Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WCQ 2022: Iran - Iraq (Info, Reports & Live Updates)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2 notes

1. Jahanbakhsh is firing long range shots that reminds of his AZ days. He was killing their tactic of parking the bus. The couldn't defend THAT deep. Hadn't it been for MoM = Iraqi goalie, the scoreline would be 10-0

2. Taremis goal was stunning, running on that thru pass and that little spin to it. World class striker! These top teams in Europe are morons not giving him a contract. He would sh*t on half of the forwards in the top teams.

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJuu6P-Htic
      Supporting Team Melli

Comment

GREATEST DAYS of my
        life and 2022 was the least
        stressful.
        BACHEHAAAA
        MOCHAKARIM

Comment

Originally posted by Keshwardoost View Post
          This damn vuvuzela still exist?

Comment

Originally posted by diz View Post
            "We could have got a draw today" LOL (bro, you were lucky not to be down 0-3 at HT).
            Yes they could have potentially get a totally undeserved draw, but they could also have lost this game 6-0.

Comment

Congratulations to everyone here and to all our fans everywhere. You all deserve this, our people do, and a big thank you to our boys and Skocic for doing something so extraordinary and unprecedented in TM football history. Iran shireh!!

Comment

Glad that Taremi made it back on time and brought us to the world cup. Now he needs to redeem the portugese side net disaster

Comment

Who gave the assist?

Comment

Originally posted by LocalSkeptic View Post
                    Who gave the assist?
                    Yahanbaksh
                    "This is a totalitarian system whose presence people feel in their blood and in their flesh on a daily basis. And it’s one that does not grant freedoms of any kind, or accommodate people’s demands in any way. What is increasingly clear is that there is clear demand for change in the regime. What the people want is regime change, and no return to the past. There is a very real possibility of regime change." - Nasrin Sotoudeh

Comment

Amazing qualification campaign by Iran ... We have world class forwarders and a good midfield ... Now, something extremely important to fix ... We didn't had enough "tough" matches to test properly our defense. From what i have observed during this campaign, it's relatively "shaky". If we have to face very powerful sides with world class forwarders, these mistakes will be paid at a heavy price. It is therefore EXTREMELY important to be able to organize few "top" friendlies before world cup. This defense needs to be fixed. Too many direct mistakes with wrong player positioning. Against Asian teams, it can still remain invisible, against much better sides, it will be a different story.

Comment

Originally posted by maly3648 View Post
                        Amazing qualification campaign by Iran ... We have world class forwarders and a good midfield ... Now, something extremely important to fix ... We didn't had enough "tough" matches to test properly our defense. From what i have observed during this campaign, it's relatively "shaky". If we have to face very powerful sides with world class forwarders, these mistakes will be paid at a heavy price. It is therefore EXTREMELY important to be able to organize few "top" friendlies before world cup. This defense needs to be fixed. Too many direct mistakes with wrong player positioning. Against Asian teams, it can still remain invisible, against much better sides, it will be a different story.
                        Agreed. This defence is not going to survive against the likes of Italy or England. But a bit depressing too though because in two world cups the whole world was praising Iran for its strong and disciplined defence and now this is our most weakest point again.

Comment

Looking back at our games in this stage, really shows some gritty moments
                          First game 1-0 vs Syria: A little rusty, won off of a deflection goal but overall pretty dominant as expected though now as many clear cut chances
                          Second game 3-0 vs Iraq: Absolute stomp from start to finish.
                          Third game: 1-0 win vs UAE; dull affair with not that many good chances. Nervy red that we conceded which was overturned by VAR thankfully due to an offsides. Rest of the game was simple, easy finish by Taremi and a penalty missed.
                          Fourth game: 1-1 vs SK: tough game but we in the end had the greater number of scoring opportunities. Hit the post twice. Defensive liability showed in this game though with Son finding acres of space on the Korean goal. Great clutch cross-header from Azmoun to Jahanbakhsh. Nervy last moment of the game with a gritty save by Beiro.
                          Fifth game: 2-1 vs Lebanon. Both of our goals coming in EXTRA TIME. Have not had such a heart attack in a match in a long long time. This game above all others shows the gheyrat of the team to come back and avoid an embarrassing loss.
                          Sixth game: 3-0 vs Syria. Easy game.
                          Finally todays game. Very dominant 1-0 win against Iraq. Was never in doubt.

Comment

Where was Zahedi? Even not on the bench? Covid?
                            ما میمیریم میمیریم ایران رو پس میگیریم

Comment

Originally posted by jack7000 View Post
                              Where was Zahedi? Even not on the bench? Covid?
                              i believe i saw him on the field celebrating with the players so healthy,

just think coach went with experienced players, and saved him for next game. so he can play without pressure and show himself there.
                              and if he misses a chance it wont mess with his confidance as if he would miss and later we had gotten scored at.. would be tough for him.
                              thats what I think. just speculating, but think he will get a good amount of time next game, have a feeling give him 45 minutes and he will score 1-2 goals.

dont know why but he reminds me of Dejagah.. maybe its the beasty powerful look and powerful playing style.
                              i posted this in other thread aswell, full game plus celebrations

you can se him amongs the players there, if i didnt mix him up with someome like hosseini but im pretty sure it was zahedi i saw.
                              https://www.persianleague.com/16142-...22-berth-video
                              Supporting Team Melli

Comment

Originally posted by Keshwardoost View Post
                                i believe i saw him on the field celebrating with the players so healthy,

just think coach went with experienced players, and saved him for next game. so he can play without pressure and show himself there.
                                and if he misses a chance it wont mess with his confidance as if he would miss and later we had gotten scored at.. would be tough for him.
                                thats what I think. just speculating, but think he will get a good amount of time next game, have a feeling give him 45 minutes and he will score 1-2 goals.

dont know why but he reminds me of Dejagah.. maybe its the beasty powerful look and powerful playing style.
                                i posted this in other thread aswell, full game plus celebrations

you can se him amongs the players there, if i didnt mix him up with someome like hosseini but im pretty sure it was zahedi i saw.
                                https://www.persianleague.com/16142-...22-berth-video
                                Yeah thanks indeed it was him in the yellow jacket next to Yazdani celebrating all together.. Yes absolutely makes sense what you wrote.. And yes again I have to agree, he's a physical beast with a strong left foot, I'm sure he can be very useful for TeamMelli.. Reminds me also somehow to an Adriano light version..
                                ما میمیریم میمیریم ایران رو پس میگیریم

Comment

Working...
                                X