board are happy with what they have and they end up getting relegated after a 2-3 seasons after a few mediocre/struggling seasons.

You can argue about loyalty in football but meh, it's overrated. Look at the likes of Southampton, LCFC, Watford FC who sack managers right left and centre or refuse to go for boring football. People get mad for a week or so and then talk about how much of a genious decision it was to sack xyz......
        Last edited by Mr Pouya; 04-01-2019, 09:17 AM.

Comment

Currently watching in form Arsenal 1-0 (should be 2-0) HT trying to break down a Newcastle defence with just 2 shots so far at home. It is not easy if a team like Southampton play deep and defend well.
          PS: No point in pushing two wingers forward as a team can only play on one wing at a time.

Passing is the key when breaking down stubborn defences.

Leicester, Burnley, Watford, Newcastle all play deep defence at the Amex and even Arsenal took off an attacker and held on to a 1-1 draw.

Comment

Originally posted by The Farbod View Post
            Brighton's game plan is disgusting. It's the worst brand of football I've ever seen. It's not like they are having much success with it.
            well, for a small market club on a tight budget, i think they've done quiet well avoiding the drop last year and so far this season with a an overall realistic, defensive approach in order to sustain the highly lucrative Premiership status then build a more formidable team gradually year upon year..!! afterall they are currently in the Cup semi-final too..!!
            thats just about as much success as it coulda been reasonably expected from them before the season kicked off..!!

i think we are getting way too critical of Club and its coach, just because ARJ has failed to live up to the unrealistic expectations that some BHA fans and many of us here had of him because of his somewhat of a fluke explosive end to his last season in a much weaker league..!!

imo, he has actually done reasonably OK so far, considering the hand he has been dealt since his move to BHA..!

Comment

Originally posted by Perseus View Post
              Currently watching in form Arsenal 1-0 (should be 2-0) HT trying to break down a Newcastle defence with just 2 shots so far at home. It is not easy if a team like Southampton play deep and defend well.
              PS: No point in pushing two wingers forward as a team can only play on one wing at a time.

Passing is the key when breaking down stubborn defences.

Leicester, Burnley, Watford, Newcastle all play deep defence at the Amex and even Arsenal took off an attacker and held on to a 1-1 draw.
              If you notice a big part of their strategy is that Newcastle's midfield core is based on breaking up play and not building it up. Every time Newcastle gains possession of the ball they are looking to send long balls which make more sense for Rondon than they do for Murray.

Comment

Arsenal still leading goals 1-0 , shots 4-1 , shots on target 2-1. Ozil, make that 5 shots, 3 on target, with a tame effort at 72 minutes.

Brighton still have to play Newcastle at home and that will be a struggle.

Comment

Arsenal still leading goals 1-0 , shots 4-1 , shots on target 2-1. Ozil, make that 5 shots, 3 on target, with a tame effort at 72 minutes.

Brighton still have to play Newcastle at home and that will be a struggle.
                  If Brighton beat Cardiff and manage to get 2-3 points elsewhere they will have enough to avoid relegation I believe. Cardiff has a terrible end of season schedule.. playing both Manchester Clubs and Liverpool. Their remaining games include games against Crystal Palace and Burnley who are on the overall better than them as well.

Comment

The way they lost against Chelsea would have really damaged Cardiff confidence, I don’t see them making up that gap at all and they will go down.

Comment

Chelsea vs Brighton & Hove Albion

Premier League
                      Weds 3 April 2019
                      19:45 BST

Stamford Bridge

Chelsea are undefeated in 17 of their last 18 home matches (Premier League).
                      https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/12...elsea-Brighton

Comment

Well they pissed away 3 precious points in their last run out ..! Let’s hope with a bit of luck they can at least get a point from this one to help ease the relegation nerves on the squad moving forward ..!
                        Their typical sit back n absorb & counter tactics should pan out much more effective in this match ..!
                        Fairly sure ARJ would start again down the LW, unless they consider this game a wash & looking more st the semi’s clash in FA cup ..!?

Comment

I hope Brighton plays 4-4-2 from start... But that might be a problem since Andone might be injured, and I've heard rumours that Locadia is injured too now.
                          Edit:
                          And appearantly Ajax wants Pröpper for 21m euro next transfer window.
                          https://www.tribalfootball.com/artic...4969#popup-sso
                          In my opinion, yes sell him and overhaul the midfield a bit.

Comment

I've read Bong and Bruno set to start in the back while March in for Knocky and Andone in for Murray.

Comment

Premier League
                              Weds 3 April 2019
                              19:45 BST

Stamford Bridge

Chelsea are undefeated in 17 of their last 18 home matches (Premier League).
                              https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/12...elsea-Brighton

Pascal Gross has been ruled out of tomorrow night's trip to Chelsea and Saturday's FA Cup semi-final against Manchester City by a hamstring injury which has sidelined him since the defeat at Leicester at the end of February.

https://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/175...ss/?ref=twtrec

Brighton have lost their last nine matches against Chelsea.

https://www.11v11.com/teams/chelsea/...Hove%20Albion/

i went to the 1-1 draw before that.

Comment

Originally posted by perspolis#1 View Post
                                If Brighton beat Cardiff and manage to get 2-3 points elsewhere they will have enough to avoid relegation I believe. Cardiff has a terrible end of season schedule.. playing both Manchester Clubs and Liverpool. Their remaining games include games against Crystal Palace and Burnley who are on the overall better than them as well.
                                https://www.worldfootball.net/table_...remier-league/

Cardiff City need to win against both Brighton and Burnley to have a good chance of avoiding the drop. It was been done before. 4 points and Cardiff still have a sporting chance.

Otherwise, 38 points should be enough?

Comment

Working...
                                X