X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brighton 2 Derby 1

First thoughts:

Watched the match on TV as I still had a cold
    It seems quite a few first teamers were missing for the Albion, only Duffy, Stephens, Locadia in the starting XI (8 changes) from the last EPL side
    4 youth teamers on the bench
    Derby came for a draw and penalties, changed to keeping the score down
    Derby were unlucky with the good goals as both shots were on the weaker foot of Knockaert and Bissouma
    Fair enough 2-1 result as the Albion made hard work of it and did not play as well as they did against Watford when it was 0-0
    Derby players were technically OK but lacked any threat which made Albion a bit careless for their fortunate consolation goal
    Alireza Jahanbakhsh stationed on the left hand side on the corner of the penalty area, and well marked (TV followed the ball)
    Alireza Jahanbakhsh’s style of dribbling not suited to British football, partly because of the physical style of defending. Bissouma and Locadia were chopped down a lot
    Opposing teams almost always complain that they do not click at the Amex; too often to be coincidental
    Knockaert's late breakaway showed that 3+ players are usually needed to provide better options than a shot (defenders can cut out the angle for a key pass).

Comment

It is clear as daylight that he is not playing conformable like he did in Holland. Due to the pressure and expectations from him he is very nervous when he gets the ball and tries to release it to the nearest player as soon as possible to avoid to be the one losing procession and getting the blame. He doesn't take risks in dribbling and having a shot which he is more than capable of. This will continue until he can score his first couple of goals to get rid of the pressure on him.

Comment

Comment

Watched the highlights here https://video.varzesh3.com/video/185...-کانتی-1 . ARJ did well. He is getting more confident. I predict that he will have a breakthrough game in the next three weeks scoring one and assisting one resulting in being name MotM. I believe in this guy.

Go ARJ!

Comment

ARJ was the catalyst for the first goal: he drew 3 defenders centrally and passed to the ball to the right corner, where his teammate assisted to the middle for the goal.

Comment

Originally posted by Futbaldoost View Post
              Watched the highlights here https://video.varzesh3.com/video/185...-کانتی-1 . ARJ did well. He is getting more confident. I predict that he will have a breakthrough game in the next three weeks scoring one and assisting one resulting in being name MotM. I believe in this guy.

Go ARJ!
              He couldve had a goal and assist today if his teamates were more on point.
              "History is a set of lies that people have agreed upon,"

Comment

Obviously ARJ is not playing up to his potential, however specially in the last 3 games his teammates always ignore passing him the ball in an attacking position. ARJ makes pretty good diagonal runs off the ball. The majority of time he gets passes from his teammates is when he is checking to the ball with his back to the goal. I don't know if the players don't have the capability to slot him in or they just don't care to pass to him.

Comment

ARJ is generally a very nice, kind guy. But he may need to be a bit more selfish on the field and make plays happen if he’s not getting the service/passes from his attacking teammates

Comment

Originally posted by PEJ View Post
                    Obviously ARJ is not playing up to his potential, however specially in the last 3 games his teammates always ignore passing him the ball in an attacking position. ARJ makes pretty good diagonal runs off the ball. The majority of time he gets passes from his teammates is when he is checking to the ball with his back to the goal. I don't know if the players don't have the capability to slot him in or they just don't care to pass to him.
                    In quite a few instances today I noticed they actually chose not to pass to him. I doubt it is in anyway his fault as we know he is a humble and intelligent guy, but it's likely that there is some dressing room dissent towards him, given his status as Brighton's most expensive player. The personalities at Brighton don't seem to be the most accepting or forgiving, barring Hughton himself.

Let's just hope that he gets one piece of luck with a goal or assist and this changes.

Comment

I'm fascinated in how british commentators and pundits (BBC, BT sport etc...) pronouncing Jahanbakhsh the way the dutch did, with a "Y" instead of a "J".... I wonder what the BHA fans do

Comment

I thought he had an encouraging game. For the most part he seems more composed. I also definitely sense some bad energy from his teammates, which I'm really curious what it is all about (this is CH's work to get under control btw). More concerning though is that the fans are not really behind him... The BHA forum is mostly bashing him post game with a lot of 4s and 5s in the ratings https://www.northstandchat.com/showt...erby-***/page7

Comment

If Jahanbakhsh can become eredevise top scorer with Weghorst beside him, he can definitely find a way to succeed if his BHA teammates don't love him

Comment

Originally posted by Futbolista View Post
                            I thought he had an encouraging game. For the most part he seems more composed. I also definitely sense some bad energy from his teammates, which I'm really curious what it is all about (this is CH's work to get under control btw). More concerning though is that the fans are not really behind him... The BHA forum is mostly bashing him post game with a lot of 4s and 5s in the ratings https://www.northstandchat.com/showt...erby-***/page7
                            FWIW I'm a Brighton fan and I have faith in him😁 he didn't have his best game yesterday but I don't think he was as bad as many made him out to be - hopefully things will start to click into place for him soon enough, as he could have a vital part to play in the Seagulls' short-term (and possibly long-term) future - if/when he realises his potential in the Prem he will be crucial

P.S. I would be surprised if there was any dressing room rift between Alireza and the other lads - Knockaert and Bissouma can come across as a bit selfish with the way they play (this was their greatest asset yesterday, but, particularly in Knockaert's case in the PL, can be their greatest flaw), but I don't reckon it's anything personal, they just tend to be fairly individualistic players

Comment

Guys, I just watched the highlights, seems like he played very well! You guys have to stop expecting him to score a goal every match! He has a specific role to play there and seems like he's playing it very well!

Comment

Originally posted by Lindfield23 View Post
                                FWIW I'm a Brighton fan and I have faith in him😁 he didn't have his best game yesterday but I don't think he was as bad as many made him out to be - hopefully things will start to click into place for him soon enough, as he could have a vital part to play in the Seagulls' short-term (and possibly long-term) future - if/when he realises his potential in the Prem he will be crucial

P.S. I would be surprised if there was any dressing room rift between Alireza and the other lads - Knockaert and Bissouma can come across as a bit selfish with the way they play (this was their greatest asset yesterday, but, particularly in Knockaert's case in the PL, can be their greatest flaw), but I don't reckon it's anything personal, they just tend to be fairly individualistic players
                                I'll endorse this. I'd imagine it is the limitation of the other Brighton players at making key passes to space in front of Alireza Jahanbakhsh. It looks easier from the TV angle. They need more practice.

Comment

Working...
                                X