This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MR.ESTESNAII View Post
    How is this a good friendly?!!! Ranked 43 in the world with a poor defense ! We should be playing European teams not this junk
    Lol ECUADOR IS VERY STRONG TEAM IN SOUTH AMERICA
    MAYBE SAME LEVEL TO SWEDEN

Comment

How is this a good friendly?!!! Ranked 43 in the world with a poor defense ! We should be playing European teams not this junk
      Ecuador is far better than their rank. They gave Brazil a run for their money! Tied them twice in the past 2 years.

Comment

Originally posted by BacheLot View Post
        i guess most all the european teams schedule is pretty full due to this BS Nations League tournament..!!

what about Croatia..? Eskoocher has no hook-ups with his homies..?
        I think your first sentence answers your question!!!!

Comment

They qualified third in South America. Don’t be fooled by rankings. South America’s qualification is the toughest of all. Even their worst team is competitive.

Comment

Ecuador is as physical as it gets. They are big and heavy. Not tall...more like rugby players. Not a strong tactical team but they can play and play dirty too.

Have to watch out for injuries playing against them.

Nothing like the teams we will face at WC, at least in the first round, :-)

Comment

Ecuador is easily stronger than any team we played leading up to WC 2018. Add Canada to the mix and this could be one of our best set of friendlies leading up to a WC.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk
              Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

Originally posted by BacheLot View Post
                i guess most all the european teams schedule is pretty full due to this BS Nations League tournament..!!

what about Croatia..? Eskoocher has no hook-ups with his homies..?
                I really can't stress how much I hate this Nations League garbage.

Just look at the games Wales gets to play as preparation simply because they're in UEFA. Meanwhile we have to beg and have every game of ours be hounded by dirty political press.

Comment

Because Ecuador are a team from CONMEBOL that have qualified to the World Cup, that's why it's a good friendly. I suggest you look at the quality of opposition they've faced in their WCQ tournament in CONMEBOL (arguably the hardest place in the world to qualify to a World Cup from) instead of saying baseless things such as they are ranked #43 or they have a poor defense. If they have a poor defense or whatnot, then how are they automatically in the World Cup over the likes of Peru, Colombia, Chile, Paraguay, Bolivia, and Venezuela?

Comment

Great friendly.

Now we have Canada, Ecuador, anything else planned ?

Comment

Very happy with this friendly. Our hopes for qualifying to the 2nd round went up somewhat with this and the Canada game.

Also don’t forget there might be a chance we face this Ecuador in the round of 16.

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
                        I really can't stress how much I hate this Nations League garbage.

Just look at the games Wales gets to play as preparation simply because they're in UEFA. Meanwhile we have to beg and have every game of ours be hounded by dirty political press.
                        I congratulate UEFA. The creation of the NL was the best decision ever for European teams and they will dominate in Qatar. People get excited about playing Canada and Ecuador lol. Given the situation we are in it's a pretty good prepartion but don't fool yourself. All UEFA teams in Qatar and a decent batch of other 2nd tier sides in UEFA are stronger than Canada and Ecuador.

Comment

Originally posted by Leicester City View Post
                          Because Ecuador are a team from CONMEBOL that have qualified to the World Cup, that's why it's a good friendly. I suggest you look at the quality of opposition they've faced in their WCQ tournament in CONMEBOL (arguably the hardest place in the world to qualify to a World Cup from) instead of saying baseless things such as they are ranked #43 or they have a poor defense. If they have a poor defense or whatnot, then how are they automatically in the World Cup over the likes of Peru, Colombia, Chile, Paraguay, Bolivia, and Venezuela?
                          Defense is actually the strenght of Ecuador. Coupled with being a high energetic and speedy team. They are also good on set pieces. In terms of individual talent though they are average.

Comment

We are still waiting for final signing of the contract that is supposed to happen today so that the Ecuador friendly is official. IFF web site has not published a confirmation yet. I actually appreciate the fact that IFF has not made it official until they have a signed contract.

Estili went to Kish Island today to look at the five hybrid pitches they are building to be ready in September. This is a very positive development since hybrid pitch is 85% natural grass with a greener look and more durable. Wembley stadium in London has a hybrid pitch. This could facilitate a camp and a friendly in Kish in September and possibly other teams staying in Kish. We shall see.

Go TM!

Comment

🚨 IRAN POSSIBLE RIVAL OF ECUADOR IN CANADA! 🇪🇨🇮🇷

@GabyAlcivar7: The Iranian team would be the replacement for Mali, it would be played on the same day, June 11, but in Toronto.

#FdeFutbolxECDF 📲 http://bit.ly/3wpgcRM

Comment

I read somewhere else the Ecuador game will be played in Vancouver.

Comment

Working...
                                X