This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jahandoost View Post
    No what Gucci said is not what I am talking about, its how Montazeri replied "دو روز است آمده", quite condescending and not good for the younger lads.
    Bro srsly, you need to get rid of this black and white thinking (experienced/younger).
    When i was young i witnessed far worse incidents in my job and it was a massive lesson.

It is taken out of the context aswell.
    Players were unhappy with their own performance and Montazeri spoke out loud. Gucci jumped in and received an uncomfortable answer. Very good in my books. No drama. It's part of the game and this only shows that we are lacking a proper leader On and Off the pitch. Problems can only be solved if pointed out. By ignoring problems for the sake of "good atmosphere" we will reach nothing.
    IRI's politics is no different than handling a pressure cooker ..... As the pressure builds up, you slowly let the steam out just a tad bit so that you don't see overflow, and once the pressure from below is less, you put the lid down again and raise the temperature.

Comment

Originally posted by O-ZoNe View Post
      Not so easy if you read the entire post. See below. Even the post you quoted says "if" and the team still has a chance should we change our current approach...no where near imploding. Most people would agree that IF we lose to Guam, and then things are getting really ugly.
      I see. I see So when in response to 2 guys arguing in a way that happens quite often in a locker room after a frustrating loss, you say 'CQ is going to take this team in a dark place if the current trend continues, and I fear he may not be able to answer for where we are heading. Something needs to change and fast!'

Comment

Jeez, it has become really tough to make a simple comment on PFDC about anything, without the usual suspect connecting it to his favorite topic and field of expertise, youngsters in the 14-16 year old age group.

Originally posted by xerexes View Post
        ...youngsters....
        ...like a 14 year old...
        ...16-year-olds...
        On a more serious note...

As they say one swallow don't make it summer and one incident doesn't mean it's all over for TM. But at the other end of the scale, this incident is hardly reason for additional optimism. It's one thing to be indifferent about it and dismiss it an an isolated incident and a whole different thing to be happy or optimistic about it.

We could very well have said that the Daei/Karimi locker room spat in WC2006 was normal, this shit happens all the time in football and we should have actually been happy about it and embraced more of these incidents.

Unfortunately, things didn't turn out that way in that particular incident, nor do they turn out like that in the majority of cases in Iranian football where people have these types of disagreements and spats . Iranians generally hold grudges and in most cases these disagreements carry on forever (figuratively speaking).

Only time will tell whether this was an isolated incident or a sign of bigger issues i TM, but what's certain is that it needs to be dealt with and not become a common occurrence.

It's not Montazeri's job to question or criticize the performance of the team or his team mates. We have a captain, we have a coach and we have an entire cadre of people who have that responsibility.

Nor does the fact that he has been capped more than player x or y or has been in the camp for a few days more than other players (I'm assuming this is what he was talking about, since Gucci has just 3 less caps than him), make his take on the situation any more important or allow him to take matters into his own hands IMHO.

Comment

Originally posted by Ali.Karimi79 View Post
          Bro srsly, you need to get rid of this black and white thinking (experienced/younger).
          When i was young i witnessed far worse incidents in my job and it was a massive lesson.

It is taken out of the context aswell.
          Players were unhappy with their own performance and Montazeri spoke out loud. Gucci jumped in and received an uncomfortable answer. Very good in my books. No drama. It's part of the game and this only shows that we are lacking a proper leader On and Off the pitch. Problems can only be solved if pointed out. By ignoring problems for the sake of "good atmosphere" we will reach nothing.
          Is it really "black and white" thinking to say that such petty spats are bad for the younger lads?

I think being in an environment where your fellow colleagues are throwing insults is never a good lesson. Don't get me wrong, I'm all in for a discussions between players whether loud or not after the game as it shows passion, but the important point is the way that discussions are conducted, the players need to learn to conduct themselves when discussing.

Comment

TM-News-

According to cup.ir

Iran vs. Iraq / prior to the WCQ in August / venue: Tehran

http://cup.ir/sport/iranianfootball/...;د/56312
            Last edited by 04041374; 06-22-2015, 02:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 04041374 View Post
              According to cup.ir

Iran vs. Iraq / prior to the WCQ in August / venue: Tehran
              No thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by PersianLegion
                Why not? Let us finish them.
                In a friendly? No point in that. I prefer knocking them out of the WCQ

Comment

Originally posted by Bi-honar View Post
                  Jeez, it has become really tough to make a simple comment on PFDC about anything, without the usual suspect connecting it to his favorite topic and field of expertise, youngsters in the 14-16 year old age group.
                  On a more serious note...
                  As they say one swallow don't make it summer and one incident doesn't mean it's all over for TM. But at the other end of the scale, this incident is hardly reason for additional optimism. It's one thing to be indifferent about it and dismiss it an an isolated incident and a whole different thing to be happy or optimistic about it.
                  We could very well have said that the Daei/Karimi locker room spat in WC2006 was normal, this shit happens all the time in football and we should have actually been happy about it and embraced more of these incidents.
                  First, the youngster part doesn't even apply to you and would be giving you credit you don't deserve. The ones in their teens and early 20s are likely to at least grow into their own in a few years. It's the ones twice that age who react with kneejerk emotionalism before and after every match that have something to worry about. The same ones who have been desperately grasping at every straw to look 'right' ever since the post about cynical fans hit a little too close to home

The very fact that you're trying to liken this argument to the Daei/Karimi fiasco and can't understand how common in football this is, shows you're being melodramatic as usual and have the same superficial understanding of this as you do of most other topics. By the time Karimi and Daei had their blowup at WC 2006, they had been at each other's throats for years with the camp essentially divided into cliques between them, something that would never be allowed to happen under someone like CQ. The bad blood started four years prior with Karimi giving an interview in which he openly and publicly called Daei talentless and attributed his success to sheer luck. It wasn't anything like a perfectly common verbal argument between two frustrated players right after a match in the locker room. But hey, maybe it all makes sense from a crustacean perspective.

Comment

...a crustacean perspective.
                    ...a placental perspective.
                    ...a marsupial perspective...or was it mammalian... or something.
                    Now let's bring on the plant kingdom, shall we?
                    Proud 2b part of #TrotsRabbleDogs as a working class dog, Oz Corbynite & jaded republican.

"I'll always walk around like a Persian popinjay, and no one's gonna stop me, honey!"―Freddie Mercury.

Comment

hands IMHO.

So what are you trying to say? ... that he's .... umm ... ''interested in '' (and an ''expert at) boys of 14-16 year age group???

Comment

...it all makes sense from a crustacean perspective.
                        I'm sure it does! And it's very noble of you to share the views of our silent, ganglion for brains friends about Team Melli.

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor DOOM View Post
                          So what are you trying to say? ... that he's .... umm ... ''interested'' (and an ''expert at) in boys of 14-16 year age group???
                          Just making an observation mate that almost every response includes some sort of reference to the said group. I'll leave the medical assessment of the situation for the good Doktor!

Comment

Originally posted by persianpopinjay View Post
                            Now let's bring on the plant kingdom, shall we?
                            Indeed we should. When that joker who's old enough to be your dad but had even less common sense than you is writing essays about team melli from "a mammalian perspective" (oh the wonders of weed), it's only a matter of time before we get to read hallucinations from a botanical point of view.

So what are you trying to say? ... that he's .... umm ... ''interested in '' (and an ''expert at) boys of 14-16 year age group???
                            The one with the creepy interest in youngsters is the middle-aged guy who calls the 19-year-olds his "bros" and wants to hang out with them outside here so he can pretend they go to college together You know, just normal behavior for a dude in his 40s...

But I do love how every time one of you armchair analyst, plastic fans gets cornered, the other 2-3 panic and jump in for damage control No need to worry though fellas. You have all summer before the next TM match to treat us to football wisdom from the perspective of guys who understand football the way my grandmother understands death metal Make sure to enlighten us in every page of every thread as usual so we can finally understand that ALL team melli players are wrong about their coach and YOU have been right all along based on your extensive experience of watching football twice a year and then writing about it on message boards.

Comment

Just making an observation mate that almost every response includes some sort of reference to the said group
                              Like clockwork...

... creepy interest in youngsters
                              I guess you have your answer there good Doctor. Who else would view a friendly respectful exchange with adults without basing that exchange, or the intelligence of their counterpart on their age, as a "creepy interest in youngsters", except someone who harbors creepy interests in youngsters?!

Comment

Originally posted by PersianLegion
                                Unhealthy conversation here. Please take your personal problems somewhere else. We do not need to read pages over pages of argument over who is right and then personal attacks.
                                It's not about being right or wrong PL jaan. This is a discussion forum about Iranian football and people are here to express and discuss their views. Those views aren't always aligned and frankly don't need to be. That's what discussion forums are for.

Different fans have different perspectives and reactions or feel differently about things and events surrounding TM. Everyone is entitled to their opinions and even more so, entitled to feel how they feel as TM fans about certain things.

Some people have the maturity to understand that and discuss things in a civilized manner. This guy has a rude and condescending tone in every single response to everyone who does not agree with him 100% on any given topic. As if what he thinks and feels is right and everyone who doesn't think or feel that way is not only wrong, but a immature, an idiot a playstation expert, etc.

This has been going on for quite some time and it has become quite tiring. There's only so much leeway you can give individuals who have not received the proper training and discipline growing up to the point of throwing a hissy fit every time things don't go their way.

Comment

Working...
                                X