X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Iran vs Syria Post Match Ratings

I'm taking place of Iranianarsenal11 today

Please post your ratings!

Abedzadeh: 6.5, Looked confident. Only one small mistake when he came outside the box for clearance.

Amiri: 8.5 (MOTM), Another incredible game. Key passes, steals, non-stop running.

Shoja: 4.5, A lot of sooties today unfortunately.

Kanaani: 6.5, Average game. Better than his partner.

Moharrami: 7, Great on the attack specially the 2nd half. Had his usual moment of lost concentration near the end though and stopped chasing the ball.

Noorafkan: 6, Quite invisible in the 2nd half. Did his defensive job.

Ezatolahi: 7, The usual Saeid. Good interceptions. Good long passes.

Nourollahi: 6.5, For the first time, he will get credit from me today. solid game.

Hajsafi: 4.5, Poor first half. Good penalty.

Gholizadeh: 6, He was invisible in the first half, but stepped up in the 2nd. Great goal.

Azmoun: 7, Great goal. But missed a couple of great chances too.

SUBS:

Sarlak: 6 He was ok I guess. I think there are better players who deserve to play before him.

Comment

Amiri - MOM - he was our play maker today, the link between our defenders and Azmoun. He won the one on one battles, beautiful passes, and even the few times that he lost the ball he actually fought and got the ball back. All over the field. Wish we clone 10 players like him.

Nourollahi - really impressed with his shots on goal. He's developing into an outside threat with his shots, something we've been lacking for a number of years

Azmoun - had a few missed opportunities, but I think that's mostly because of the lousy pitch, but delivered when it mattered.

Abedzadeh - the only time he was really tested was when the shot hit the crossbar, and that's my worry about him. He is relatively short compared to most of the top goalkeepers today. Beiro would have deflected that shot given his reach.

Ezzatollahi - once again solid in the back, controlled the aerial game, won the one on one battles especially with the annoying number 10 of Syria. I think he will shine in the World Cup.

Hajsafi - once again nothing spectacular about him, the turnovers either on passes or on shots that would just be deflected is why he was subbed out.

Golizadeh - I think it's been said many many times on this forum, he is not an 90 min player, and certainly not a starter. He is pretty impressive when he subbed in and face is a tired team. He scored in the 88 minute, so maybe Skocic should have brought him in the 70th min :-)

Moharrami - solid play. both defensively and his support on the offensive run up the sideline.
      “It is easier to fool the people, than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain

Comment

Abedzadeh - 7. Very solid, deserves to keep his spot moving forward. I advocated for beiro for a long time and he really isnt playing that bad, for club or country, but its hard to deny this guy based on merit. He has fixed a lot in his game and looks more assured at this moment in time. We will see if beiro regains total confidence in next year, ofc when both are in top form beiro is the clear winner for starting spot.

Moharrami - 7. Bar that one play at the end he switched off he was very good. Helpful in attacking sequences with good dribbling, strong defensively.

Kanani - 7. Very strong in the air, passing wasnt great but had a couple other crucial blocks. Really coming into his own in TM shirt.

Shoja - 4. Passing was shocking, so many missed passes. On defensive side he lost his guys multiple times, al marwas hitting bar came from shoja getting turned. I think Majid definitely deserves mins in upcoming games to partner kanani. Ultimately our strongest pairing is PAG and Kanani is PAG makes it back in time for WC.

Nourafkan - 5.5. He is good in possession, but leaves a lot to be desired in 1v1 defending. I know he is maybe young and still learning, early TM games for him but I dont think as of now he is better than milad, or even somebody like naderi who is playing great in turkey.

Ezatolahi - 8. MOTM. Great game by him. Our only midfielder who possesses a higher caliber football IQ. Strong, great defensive positioning, smart in possession, and moving around much more freely today.

Hajsafi - 5.5. Nice pk, few nice runs, but in generally lot of very telegraphed, very crappy passes and turnovers. The usual from a player who doesnt start for crappy greek side, and hasnt started a pro game as a midfielder for many many years.
        Dont know what we gained from playing him instead of saman.

Amiri - 8. Another strong display. One assist and got pk with cross that hit guys hand. In general kept possession well and was often our outlet when playing out of the back (the times shoja or hajsafi didnt send it to syrians directly). tied for motm with saeid. He is adding more and more to his game.

Nourollahi - 7. Very solid, probably one of his finest TM games. His passing in first half was not that strong and had a few of his standard spasms on the ball and turnovers, but got better and better as game went on. Unlucky he didnt score in last half an hour.

Gholizadeh - 6. He doesnt suit these games, bad pitch, packed defense and no speed in our play. He is at his best when flying in transition and using his speed and dribbling ability. When there is no space he is super predictable, which makes him more suited to come on as a second half sub imo.The goal was great and for that he gets bumped a whole rating.

Azmoun - 7. Lovely goal but in second half I thought he really slowed down and was saving himself, plus a couple weak finishes. Still strong in his linkup play generally and despite being isolated in first half did what he had to do. He has a game for Zenit in 3 days so it makes sense, but would prefer him to get subbed a bit earlier.

Subs :

Sarlak - 5. Not sure idea behind him coming on. Dont really see the point of him in the squad either. Some bad giveaways, fews sideways passes, and nothing else to note.

Allahyar - 6 not really much time for him to get in the game but his physical presence was immediately obvious. Could just shove syrians off the ball with one hand. He needs more time to integrate fully with the team.

Ghayedi - N/A. Only on for 2 mins but it must be said that physically he was manhandled in those 2 mins. The guy needed to go to europe to learn how to deal with this sort of stuff and instead he became bench warmer in shabab al kooft.

Skocic (or whoever coaches team) - 6. Ultimately some people will jump for joy bc we beat 2/15 pts syria but its hard to tell much from such a game. His player selection was very conservative, but we didnt prevent them from carving out a decent amount of dangerous chances. No mins for ghoddos I thought was very unfair (especially when you afford so many mins to sarlak, hajsafi) and doesnt do anything to help build the team for WC. But another 6 points so he buys himself a bit more time to hopefully play with less stress in upcoming games. We did play markedly better than lebanon match at least, which often seems to be the case with our 2 game international breaks that dont have any friendlies.

Comment

sofa score stats and ratings

Player Goals Assists Tackles Acc. passes Duels (won) Ground duels (won) Aerial duels (won) Minutes played Position Rating
          Ahmad Nourollahi 0 0 1 46/58 (79%) 5 (4) 3 (2) 2 (2) 90' M 7.6
          Ali Gholizadeh 1 0 0 36/44 (82%) 4 (0) 4 (0) 0 (0) 89' M 7.5
          Amir Abedzadeh 0 0 0 15/22 (68%) 1 (1) 0 (0) 1 (1) 90' G 7.5
          Ehsan Hajisafi 1 0 1 32/37 (86%) 3 (3) 2 (2) 1 (1) 66' M 7.5
          Vahid Amiri 0 1 2 50/55 (91%) 14 (5) 12 (5) 2 (0) 90' M 7.4
          Hossein Kanaani 0 0 0 33/45 (73%) 5 (3) 0 (0) 5 (3) 90' D 7.3
          Saeid Ezatolahi 0 0 2 25/30 (83%) 6 (4) 5 (3) 1 (1) 81' M 7.2
          Shoja Khalilzadeh 0 0 0 28/44 (64%) 5 (2) 1 (0) 4 (2) 90' D 7.2
          Omid Noorafkan 0 0 1 34/39 (87%) 5 (3) 4 (2) 1 (1) 90' D 7.1
          Allahyar Sayyadmanesh 0 1 0 9/9 (100%) 5 (1) 4 (1) 1 (0) 9' F 7.0
          Sadegh Moharrami 0 0 2 29/37 (78%) 9 (6) 8 (5) 1 (1) 90' D 7.0
          Sardar Azmoun 1 0 1 14/21 (67%) 7 (2) 3 (1) 4 (1) 89' F 6.9
          Milad Sarlak 0 0 0 16/17 (94%) 0 (0) 0 (0) 0 (0) 24' M 6.6
          Karim Ansarifard 0 0 0 0/0 0 (0) 0 (0) 0 (0) 1' F -
          Mehdi Ghayedi 0 0 0 1/1 (100%) 2 (0) 2 (0) 0 (0) 1' M -

Comment

https://www.sofascore.com/iran-syria/GUbsqVb
            Supporting Team Melli

Comment

No comment besides WTF at moharrami. Same mistake that happened vs Lebanon, you’d think some people would learn…

Comment

^that was a very strange moment

better game than vs lebanon. we had some moments with half ish high press play but it was no good, and then same no press defence getting us in trouble.. dont get why we dont play press play with whole team..

ahh well we won guess thats most important! but still defence is worrying
                Supporting Team Melli

Comment

Originally posted by Leicester City View Post
                  I'm taking place of Iranianarsenal11 today

Please post your ratings!
                  Damet garm bro. Tough to find free time while at work but I'm back and let's all post our ratings!

Abedzadeh: 7.5, was great today. Distribution was phenomenal and much better than Beiranvand's distribution. Looked quite calm in goal and had some great exits. Prefer Abedzadeh over Beiranvand going forward but I wouldn't mind them sharing game time.

Moharrami: 7.5, was superb on defense and great going forward! Definitely has the RB position on lock, he is phenomenal. My only complaint with Moharrami is that he has to be very careful and not lose focus! Today he did the same thing as last game against Lebanon where he thought the ball was going out and it almost bit him in the a**! Had to subtract -.5 for that or else he would've gotten an 8 from me.

Shoja Khalilzadeh: 3, absolutely atrocious. Nowhere near team melli material. Would've gave him a 1 or 2 but his second half was a 4 rating so I give him a 3 overall. Seriously this guy should never get called up again for his awful play the last few games. Absolutely terrible... His club form is horrible too. Turnovers, bad passes, awful touches, poor clearances, bad positioning, and awful aerial ability... Majid Hosseini should start, and PAG needs to heal up ASAP

Kanaani: 8.5, Best player in the back line. Was tremendous in neutralizing Al-Soma and Al-Mawas. Also had to cover for Shoja's ass constantly. Provided some amazing through balls like one to Azmoun in the first half that could've been a chance. Aerially he was a ROCK. Won everything in the air on defense. Was just amazing! Need him and Majid in the back for now

Noorafkan: 6, played an OK game. Not as good as he was versus Iraq but overall solid. Can look vulnerable on defense at times...

Ezatolahi: 8.5, what a player this guy is! Amazing game from him! defensively he was DOMINANT. Broke up every single play in the midfield. Passing was great too! Hell even his pace was much better today! Just excellent!

Nourollahi: 8.5, His best team melli performance to date for me. Was superb controlling the tempo in the midfield with great plays, excellent defensive awareness and positioning, and outstanding shooting. No wonder Bagheri prefers him.. He was just outstanding today. Ran his ass off a la Amiri too! Well done!

Hajsafi: 7, Played a lot better than I expected! Sure, he had 1-2 bad passes but comparing that to Shoja's 10-11 bad passes 1-2 is not that bad. His vision was actually great today, I was impressed. Defensively he was a bit slow to react but still he wasn't bad. And what a great penalty goal by the captain!

Amiri: 9, MOTM. I can't say enough about how good this guy is... I mean wow this guy is something else vaghan... His engine is outstanding! Passing and vision tremendous! And he doesn't get too fancy or make any dumb turnovers in the final third like Gholizadeh. He's had 3 assists in two games. Just phenomenal.. Player of the year for Team Melli! This guy deserves a top Euro club no joke.

Azmoun: 7.5, great holdup play and a wonderful timed run and goal! He's still our best striker, but I wish he would've buried that sitter that Amiri fed him in the second half!

Gholizadeh: 6.5, would've been a 5.5 but his goal is an automatic +1 rating. What a finish! Besides the goal I found him quite weak on the wing.. He was turning the ball over left and right and couldn't get passed the Syrian defense. I prefer ARJ on the wings, especially against better teams, with Gholi off the bench for ARJ in the 60-70th minute.

SUBS:

Sarlak: N/A, invisible. Couldn't really judge but didn't do anything wrong.

Allahyar: 7, always great energy off the bench. Love this guy!

Ghayedi: N/A, got bodied by some Syrian LOL

Ansarifard: N/A

Coaching: 8, gotta give props to Marijo Tot and Dragan Skocic. They did an excellent job and got 3 solid points against Syria in a hostile environment and not a great pitch. Job well done!

Comment

Abedzadeh - 7: Was very impressed by him today. Despite not being the starting GK, he was in sync with the team. Great distribution from goal kicks, was good with his feet, accurate with both short/long range passing, excellent at collecting and claiming the balls in the box, very vocal/good communication with team, and mostly made decent saves when needed. IMO, should be his position to lose over Beiranvand.

Moharrami - 4: I gave him a low rating because he has not learned his lesson from Lebanon match about not putting in a half-ass performance defensively. Did NOT fully clear the ball defensively, which provided Syrian player who chased lost causes with a chance to send in a dangerous ball into the box which on another day would've been costly. Other than that, made good challenges here and there, but I felt he was kind of average in attack.

Kanaanizadegan - 8: Fought like a warrior. Was hurt and fouled a couple of times but immediately returned to his feet. Defensively was solid. Won headers against Al-Somah, disallowing him to have any real threat.

Khalilzadeh - 3: Had a sub-par performance today, let's just leave it at that. I am still not convinced that Majid is a clear and superior option that should start over him (not yet at least).

Noorafkan - 6: I though he was defensively solid. Made few mistakes in terms of not tracking his man or losing his runner. Offensively, offered outlets in attack and made good overlapping runs down the flank looking to make things happen.

Ezatolahi - 7: An important player for an important position. Having a player like Ezatolahi in midfield is important because of the vision he brings and the fact that he is tactically adept.

Nourollahi - 8: It seems that whatever saves the Syrian GK had present where on Nourollahi's shots. Look at the technique behind Nourollahi shots today, they are really great efforts with swerve. One of the best long range shooters in the team. Unlucky not at least have 1 goal today... Has a great range of passing too if I'm being honest. I can see now more and more why he's a starter in midfield given his performances.

Hajsafi (c) - 7: Nicely taken penalty. Looked to link up many times with Azmoun in attack, at times provided great switches of play over to the opposite flank, and always looked to win the ball back when required. Credit where credit is due, Hajsafi has tremendously improved during these months (since June) and respect to him for going back to Europe and making himself more useful/bettering himself at AEK Athens. To be honest, there is something that COACHES see Hajsafi that we don't behind our computer monitors where he is being utilized and counted upon under numerous footballing regimes. Sometimes, we just have to take an L as fans and accept things for the way they are.

Gholizadeh - 6: Lovely finish. Should keep his starting position. Unlike his predessor who can't even dribble past his own shadow, Gholizadeh can easily take on his man because he has technique and can create opportunities with for strikers from wing play (as you would expect from your winger).

Amiri - 10 (MOTM): Kante Irooni. Just like wine, Amiri gets better with age!!! Seriously, he should play in Premier League with the quality he has! You know the saying, "70% of the earth is covered by water. The rest is covered by Amiri." Got an assist, won a penalty, covered everything/everyone, what else do you want from this man?

Azmoun - 5: Nice cooly taken finish for the 1st goal, but he just misses way too many easy chances to be considered a world class striker. I love Azmoun, I really do... But the difference between a world class striker and an Asian class striker is that a world class striker puts away those chances Azmoun had present today.

Substitutes:

Sarlak - 6: Served his purpose, which was to provide the much-needed defensive solidity in midfield when he came on.

Sayyadmanesh - 7: Got the assist on the 3rd goal and way lively down that left flank. A problem for Syrian defenders. Wish he came on a bit earlier though.

Ansarifard - N/A: Not much to judge him on.

Ghaedi - N/A: Like Allahyar, wish he came on a bit earlier too because he looked dangerous in the short time he was on. Had a nice little nutmeg on Syrian player.

Coach:

Tot - 8: Did well in the absence of Skocic, I just wish that the subs would have been made a bit earlier to allow the younger players with more experience.

Bonus:

Fans - 10: Shout out to the fans! They were very vocal and supportive today in a foreign environment!

Comment

Comment

My take on the game/upcoming games..

- Hajsafi and Shoja should be placed on the bench. It's time to get Majid Hosseini back acclimated into TM and the upcoming 4 games would be great to give him that opportunity. Shoja makes way too many mistakes that would easily hurt against a stronger opponent in the WC. Hajsafi just plays so poor, Ghoddos should be playing over him.

- Abedzadeh looked solid, but Beiranvand still has the higher ceiling.. I would play Abedzadeh the next two games and get more games under his belt, but i would prefer Beiro in the WC.

- Saeid/Noorolahi pairing is looking more and more solid. Ahmad Noor is impressing me more and more.. Hopefully Ali Karimi can get healthy and replace Sarlak in the squad.

- Amiri is a tank and needs to start EVERY game in the midfield. LB is a question mark but I think Milad gives us best opportunity over Noorafkan.

- Hoping to see more minutes for Allahyar in the upcoming 4 games.

Comment

Pics from game

http://ffiri.ir/fa/news/10255/%D9%86...B1%D8%A7%D9%86

Comment

The good:
                            1- Amiri. Enough has been written on him by you all. Cant add much more.

2- Nourolahi's shooting. We need someone to take shots outside the box, especially when we face crowded defense.
                            He missed all 3-4 of his shots but they were done correctly and at right times. Most importantly, not too far from being on target. With a little precision, he can turn this into a game winning schtick to cement his place in TM.

3- Abedzadeh. He gains some confidence. It also pushes beiranvand to pull up his socks and get serious.
                            He did quite well. Even his risky exit to kick the ball was nowhere near Beiranvand's dumb dribbling attempt

4- Kanaani- A very solid performance, nullifying an asian star and someone almost one who foot taller and bulkier than him.

5- The team:
                            The team seems to be gelling better by the game.
                            That means a lot of the problems it's been having were due to lack of friendlies and test games to allow the lads to get to know each other's game.
                            Even on this horrible, terrible pitch you could see better team movement.
                            Imagine if we do have some decent preparations and test games. The team would be lethal

The not so good:
                            1- Moharami seems didnt learn from beiranvand's mistake in lebanon: play to the whistle.
                            perhaps he's played way too much football recently.
                            a little bench time, like beiranvand, might do him well

2- Gholi's over-doing his dribbling when a quick shot might do the job.
                            Otheriwse he was quite decent.

3- I wish Ghoddos had got some minutes to redeem himself.
                            I hope now that we're almost qualified, he will get more chances.

Comment

abedzadeh b
                              moharami c
                              shoja c
                              kanani c+
                              norafkan c+
                              ahmad noor b
                              saeed b
                              golizadeh b
                              hajsafi b
                              amiri a
                              sardar b