Alireza Jahanbakhsh @ Brighton & Hove Albion | 2018-2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by happydoggo View Post
    I think the commentator said something about him playing poorly this game, sadly.

But he was involved in some attacks and I think he had a shot on goal.
    ]]

That was my initial impression, he was closed down very quickly and visible winced at last twice. It was a very disjointed performance by the reserve teams of both sides. Southampton deserved to win when they brought on two first team players, Austin and Redmond for their late goal. Fed up and disappointed.

Comment

So when is the next EPL game for Brighton and against whom?

Comment

7am Pacific time Saturday against Fulham at home

Comment

Originally posted by Seagull View Post
          You may already know this but the Thameslink trains from Bedford go direct to Brighton, so you don't have to faff about getting a tube to Victoria. For example the 09:49 from Bedford arrives into Brighton at 12:12 (2 hours 23) whilst the 10:12 (change st Panc, tube to Victoria) arrives 12:37 (2 hours 25).

I wouldn't advise getting to Brighton station any later than 2pm for the trains to Falmer. It gets very busy. Personally, I prefer to head to Falmer a bit earlier, miss the chaos at the station and enjoy a beer outside the ground. Be prepared for a long queue to the platform for the trains back after the match. Generally the queue look worse than it is, they cram a lot of people onto the trains. If you want to avoid that the concourses and Dicks Bar are open after the game, so you can have a drink at the stadium and walk down to a train without queuing if you're not in a rush to get home.
          Originally posted by Perseus View Post
          Endorse this strongly, arrive at Brighton Station at least one hour before KO to make sure you do not miss the start. I usually aim to get to Brighton Station an hour and a quarter before KO to make sure. Don't be put off by the queues. Last Premier League match they put on an 12 coach special in addition to the normal trains with extra carriages. Standing with no room mostly.
          Cheers for the help boys, gonna get Bedford into Brighton train for 13:12 which should allow me to get into Falmer in good time and sneak in a cheeky one or two before the game and in no rush to get back as long as I get the last train at midnight so will see where I get swept up to. Hit me up on here if you go and fancy a drink.

Comment

Originally posted by Taz View Post
            You're a beautiful man, turns out that only takes 2.5 hours which beats whatever route nationalrail was sending me. May well do that 🍻
            Glad to help (even if other Brighton fans managed to improve my suggestion )

It’s been touched on before, but I would recommend staying for a couple of beers after the game. The queues for the train tend to be a nightmare with up to 20,000 people trying to cram on and I’d imagine the majority of Fulham fans will get the train which won’t help. I’m not sure where abouts you’re sitting but I’d suggest heading around to the north stand, having a few beers and watching the 5:30 kick-off (City v Newcastle I think) and then strolling straight on to a train a bit later on. It’s normally a good atmosphere if we’ve won.

Apart from that all I can say is enjoy it, and I hope Jahankbash gets at least 20 minutes to make your trip worthwhile!

Comment

its a long season guys. brighton wouldnt pay a record fee if he didn't have something special in him.

give him time to adapt to the style of game they play.

the fact that he's been used as a sub and started a cup match is a good sign
              SHOW TIME!

Comment

https://www.brightonandhovealbion.co...-performances/

Hughton on ARJ:
                He said, “With Ali [Alireza Jahanbakhsh], he came back late from World Cup duty and what he needs to do is adapt to the game here. It will take a bit of time, but there’s no doubt that he’s a talent.

“We know that from what he produced in Holland last season. He’ll certainly get up to speed, and the likes of the Southampton game wouldn’t have done him any harm."

Comment

Originally posted by oreosx11 View Post
                  https://www.brightonandhovealbion.co...-performances/

Hughton on ARJ:
                  He said, “With Ali [Alireza Jahanbakhsh], he came back late from World Cup duty and what he needs to do is adapt to the game here. It will take a bit of time, but there’s no doubt that he’s a talent.

“We know that from what he produced in Holland last season. He’ll certainly get up to speed, and the likes of the Southampton game wouldn’t have done him any harm."
                  Hughton is a person of character. ARJ is in good hands. It is easy to have praise for a player after a good or great performance. It is much harder to show support for a player who came in with high expectations is subpar or ordinary. ARJ's success in Holland didn't happen overnight either. It's good that so far the manager is being patient and is ok with the rate of ARJ's progress. He needs Hughton's full support at this point.

Comment

ARJ has also been a slow starter. Look at his performances for both NEC and AZ. He was ok at the beginning of the season and once he got comfortable he was a world beater. Let the lad get comfortable.
                    "Formerly known as AliDaeiClone"

Comment

Really random question but do any of you know the details of Jahanbakhsh's debut for Damash Karaj/Tehran in 2010? I can see from wikipedia that he played 12 games and the team was promoted in 2nd place but can't find out who his first game was against!

Comment

Cheers for the help boys, gonna get Bedford into Brighton train for 13:12 which should allow me to get into Falmer in good time and sneak in a cheeky one or two before the game and in no rush to get back as long as I get the last train at midnight so will see where I get swept up to. Hit me up on here if you go and fancy a drink.
                        If you fancy visiting a pub near the train station there is the Battle of Trafalgar, just up Guildford road, it's like a 1 minute walk, or the Prince Albert, just down Trafalgar Street (outside the station there's a road that runs under the front of the station, go down there). Both of those should be full of Albion fans. At the stadium itself there is Dicks Bar (named after former chairman Dick Knight) but by the time you arrive I'm not sure how long the queue would be to get in (it's open after the game too). You can also get a drink inside and outside of the stadium.

The TVs in the concourse and Dicks Bar usually show highlights of the game shortly after FT so if Jahanbakhsh has scored the winner you could find a TV to watch it again from every angle.

I'm going to the game but travel with 4 others and it tends to be a case of arrive as late as possible and leave as soon as possible (never before the final whistle of course) and we come from the east so don't go via Brighton itself. If plans change though I'll send you a message!

Comment

Yep no worries. I think I may try and get there well in advance to watch Liverpool game in Brighton, what's my best pub for that?

Comment

I'm going to the Brighton Fulham match on Saturday. Really hoping that he gets some minutes. Will share photos!
                            چو ایران نباشد تن من مباد
                            We thank and support Mr.Kamran Delan for many years of dedication and service to Iranian Football Community.

Comment

Yep no worries. I think I may try and get there well in advance to watch Liverpool game in Brighton, what's my best pub for that?
                              You could try the King & Queen (Marlborough Place) as they have two big screens. I saw something about it being the home of Liverpool fans down this way so it may be full of Liverpool fans.

Closer to the station is the Duke of Wellington which should have it on I think.

Comment

Wow this is the first time JB was on the second page of pfdc football forum for a long time

Comment

Working...
                                X