No announcement yet.

Alireza Jahanbakhsh @ Brighton & Hove Albion | 2018-2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

According to the game ratings, ARJ gaved a PK and scored an own goal. Atleast thats what you woukd have to do to get such a bad rating. Overall didnt have his legs today. Was fouled a couple times and wasnt given to him so it went down as disposession but again the team won with him starting the match. He will have better games to come.
    "History is a set of lies that people have agreed upon,"

Comment

I thought he was alright. He had two shots today, one was decent, the other was impressive and only slightly went over the bar after taking a slight deflection but the ref didn't see it and gave a goal kick.

He was tidier in possession than ARJ at the beginning of the season, and played one pretty nice through ball that was narrowly offside.

He did also lose the ball a few times on some runs but nothing catastrophic.

He does look like he's growing in confidence and stronger on the ball. He was up against a very quick fullback today in Bissaka so I don't think he could really beat his man for pace. Also, CP had control of the game for most of the match so he the attacking Brighton players didn't have many opportunities to show themselves.

He wasn't the 20 million sort of ARJ, but I'm pretty happy with his performance. I really hope he gets on the score sheet soon though or gets an assist.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Ali Doust View Post
        According to the game ratings, ARJ gaved a PK and scored an own goal. Atleast thats what you woukd have to do to get such a bad rating. Overall didnt have his legs today. Was fouled a couple times and wasnt given to him so it went down as disposession but again the team won with him starting the match. He will have better games to come.
        Seemed fitting. I think if those 2 things would have happened that would have capped off a pretty poor performance overall. Few bad give aways one on a counter where they had # forward. He was not involved in any positive offensive play but did have one decent shot that cruised over the bar. He lacked pace as usual and was easily dispossessed on man to man challenges. He flopped for fouls that the ref refused to give him the call. Worst player for BHAFC today.

Sent from my Google device using Tapatalk
        Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

Here's the match ratings from the first six ratings of Jahanbakhsh today in the Brighton forums:

1) Ali J - 7

2) "Jahanbakhsh really come into his own and seems to be getting up to the pace of PL. good things to come from him. 7"

3) "Ali J - 7 - didn't see too much of the ball in attacking situations, but linked well with Bernardo and Propper and worked hard to get back. Improving with each game, he's gonna score a worldie at some point."

4) "Ali J 7.5 best shift by a long way I've seen him put in."

5) "AJ - 6 - one good shot."

6) "Ali J - 7: He is slowly coming good - Solid going back and the odd glimpse of what he can do when he gets a sight at goal. Once he scores you feel the floodgates could open."

I posted this since some of our "fans" here seem to think ARJ was terrible lol.

Comment

Originally posted by fairplay View Post
            Didn't see the game, IYHO how was ARJ today?
            A bit anonymous really, but better than the highly rated Batshuayi. So the jury is still out as a slow burner. ARJ does not seem to have the extra pace to beat the average EPL full back on the outside. He is going to have to improve quite a bit more to avoid disappointment from the fans.

I find myself comparing ARJ not with the current crop of forwards, but with wingers that departed from the Albion through injury. The lack of pace is the most noticeable, but beyond a certain pace, extra speed does not confer that much advantage. Faster than Knockaert though.
            All game, the wingers were not getting past the full backs, so ARJ was not alone.

Comment

Don't want to lecture...but I need to...we need to have confident TM players, if u criticise our players too much we will all pay for it...keep the support going.
              Keep calm and believe in Fairies and Footballers Roxanaz

Comment

JB did fine. He was solid defensively and had a few decent efforts at goal. He did what was asked of him.

BHA lined up very defensively and JB doesn't have the license to come forward like he wants to.

Compared to his counterpart, JB was much more involved, both offensively and defensively, than Knockaert (who was largely quiet other than the wonder strike).

I like that JB is finding the confidence in himself to take shots from outside the box. This is what he does best. You feel a goal is coming very soon...

Comment

I mean don't forget that this game was very hard on the team, we barely had any shots compared to crystal palace... Everyone in Brighton had a game where they played far from their potential imho, and that includes AJ. My opinion is that he was on par with everybody else in the team, and they couldn't keep posession no matter what it seemed anyways, let alone make consistent passing.

Comment

Let's face it JB has been a failure at BHA so far.

No goals and no assists in the EPL.

But he's a good luck charm for them and they win when he starts!

Comment

Originally posted by happydoggo View Post
                      I mean don't forget that this game was very hard on the team, we barely had any shots compared to crystal palace... Everyone in Brighton had a game where they played far from their potential imho, and that includes AJ. My opinion is that he was on par with everybody else in the team, and they couldn't keep posession no matter what it seemed anyways, let alone make consistent passing.
                      Crystal Palace dominated almost every statistic - with more territory, possession, shots and crosses than their opponents.
                      https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47424852

It looked comfortable for Brighton after the first goal. As comfortable as it can be with a 1-0 lead.

Possession stats: https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/12...ton#chalkboard

Comment

Lol! Found this on the Brighton FC forum.

https://twitter.com/CPFC_Cal/status/1104401013883224064

Comment

Comment

Alireza had to put in a massive defensive shift today. Was practically playing as a wingback for 90% of the game; those were his instructions. Doing that and coming forward for 90 minutes is exhausting stuff. We have to realize that Brighton was playing extremely conservatively and AJ was also matched up with a really fast and strong fullback. He looked deadliest when he slotted himself centrally in that pocket of space. He and knockheart rarely swapped wings as well.

I think he could have had more of an impact if Hughton wanted to take a gamble and allow Propper/bissouma to venture further up to help create space. But out of fear of Zaha/Batshuyi/Townsend he kept a deep block. As a winger that means you're trying to build the ball up from practically your own defensive third then making a run in behind the fullback. If you're outmatched on pace then good look getting anything done. The one time he looked deadly was when brighton finally had some possession in the final third and he could get the ball at the top of the box. Played a good ball to Murray which was narrowly called offside, then had a wicked shot. Good win overall.

Comment

People need to stop obsessing over assists and goals. It's his first season in the EPL. He went from a free flowing offensive player in the dutch league, to being asked to be an opportunistic workhorse.

His talent & ability is unquestionable. Patience is virtue. If it doesn't pan out, he can play for a team that will better harness his talent.

Comment

Thought he had a solid match today. Nothing spectacular but he retained possession really well, and only gave it away a few times while the rest of the team just kept kicking it upfield to nobody. Even if he isn't beating his man all the time its good to see him running at players and trying to take them on. Shows his confidence is building. He had a job to do today, he did it well enough and Brighton got 3 points. IMO he deserves to keep his spot in the starting 11 as he looks to finally be adapting to the EPL.
                                Also great scenes of him celebrating with the Brighton fans at the end of the match.
                                ballast parcham bi boro bargard refigh negaran nabash bikhod to aslan

Comment

Working...
                                X