Alireza Jahanbakhsh @ Brighton & Hove Albion | 2018-2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sly View Post
    Well, could you blame them? Unfortunately he hasn't been able to cope with EPL's physical game. Mind you, I don't think any of our players have the strength and the speed, required for EPL. The only person who was good enough was Dejagah but he was brought up in Germany.

Our players in general are rather more suitable in leagues where they can use their skills, like in Spain. Even an overall mediocre player but with great skills, like Masoud, can be relatively successful there.
    All players, even the above average ones like Gus Poyet (in the past) (Chelsea P 11+3 G 4) admit to struggling to adapt in their first season. That is coming from la Liga. And before the more intense "pressing game" which Arsenal do not implement with such intensity as Spurs.

I think CH will give ARJ a further 7 to 15 part games until January to get up to standard. Other managers would not be so patient.

Wingers get a better chance from the start, but sometimes it is easier for them when the game opens up and there is more space near the end. In away matches opposing wingers rarely get a kick at the Amex (Fraser for Bournemouth excepted). Certainly do not get the opportunities that Solly March made for himself at the Emirates. Any Arsenal fans on this forum?

Comment

I understand that they're upset because of how much he cost and the hype surrounding his goal scoring ability, but have you ever watched his Dutch team? They actually knew how to play soccer a little bit lmao. Brighton is like watching an MLS team. Multiple times on the counter attack against Arsenal they should've score easy goals and instead looked like a high school fucking development team. Andone had hype too and he's struggling. Brighton fans should be upset in general, but they should also have perspective. That team is fucking wretched. Guys like Azmound and JB need a decent offensive team around them. Brighton parks the bus like Iran and when we do that Iranian fans say JB and Azmound are overrated etc, but look at Azmoun on a team that likes to attack and feed him the ball instead of parking the bus....he flourishes.

Comment

so how many of you had a jersey shipped from the uk for $175?

Comment

Originally posted by mehdi13 View Post
          so how many of you had a jersey shipped from the uk for $175?
          Holy shit, I assume for that price, it's to Iran?!

Comment

Originally posted by IranPuma View Post
            I understand that they're upset because of how much he cost and the hype surrounding his goal scoring ability, but have you ever watched his Dutch team? They actually knew how to play soccer a little bit lmao. Brighton is like watching an MLS team. Multiple times on the counter attack against Arsenal they should've score easy goals and instead looked like a high school fucking development team. Andone had hype too and he's struggling. Brighton fans should be upset in general, but they should also have perspective. That team is fucking wretched. Guys like Azmound and JB need a decent offensive team around them. Brighton parks the bus like Iran and when we do that Iranian fans say JB and Azmound are overrated etc, but look at Azmoun on a team that likes to attack and feed him the ball instead of parking the bus....he flourishes.
            Eredivsie defending is a bit of a joke: most of the teams are not even Championship level. It is not comparable to the EPL. Not sure if la Liga is very good at defending after watching Valencia play Arsenal.

Comment

Originally posted by Perseus View Post
              Eredivsie defending is a bit of a joke: most of the teams are not even Championship level. It is not comparable to the EPL. Not sure if la Liga is very good after watching Valencia play Arsenal.
              That must be the reason Ajax is in the Semis of Champions League running over a top tier EPL team.

Comment

Eredivsie defending is a bit of a joke: most of the teams are not even Championship level. It is not comparable to the EPL.
                that's been my impression as well OVERALL..! Not just looking at just a few teams and few games that buck the trend..!
                its a league built mostly around superficially entertaining fans and viewers..! with end to end fast action and high scorelines with loose defending and free flowing play in between ..!
                sorta like NBA from the 80s compared to NBA Action nowadays especially the regular season action ..!

Comment

Eredivsie defending is a bit of a joke: most of the teams are not even Championship level. It is not comparable to the EPL. Not sure if la Liga is very good after watching Valencia play Arsenal.
                  True about Eredivisie's defense but he's also right about JB being another player in an attacking team. Here are highlights of a game where JB keeps his team level with Ajax all by himself:

Comment

I'l admit Eredivise isn't the best league but premier league is way overrated, other than the top 6 most of the league is trash. If premier league is as great as you make it out to be an english team would win UCL every second year but that's not the case. This is just another case of English people automatically assuming they're superior to the rest of the world.

Comment

Originally posted by mistermo View Post
                      I'l admit Eredivise isn't the best league but premier league is way overrated, other than the top 6 most of the league is trash. If premier league is as great as you make it out to be an english team would win UCL every second year but that's not the case. This is just another case of English people automatically assuming they're superior to the rest of the world.
                      But they have depth. The metric you require is one Barcelona and Real Madrid meet but they. An do that because something like 60-70% of the leagues TV money goes to them. They are favored.

If that structure existed for the English league it would be teams like United and Chelsea still on top and far ahead and away by miles.

Comment

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post
                        Are you satisfied with JB overall performance with TM?
                        Nope. I wasn't satisfied because Jb's playing style did not mesh well with CQ's tactics and style. Very similar style to CH. Play AJ in an open attacking style and he will flourish. I don't understand why that's so hard to grasp.

Comment

Originally posted by perspolis#1 View Post
                          But they have depth. The metric you require is one Barcelona and Real Madrid meet but they. An do that because something like 60-70% of the leagues TV money goes to them. They are favored.
                          If that structure existed for the English league it would be teams like United and Chelsea still on top and far ahead and away by miles.
                          That's a good point, but it's not just down to that, especially when considering how much money English clubs make themselves. They still have more than enough money to spend in order to win the Champions League, but that's not the only thing that matters.

Clubs like Barca, Bayern Munich, Real Madrid, + more, have much better, stronger youth systems, identities/philosophies - and develop way more quality players than English clubs too. In Certain cases, some of these clubs are also more likely to give significant playing time to younger players coming through their youth ranks / purchase and utilize younger players more in general. They've developed a consistent model that brings them repeated success, and English teams haven't developed that consistency. Not to say they aren't good though. EPL teams have become stronger over the last couple years and their league is competitive, strong, and exciting. Just saying that they are too focused on money, and are looking for success overnight by investing waaaay more in foreign players + constantly buying and selling players at ridiculous prices - so one season they're good, the next they're poor. - Too inconsistent to compete for the Champions league on a regular basis.

Comment

Originally posted by Sly View Post
                            Well, could you blame them? Unfortunately he hasn't been able to cope with EPL's physical game. Mind you, I don't think any of our players have the strength and the speed, required for EPL. The only person who was good enough was Dejagah but he was brought up in Germany.

Our players in general are rather more suitable in leagues where they can use their skills, like in Spain. Even an overall mediocre player but with great skills, like Masoud, can be relatively successful there.
                            Milad does. He is our only player who is tailor made for English football with his intensity, speed and heading ability

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by sam20 View Post
                              That's a good point, but it's not just down to that, especially when considering how much money English clubs make themselves. They still have more than enough money to spend in order to win the Champions League, but that's not the only thing that matters.

Clubs like Barca, Bayern Munich, Real Madrid, + more, have much better, stronger youth systems, identities/philosophies - and develop way more quality players than English clubs too. In Certain cases, some of these clubs are also more likely to give significant playing time to younger players coming through their youth ranks / purchase and utilize younger players more in general. They've developed a consistent model that brings them repeated success, and English teams haven't developed that consistency. Not to say they aren't good though. EPL teams have become stronger over the last couple years and their league is competitive, strong, and exciting. Just saying that they are too focused on money, and are looking for success overnight by investing waaaay more in foreign players + constantly buying and selling players at ridiculous prices - so one season they're good, the next they're poor. - Too inconsistent to compete for the Champions league on a regular basis.
                              I agree with you England neglects youth for showy foreigners.

But another advantage teams like Barca, Real, Bayern have is that they can coast through their leagues and rest players for league games.
                              The last 3-4 games Barcelona has literally fielded a D team in La Liga. Liverpool is in a desperate clash for a title and can't rest anyone.

Of course, some times this backfires (See PSG) but it helps for teams to get through the CL stage. Personally, I'm a big fan of the Bundesliga's style even if I follow EPL more. They let younger plays play, make mistakes, and learn from them. That's why every 3-4 years Germany pumps out class players that can at the very least make it to the bench of the German NT talentwise. Some of them like Goretzka/Kimmich soar, while some like Meyer/Werner don't go much higher. They have plenty of turnover though.

Imagine having the talent pool where you can not call up a player like Leroy Sane.

Comment

Originally posted by DR Strangemoosh View Post
                                Milad does. He is our only player who is tailor made for English football with his intensity, speed and heading ability
                                Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
                                I think Milad would do great on Newcastle/Wolves even if he's rotational. Very tough guy to get past.

Comment

Working...
                                X