Arwin Jawad signs at Roda JC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The View Post
    I was just confused abut his name, as every "Jawad" I met was Pakistani/Afghan, and every "Arwin", "Sherwin" I met was Kurd.

We previously had threads opened for players whose name sounded Iranian, but turned out not to be Iranian, so I just asked for a clarification.
    Isn't he born in Holland, W is pronounced V?

Comment

Originally posted by scuderia View Post
      Not related to this this thread at all, but yes in Dutch w sound like v, and v sounds like f (f also sounds like f).

Comment

his full name is actually Arwin Javad Kalmarzy Sabet.
        I've meet him recently and watched some of his matches, he is fully Iranian. (his doesn't speak farsi, but he is really proud to be Iranian and his biggest dream is to play for team melli)
        he is tall,strong, good shot, good technique, a bit comparable with Zlatan.

His brother is his agent and works together with zabih etemadi (Agil etemadi's brother who have also played professional football)

Comment

I was trying to find another players name and came across this thread. Anyone know how he did at Roda youth team this season?
          This seems to be his brothers (agents) twitter page.
          https://mobile.twitter.com/arwinjvd11?lang=en

This is his brothers company he works for as agent - https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/spor...a/berater/2400

Arwin’s transfermarkt page - https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/arwi...spieler/686938

Comment

Originally posted by scuderia View Post
            In Spanish, the "V" is pronounced as a soft "B"
            for example Vaca sounds more like Bhaca
            "If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend."~Bruce Lee

Comment

Originally posted by puddha View Post
              In Spanish, the "V" is pronounced as a soft "B"
              for example Vaca sounds more like Bhaca
              Pudda Jan,

Maybe in Spain Spanish. But in Mexican / South American Spanish V sounds like V.

Took 4 years of Spanish in college and play on mexican soccer team which doesn't make me fluent but I can get you around town.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Comment

He is no longer a part of Roda JC? I guess it was a bit premature of me to yell "Arwin Jawad for TM"!

Comment

Originally posted by The View Post
                  Based on the Ws instead V in his name, is he Pakistani or Iranian-Kurd?
                  His name is Arwin Javad and he is rashti. Its because of the pronunciation of the letters V and W in dutch. I'm no dutch experts but had to search it. Apparantly The V sounds a bit like F (mixed of v and f) in dutch. So Arvin = Arvfin . ... Arwin = Arvin (english) .

One more thing i've learnt from the video is that if the letter V is at the end of the word they would pronounce it exactly like letter F.

Comment

Comment

The guy doesn't even look remotely Pakistani or South Asian. Anyway, where does he play now? I checked the roster of Roda JC and he was not listed?

Comment

He's on their youth team, not senior squad

Comment

Working...
                        X