We will win 2-1
    --------------------------Beiranvand-------------------
    --Moharrami----Hosseini--Kanaani----Amiri--
    ------------------Ezatolahi-----Ebrahimi--------------
    --Jahanbaksh---------Ghoddos------------Taremi--
    ---------------------------Azmoun----------------------

Comment

Originally posted by Gucci10 View Post
      Man imagine if they translate daneshgar....lol and here in defense we have university!
      I believe university is "daneshgah" in Farsi.

On more reason to believe you are an Iraqi trolling on PFDC. LOL just Joking![emoji1]

Comment

Japan will be tough. The only ace that we have is Torabi.
        But if the rest of the team does not function properly, then there is only so much he can do.

Comment

Unfortunately Iran almost never had a solid defence while having Vatani coach in charge regardless level.

Comment

---------------------------------------Akhbari---------------------------------------
            ---------Abdollahzadeh-------Daneshgar--------Kanaani--------Heydarieh------
            -------------------------------- Cheshmi-Kamandani------------------------------
            ------Torabi-------------------------Karimi------------------Mohammadi--------
            ---------------------------------------Motahari -----------------------------------
            TEAM MELLI IRAN - PERSPOLIS

Comment

Originally posted by shahramii View Post
              ---------------------------------------Akhbari---------------------------------------
              ---------Abdollahzadeh-------Daneshgar--------Kanaani--------Heydarieh------
              -------------------------------- Cheshmi-Kamandani------------------------------
              ------Torabi-------------------------Karimi------------------Mohammadi--------
              ---------------------------------------Motahari -----------------------------------
              I like this one. Good defensively and good for counters.

Comment

Originally posted by persian-eagle-13 View Post
                we have a very tough game against japan. Unfortunately in the last 3 games it looks like Khakpoor & Co has lost the 2nd half which is the "coaches half".
                In terms of scores (objectively), we won the Syria match in the 2nd half and the other two matches were tied in the 2nd half PE jaan.

In terms of play (subjectively), I think we were the better team in the 2nd half in the first two matches and had Khakpour not instructed the guys to sit back after the 3rd goal against China, we would have ran all over them.

So I don't think it's all doom and gloom as far as our coaching staff, although I'm sure we would have all preferred no MK and a more experienced coach than Khakpour going into this - but after all we are talking about the IR here, where shit rises to the top faster than anywhere else on earth!

Comment

As far as line-up and formation for this match, it's a bit encouraging that Khakpour hasn't stuck with a 4-1-4-1 throughout this competition and WAFF and we have switched to 4-2-3-1 in mid match several times.

That suggests to me (and I'm HOPING this is true) that Khakpour may have been experiencing with the 4-2-3-1 for this match and given our perceived weakness in defense, that second defensive midfielder could be crucial against Japan.

On that note, I'm going with the majority of the squad that lined-up against Syria in WAFF final and again put on a good performance against Syria in the 1st match, with minor changes and switch to a 4-2-3-1 instead of 4-1-4-1 (minutes played in brackets)

------------------------------------------------Mohammadreza Akhbari (270)

Ali Abdollahzadeh (180)--Roozbeh Cheshmi (270)--Mohammad Daneshgar (180)---Vahid Heidarieh (180)

-------------------------------------Ali Karimi (201) ---------------------- Alireza Naghizadeh (180)

Mehdi Torabi (188)------------------------ Milad Kamandani (152)---------------------- Milad Mohammadi (152)

-------------------------------------------------Arsalan Motahhari (241)
                  Last edited by Bi-honar; 01-19-2016, 09:49 AM.

Comment

Whatever formation it's going to be, they should prepare counter attack tactics for this match.

Defensively we have not shown to be strong, so we need to focus on our defense in the 4 days of preparation that's left.

Comment

We will most likely be facing Jordan, UAE or Iraq if we pass Japan.

Passing Japan is the most important step. We need to qualify to the semis.

Comment

if we wanna beat japan, we need to play smart, defend well attack well we need tourabi and ehsan pahlevab to feed the forwards and attack well. we must defend, our defense has been poor all along

Comment

Originally posted by ehsan singapore View Post
                          if we wanna beat japan, we need to play smart, defend well attack well we need tourabi and ehsan pahlevab to feed the forwards and attack well. we must defend, our defense has been poor all along
                          Thank you for your advice. I hope Haji Mayeli listens to this.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by ehsan singapore View Post
                              Yes. That's right.

Comment

Play a 5 back with counter attacking football. Otherwise, could be a soorakh game. Our team has huge defensive issues... basic stuff: passing marks, spacing, silly tackles

Comment

Working...
                                X