Alireza Jahanbakhsh @ Brighton & Hove Albion | 2018-2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zahedika View Post
    Really don't have time for you, but here it goes.
    Of course they have no midfield... Two of their starters have been injured well over a month. We just disagree on the quality of ARJ relative to his teammates (I think I'm rating his teammates better than you, not ARJ less). Time will tell who's right and we'll see how things stand come May.

Comment

Stop being so negative people 😀 give the guy a break, he has only been in the Premier League for a few months and he tries his best every game. Well done to you Alireza for what you have achieved in your career at such a young age. If it doesn’t work out at Brighton so what, there will be plenty of other opportunities for him.

Comment

Originally posted by Medzdidz View Post
        Stop being so negative people 😀 give the guy a break, he has only been in the Premier League for a few months and he tries his best every game. Well done to you Alireza for what you have achieved in your career at such a young age. If it doesn’t work out at Brighton so what, there will be plenty of other opportunities for him.
        I agree. I don't understand the overanalysis of AJ's every little move on the field. His talent and skills are unquestionable. Give him at least 1 season to adapt.

Comment

Originally posted by Perseus View Post
          I've not dissed Alireza Jahanbakhsh at all. Just not seen any signs of anything special.

I'm not a great fan of Knockaert as I think he is slow and one footed, but he has contributed more this season so far. Solly March is limited and one footed as well but he also contributed more.

I've seen Alireza Jahanbakhsh up close and I did not think he was hiding (as someone suggested), but it seemed to me he wanted more time than the opposition allowed. This is because pressing is becoming more fashionable this season and makes more a very disruptive game requiring quick control of the ball under challenges. I don't think that Locadia has been as technically proficient at controlling the ball either.

Wolves were particularly good at blocking space in which Alireza Jahanbakhsh likes to run into. He didn't seem to be quick enough to find space or recetving the ball under challenges as he was muscled off the ball against Everton.

Davy Pröpper has had the same trouble with opponents closing him down this season. Bissouma and Montoya have cost Brighton goals this season by being caught in possession.
          you are dissing him pretty big time when you say the starters moving forward are Izquierdo, andone, groß, "and the right winger".

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
            you are dissing him pretty big time when you say the starters moving forward are Izquierdo, andone, groß, "and the right winger".
            He's just being honest... ARJ hasn't shown anything to Brighton fans to make them think he's head and shoulders above knockaert so there is still competition for that position. Luckily Hughton has watched more of his career than the past two months so he knows ARJ is better, but it's going to take time until the fans know that he's consistently the better option

Comment

Originally posted by oreosx11 View Post
              He's just being honest... ARJ hasn't shown anything to Brighton fans to make them think he's head and shoulders above knockaert so there is still competition for that position. Luckily Hughton has watched more of his career than the past two months so he knows ARJ is better, but it's going to take time until the fans know that he's consistently the better option
              Please lets not ever compare JB to the french kid. With Jb's limited playing time u can see the difference in quality.

Comment

Juicy like ARJ gets a brace?
                Areh defahye maham labood vay misan goal behoran

Comment

Will Jahanbakhsh play on Saturday? Khabari az Jahanbakhsh nistesh een chand roozah, chetoreh? How’s his injury?

Comment

Originally posted by Leicester City View Post
                    Will Jahanbakhsh play on Saturday? Khabari az Jahanbakhsh nistesh een chand roozah, chetoreh? How’s his injury?
                    No, I remember reading he's only going to start training with the team soon!

Comment

https://www.skysports.com/football/n...ton-in-january

This is really scary considering he too is from the Eredivise. Is the same bound to happen to Jahanbakhsh?

Comment

https://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/172...-his-old-club/

"Record signing Alireza Jahanbakhsh is unlikely to be risked for Saturday’s clash at the Amex.

Jahanbakhsh has continued to receive treatment from Albion’s medical staff for a hamstring injury which ruled him out of international duty for Iran."

Comment

https://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/172...-his-old-club/

"Record signing Alireza Jahanbakhsh is unlikely to be risked for Saturday’s clash at the Amex.

Jahanbakhsh has continued to receive treatment from Albion’s medical staff for a hamstring injury which ruled him out of international duty for Iran."
                          It takes nearly 2 weeks for a slight hamstring injury to heal? Hmm... 🤔

Comment

Originally posted by Leicester City View Post
                            It takes nearly 2 weeks for a slight hamstring injury to heal? Hmm... 🤔
                            How long does it take to recover from a hamstring injury?
                            The length of time it takes to recover from a hamstring strain or tear will depend on how severe the injury is. A minor muscle pull or strain (grade 1) may take a few days to heal, whereas it could take weeks or months to recover from a muscle tear (grade 2 or 3).

NB: Brighton had two perfectly good wingers in Buckley and Lualua whose careers were wrecked hamstring (Buckley) and knee injuries (Lualua). These players had a much bigger impact in their first few games at one tier lower.

One worrying aspect of Eredivisie players at Brighton is their lack of instant control at speed or under pressure. Losing simple balls through lack of control does not endear them to the crowd. Losing possession does not do the team much good either. It seems as though English players are best for on-the-ball technique.

Eredivisie players at Brighton have also lacked pace, althought la Liga signings have not been as quick as expected.

Comment

He will not be playing this weekend. Lucky Leicester.

https://www.brightonandhovealbion.co...-on-24-nov-18/

Comment

Absolutely buzzing to see 4 pages of Brighton FC abuse and 'Marg Bar Hughton' posts come Saturday when March and Knocky don't each score 5 goals whilst Ghezzal gets VITAL MINUTES.

Comment

Working...
                                X