Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great summary

Some other notes on players choice:

He was asked why some players like rahmati and aghili got left out after one incident and never invited but in case of Azmoun is was different?

CQ basically said that those were completely different matters and that he is 100% behind diversity in TM, its for all of the people in Iran, not just people from specific region. In Case of azmoun he meant that some people want to hurt him and this is not OK and a matter that is taken up with IFF to solve.

Adel also asked why ghoddos didn't have a bigger part in WC?

CQ answer was a bit short and not clear as it was towards the end, he said something like if our tactic/play suited Saman then for sure he would play.

Comment

Originally posted by persiangodfather View Post
      With all these things against us you want us to go all out and play attacking football?
      Exactly. All these things alone can cost us victory. Add not scoring goals and defense first just makes it more likely we do not surmount these challenges.

Attacking football doesn't mean giving up defensive responsibility but this is Asia...teams ranked below 1-4 tend to beat us with antifootball tactics...those tactics can be overcome with 2-3 goals.

Sent from my Google device using Tapatalk
      Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

cn somebody link full episode?

Comment

Link to the CQ interview

http://footballitarin.com/video_page.php?id=56186

Comment

wtf is up with adel. Hes a good guy but he keeps getting more and more unprofessional. In what other country does the manager have to explicitly, in a detailed manner, on live television, explain EVERY SINGLE fucking call up, why they played/didnt play x many minutes, what time frame did they enter the coaching staff's minds, when their name became clear in analytics metrics, etc, etc, etc. Its ridiculous. So surprised CQ even bothered to answer those questions.

I have no issue with asking legit questions in a general, respectful way that doesnt undermine the head coaches authority. For example, "In what specific areas must TM improve to win Asian Cup", " what makes it so challenging for TM to dominate games in terms of possession (games including other asian teams), is this a specific choice based on personnel we have to play more counter attacking, or do the players on the pitch have a difficult time building from back and maintaining possession for long periods?", "How closely do you monitor iran's youth teams, we saw success of u17 recently, and relative success of u20, can you give your input on these teams and iranian youth football situation?", "How many of these talents do you think have a real shot of making it to senior TM?".

I mean wow, so many great questions to ask to this guy on such a long interview and adel chooses these random, ultra specific ones that CQ will obviously just side step.

Comment

Adel is a wanker who got a great job but cant really do a great job in this great role!! he's slightly mediocre in this role! For one his questions are stupid, he doesn't look at the interviewee when they are responding to his questions , hes always distracted. His clothing although better, is still outdated. But in his defence his shows get better every year...

But ONE thing he has done right and that is his love for Iranian football and how much he has shed light on the problems and mismanagement, something no one has ever done in other areas of our sports or ministries . Hes an amazing critic. He has exposed so much corruption and BS that it has compelled IFF , clubs and sports ministries to improve the level of our football. This is huge in a closed nation like Iran...

Comment

Originally posted by eerooni View Post
                Adel is a wanker who got a great job but cant really do a great job in this great role!! he's slightly mediocre in this role! For one his questions are stupid, he doesn't look at the interviewee when they are responding to his questions , hes always distracted. His clothing although better, is still outdated. But in his defence his shows get better every year...
                But ONE thing he has done right and that is his love for Iranian football and how much he has shed light on the problems and mismanagement, something no one has ever done in other areas of our sports or ministries . Hes an amazing critic. He has exposed so much corruption and BS that it has compelled IFF , clubs and sports ministries to improve the level of our football. This is huge in a closed nation like Iran...
                Exactly. Don't like his interview style but what he's done in the big picture - cannot be understated.

Same with Khiabani - he does tons of sootis in his commentary but his love for Iran (i.e. helping with earthquakes in Kurdistan, Iran etc.) cannot be undervalued.

They are patriots and have stayed relevant in a closed and repressed nation like IR. They get around things with their critiques and Navad is a well-produced show.
                Last edited by Tehranto; 09-04-2018, 12:11 PM.

Comment

Did CQ give any reason why he thought Ezza's goal vs Spain wasnt offside, Ive watched it 100 times and it looks like he was offside only because of the flick on by azmoun
                  WE ARE THE UNDER DOGS

Comment

Originally posted by persiangodfather View Post
                    Did CQ give any reason why he thought Ezza's goal vs Spain wasnt offside, Ive watched it 100 times and it looks like he was offside only because of the flick on by azmoun
                    yeah. He says the official match report and officials on the pitch did not say it was called for offsides, they said it was a handball, which CQ believes didnt occur.

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
                      wtf is up with adel. Hes a good guy but he keeps getting more and more unprofessional. In what other country does the manager have to explicitly, in a detailed manner, on live television, explain EVERY SINGLE fucking call up, why they played/didnt play x many minutes, what time frame did they enter the coaching staff's minds, when their name became clear in analytics metrics, etc, etc, etc. Its ridiculous. So surprised CQ even bothered to answer those questions.

I have no issue with asking legit questions in a general, respectful way that doesnt undermine the head coaches authority. For example, "In what specific areas must TM improve to win Asian Cup", " what makes it so challenging for TM to dominate games in terms of possession (games including other asian teams), is this a specific choice based on personnel we have to play more counter attacking, or do the players on the pitch have a difficult time building from back and maintaining possession for long periods?", "How closely do you monitor iran's youth teams, we saw success of u17 recently, and relative success of u20, can you give your input on these teams and iranian youth football situation?", "How many of these talents do you think have a real shot of making it to senior TM?".

I mean wow, so many great questions to ask to this guy on such a long interview and adel chooses these random, ultra specific ones that CQ will obviously just side step.
                      Came in to say this. I normally enjoy his interviews and he asks good questions but 60% of this interview was about player selections.

Pissed off as I wasted 70-80 minutes waste my time watching this interview.

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
                        yeah. He says the official match report and officials on the pitch did not say it was called for offsides, they said it was a handball, which CQ believes didnt occur.
                        And Adel correctly pointed out that even with VAR overturning the handball it would have correctly identified the offside. CQ did not agree.

Sent from my Google device using Tapatalk
                        Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

I love Adel and have been watching all his shows every week for the past 15 years. He is a passionate and patriotic TV show host and commentator who brilliantly exposes many IR culprits who try to lobby and bribe people to achieve their agendas.

Having said that one big flaw he bears is his showmanship and professional mannerism. The way he handles the interviews he with his guests is often utterly unprofessional and at times extremely rude. His body language, erratic hand and body moves, looking away while interviewees speak, constantly interrupting them before they finish their sentences, while trying to make points, swinging his chair while talking, playing with his pen, and many other fundamentals of etiquette he lacks...

Add to all of the above, his constant picking on players hair each and every time he has guests on his show, or while commentating football. The dude has an infatuation with picking on players' hair and hairstyle. Hell he even made fun of 2 players on a live interview for wearing a toupee, one was Gholizadeh and the other I cannot remember his name from a few years back. He tasteless humor on people's looks is absolutely bizarre, rude and annoying. He needs to stop doing that.

Also his lame fashion of throwing sarcasm (Matalak) is freaking aggravating to watch. He throws sarcasm and then laughs in such humiliating manner, trying to ridicule the interviewee in a smartass way.

Nonetheless I still love him and his show. 90 is the only Iranian show I have been watching ever since we left Iran 27 years ago.

My honest 2 cents on his show...

Comment

Jalal Hosseini was the guest last night.
                            Poor guy was near tears when discussing his omission from TM.

Comment

Jalal is a true professional. He talked about his disappointment and all his sacrifice and how hard it was for him. He apologized to his wife for all the time he missed being with his family while preparing for the World Cup and how he continues to do that in his service to Perspolis. He is so professional that even while he was working hard not to show emotion he did not say a single word against CQ or any of the TM staff. That is character for you. I hope he is called up again for AC. Even though It's very unlikely, I think he deserves it.

Comment

So no 90 show today?

Comment

Working...
                                X