Alireza Jahanbakhsh @ Brighton & Hove Albion | 2018-2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by persian_pooya View Post
    Two solid players snatched up by Brighton as the window shut today. RB Martin Montoya from Valencia and 6'7" CB Dan Burn from Wigan.
    6’7?!?! Ya allah!

Comment

Originally posted by persian_pooya View Post
      Two solid players snatched up by Brighton as the window shut today. RB Martin Montoya from Valencia and 6'7" CB Dan Burn from Wigan.
      Ya abolfazl, I thought I was tall with being 6’3”

Comment

they loaned burn straight back to wigan.

Montoya is a solid player who was slightly out of his depth for Barca and inter milan, but should be very good for this level. A combo of him and ARJ on the right would be interesting.

Comment

I’m really happy JB left that amateur league called Eredivisie, Feyenoord is losing 2-0 to Slovakian club AS Trencin in the EL qualifiers after 40 mins.

Comment

3-0 for Trencin

Comment

Originally posted by Kiarash View Post
              3-0 for Trencin
              FT: 4:0

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
                they loaned burn straight back to wigan.
                Montoya is a solid player who was slightly out of his depth for Barca and inter milan, but should be very good for this level. A combo of him and ARJ on the right would be interesting.
                Burn actually has an injury and is out for a while so they have loaned him back so he can get match fitness before Brighton get him back.

Comment

Guys (especially Brighton fans), I don't actually think Jahanbakhsh is the finished article, and he may struggle in his first season. We need to be prepared for this. It is true that he has various fantastic attributes (good with both feet, thunderous shot, great vision, pretty fast) but he is not used to the lack of time he will be afforded in the EPL, compared to Eredivisie. Even fellow TM fans will have been frustrated at how his amazing form in Holland hasn't translated to lesser games for his country where he hasn't quite made a mark (albeit in a system which relies on defensive unity).

What I do know, is that he has a very unique trait amongst footballers of perseverence, humility and appreciation of the world around him. It means that he will work to overcome any faults, and people will support him because of his character. He will keep working, and keep improving.

Mo Salah is a similar footballer who had to work to get to what he is today - his shots were poor until he worked with Alex Frei, his initial stint at Chelsea he was still developing. Only at Roma (at JB's current age) did he finally find himself and become a world class footballer.

I think JB still has some developing to do but can become a very special footballer.

Comment

Originally posted by DR Strangemoosh View Post
                    Guys (especially Brighton fans), I don't actually think Jahanbakhsh is the finished article, and he may struggle in his first season. We need to be prepared for this. It is true that he has various fantastic attributes (good with both feet, thunderous shot, great vision, pretty fast) but he is not used to the lack of time he will be afforded in the EPL, compared to Eredivisie. Even fellow TM fans will have been frustrated at how his amazing form in Holland hasn't translated to lesser games for his country where he hasn't quite made a mark (albeit in a system which relies on defensive unity).

What I do know, is that he has a very unique trait amongst footballers of perseverence, humility and appreciation of the world around him. It means that he will work to overcome any faults, and people will support him because of his character. He will keep working, and keep improving.

Mo Salah is a similar footballer who had to work to get to what he is today - his shots were poor until he worked with Alex Frei, his initial stint at Chelsea he was still developing. Only at Roma (at JB's current age) did he finally find himself and become a world class footballer.

I think JB still has some developing to do but can become a very special footballer.
                    That's it build him up, tell us how great he is. Then tell us he's not the finished article. Then compare him to Salah

Don't worry, for a start, it is normal for a player to take time to adapt to English football. Plus signing players from Eredivisie is notoriously risky. There have been so many flops. We've experienced a few ourselves with the likes of Roland Bergkamp, Danny Holla, Elvis Manu, and dare I say it Jurgen Locadia. Before anyone says it, I know Jahanbakhsh is head and shoulders above those players and to be fair Davy Propper has been very good. I think the Eredivisie has quite a large range in talent which can help some players stand out, the trick is identifying the genuinely talented.

I'm confident he will do well for us, but I'm not expecting fireworks from day one.

Comment

Continuing my posts introducing you to the Brighton Squad.
                      Goalkeepers: http://www.persianfootball.com/forum...t=#post2581430

Full Backs

Bruno

Bruno is our Captain, a cult hero, has a mural on the side of a building in Brighton, has the best beard in the Premier League and will be 38 in October. He is an astonishing human being. He joined the club in 2012 from Valencia and in that time has played 217 games for the Albion. Oh, and he plays right back.
                      He’s starting to struggle a little bit to play week-in, week-out but plays well when he’s in the team. He will compete with Martin Montoya and (unless he leaves in the next few days) Ezequiel Schelotto.
                      Here’s his mural:

And here’s an indent featuring him and the murial used by Sky Sports:

Ezequiel Schelotto

Argentine right back (who has played once for Italy) who joined from Sporting last summer and played 20 league games. He’s an attacking full-back, a little inconsistent and hasn’t won all of the fans over – but that is difficult when he’s competing with Bruno. He’s a possible candidate to leave in the next few days as one foreign player needs to be cut from the squad.
                      Martín Montoya

Signed on Transfer Deadline day from Valencia for a reported £5m. Has a Champions League winner’s medal from his time at Barcelona. We’d expect him to become our first choice right back I suspect.
                      Here’s a video of an amazing basket..
                      http://[url]https://www.youtube.com/...[/url]
                      Bernardo

Brazilian full-back signed for £9m from RB Leipzig. Looks like he will be our first choice left back and the only new signing to start this weekend at Watford.
                      Gaëtan Bong

Joined in 2015 and played 25 times last season. He’s probably fallen behind Bernardo now. Very good at defending and had some of the best stats in the league last season in that respect but he’s a bit limited in terms of his ability in forward areas.

Markus Suttner

Austrian left back signed from Ingolstadt last summer for a reported £4m. Only played 14 games. Better than Bong offensively but Bong won the battle and played more regularly. Another who could potentially be cut from the squad.

Comment

Originally posted by DR Strangemoosh View Post
                        (good with both feet, thunderous shot, great vision, pretty fast)
                        Now that spells quality to me. He'll be fine given adjustment time.
                        "Evil is rare, but ignorance is epidemic"

Comment

For those of you doubting Jahanbaksh check out this Brighton Podcast and skip to min 19:00. The speaker compares Memphis Depay's stats from his stand out season in Holland before joining Manchester United to Jahanbakhsh's stats in Holland from last season.

https://soundcloud.com/user-651280095

Comment

8) Brighton ready to rival top 10
                            Brighton are seemingly only heading in one direction. An aggressive recruitment drive this summer, funded by their fiercely ambitious owner, Tony Bloom, has paved the way for Chris Hughton’s side to build on their 15th-placed finish last season. They appear to have solved the reliance on Glenn Murray too, by adding Florin Andone, Yves Bissouma and Alireza Jahanbakhsh, the latter for a club-record £17m, eclipsing the £14m fee they paid for Jürgen Locadia – the striker who could miss the start of the season with a groin injury – in January. Promoted Wolves and Fulham have been tipped to creep into the top 10 but Brighton have plans to make huge strides this season too. How Watford, a mishmash squad led by the easily forgettable Javi Gracia – the Pozzo family’s 10th manager since 2012 – must pine for such firepower. Short on striking options, they could be about to come unstuck. BF
                            هرگاه شما بازیکنی دیدید که از نظر تکنیک و قدرت بدنی فوق العاده است و همیشه یکسان است و تحت هیچ شرایط هیچ افتی ندارد شما یک فوق ستاره پیدا کرده اید در غیر اینصورت شما به یک بازیکن معمولی
                            نگاه میکنید.
                            sigpic
                            I am Persian. I used to rule the world. I will never be subservient to anyone.

Comment

Complete PL tv coverage for season. Unfortunately BHAFC v Watford will not be broadcasted live. Next week versus Man U will be.

https://www.radiotimes.com/news/tv/2...-how-to-watch/

Sent from my Google device using Tapatalk
                              Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

Originally posted by O-ZoNe View Post
                                Complete PL tv coverage for season. Unfortunately BHAFC v Watford will not be broadcasted live. Next week versus Man U will be.

https://www.radiotimes.com/news/tv/2...-how-to-watch/

Sent from my Google device using Tapatalk
                                Will IRIB possibly show BHAFC vs Watford?

Comment

Working...
                                X