No announcement yet.

Alireza Jahanbakhsh @ Brighton & Hove Albion | 2018-2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I want to say if Brighton are trailing against Liverpool in the 2nd half than Jahanbakhsh gets at least 10/15 min.. hopefully more

Comment

Gomez and Alexander-Arnold are both very talented but haven't yet learnt to deal with diagonal balls from a distance and from height.

JB could decimate them, really hope he gets some good time to show his stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by persian_pooya View Post
        I want to say if Brighton are trailing against Liverpool in the 2nd half than Jahanbakhsh gets at least 10/15 min.. hopefully more
        Needs more. 65 minutes gives him 25 minutes plus injury time, but this only means about 12 opportunities with the ball at his feet. I hope Brighton do not get an early injury, so substitutions are possible.

I think Brighton need more pace upfront to discourage advancing full backs, and give the opportunity for the long diagonal ball into the space left by an advancing full back. This tactic works better as the game goes into the final third. Or it does against run of the mill sides.

Man United seemed to have gained the limelight all week.

Comment

Originally posted by Perseus View Post
          Needs more. 65 minutes gives him 25 minutes plus injury time, but this only means about 12 opportunities with the ball at his feet. I hope Brighton do not get an early injury, so substitutions are possible.

I think Brighton need more pace upfront to discourage advancing full backs, and give the opportunity for the long diagonal ball into the space left by an advancing full back. This tactic works better as the game goes into the final third. Or it does against run of the mill sides.

Man United seemed to have gained the limelight all week.
          Yes I'd like for him to come on in the 65th min but since he remained on the bench against United I'm less hopeful. Maybe he didn't come on in that game because Brighton were ahead. So I guess it varies on the result, but I'd rather see Brighton get a good result even if it means Jahanbakhsh get less playing time Sunday.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by persian_pooya View Post
            Yes I'd like for him to come on in the 65th min but since he remained on the bench against United I'm less hopeful. Maybe he didn't come on in that game because Brighton were ahead. So I guess it varies on the result, but I'd rather see Brighton get a good result even if it means Jahanbakhsh get less playing time Sunday.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
            Taking a player off against Man United could only have done harm because of their reputation and because another injury could have lost 2 points from a straightforward win. Man United might even have got another shot on goal. They already had one. It was the injury to Dunk that hampered any substitution as well.

I don't think Brighton certain players are fit enough can play the whole of a game against Liverpool. Notably, the ageing Glenn Murray playing the lone furrow up front. Pascal Groß could be subbed as well if there are no injuries. Pascal Groß covers a lot of ground in a game, and maybe he will tire?

Comment

MU match was for the lack of a better word an anomaly. Dunk's injury that required substitution only 20 minutes into the match changed Hughton's whole subbing scheme and then leading 3-1 for almost all of second half plus the two wingers playing well didn't make it a necessity for ARJ to be subbed in. Tomorrow's match against Liverpool could be a totally different animal. I am hopeful that ARJ will get over 20 minutes.

Comment

TV in Britain: http://sport.bt.com/football/liverpo...11364290289783

Comment

Originally posted by Perseus View Post
                  Taking a player off against Man United could only have done harm because of their reputation and because another injury could have lost 2 points from a straightforward win. Man United might even have got another shot on goal. They already had one. It was the injury to Dunk that hampered any substitution as well.

I don't think Brighton certain players are fit enough can play the whole of a game against Liverpool. Notably, the ageing Glenn Murray playing the lone furrow up front. Pascal Groß could be subbed as well if there are no injuries. Pascal Groß covers a lot of ground in a game, and maybe he will tire?
                  Yes good points. I think the results and tiring of players will determine the subs and how much jahanbakhsh may play

Comment

Looking forward to watching Brighton vs Liverpool today. I won’t be disappointed if we don’t see Ali again this week. I understand that the EPL is a different style of game and it takes time for any football player to adapt. I wish Alireza and Brighton success! Be omide bord (in hopes of a win!)!

Comment

Probably for the best ARJ sits this one out against my boys. He won't have ever faced an opposition side of this quality before. As it is, he'll probably be thrown on for the experience once Brighton are about 5 goals down in the 60th minute.

Comment

Originally posted by diz View Post
                        Liverpool vs Brighton on NBC Saturday 9:30am PST (USA)
                        All Sportsnet channels will show the match live in Canada.

Sent from my Google device using Tapatalk
                        Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

Originally posted by Taz View Post
                          Probably for the best ARJ sits this one out against my boys. He won't have ever faced an opposition side of this quality before. As it is, he'll probably be thrown on for the experience once Brighton are about 5 goals down in the 60th minute.
                          He's played vs Spain/Portugal. Can't get much higher than that.

Since his job is tracking back(which no one teaches better than CQ) and attacking, he would be fine. Liverpools wingbacks are not exactly in the Top5 like Jordi Alba

Comment

Must be an awkward match for PFDC Liverpool fans

Comment

Originally posted by Leicester City View Post
                              Not really , I want Brighton to get stuffed. If ARJ comes on and gets a goal then fair play and that will be the topping on the cake. Plenty of other games for him to make an impression.

Comment

Originally posted by Leicester City View Post
                                Why? I want us to win 20-0, as I do against any other team ... especially now that City have dropped points.

Comment

Working...
                                X