Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Perseus View Post
    Thoughts:

1) Overall impression was the technical profiency of the Chelsea defence on the ball, and I could see why Man City had trouble with them as they could play their way out of trouble. Chelsea looked like a top 3 side: better than Spurs.
    2) Referee Stuart Attwell was lenient and did not fall for any play acting. Better than being pernickety.
    3) Knockeart and Murray were much too slow to have any affect against world class defenders, esp. the full backs.
    4) Solly March failed to control the ball and lost it too often.
    5) Davy Pröpper and Dale Stephens are both right-sided midfielders and do the same job. No good when we are chasing a game.
    6) I can only think that both Izquierdo and Jahanbakhsh were not fully fit enough to be included in the squad.
    7) Hazard is really good, again!
    8) A pity Balogun is error prone. Bruno would be a more steadying influence
    9) Bong is going to have trouble getting his place back as long as Bernardo does not go to sleep like Bong does occasionally.

Addenda: CH likes playing two wingers. Not my first choice as we can only play on one wing at a time. No other PL club apart from perhaps Leicester play two out and out wide men. Notional wingers do not have luxury of hugging the touchline. Albion game improved when it was too late after Knockaert went off and Locadia came on.

Summary: transition season.
    I always enjoy reading your takes after the games. Thank you, you seem to be calm and composed, very reasonable!

Comment

Inquest: the offside rule not interfering with play is NOT working fairly as every week we see goals disallowed and equal goals allowed with an offside player that does not touch the ball.

Comment

Why do you kill yourself to watch brighton and arguing about March april or may while JB is injuried since two months??

Comment

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post
          Why do you kill yourself to watch brighton and arguing about March april or may while JB is injuried since two months??
          Khastim bebinim foozoolemun kie, fahmidim toyi.....

Comment

Personally I like the team now. My only issue is the players he decides to play at times!

Comment

Originally posted by scuderia View Post
              I always enjoy reading your takes after the games. Thank you, you seem to be calm and composed, very reasonable!

Correction
              Referee might have been Michael Oliver

Referee Michael Oliver only showed a yellow card, which left Seagulls boss Chris Hughton exasperated.

March was 30 yards from goal when pulled back, so it could be argued that it was not a goalscoring opportunity, but Hughton argued that Alonso should have had a yellow card for a couple of other tackles earlier in the game and would have seen red for two bookings then.
              Read More

Chris Hughton names the two Chelsea players that should have been sent off against Brighton

It was a claim that Match of the Day 2 pundit Alan Shearer supported.

He said: "He’s 100% right. The reason he doesn’t get a yellow [for the first tackle] is because it’s two or three minutes in, I don’t think it’s right that that is the case, but it was so early in the game, he perhaps should have got one for that. https://www.football.london/chelsea-...ether-15560671

Comment

Alireza Jahanbakhsh absence “He’s had a very slight setback, we had to make a decision today whether to play him or not take the risk. We decided not to take the risk hence why he wasn’t on the bench. I think he’ll be fit for next weekend.”

Read more at: https://www.brightonandhoveindepende...DzFavabzsdEVyc

CH assessment remarkably like mine e.g.

“They are such a talented and athletic team on the ball. The first goal it was a poor goal from our point but they can do that, the second one is very much avoidable so I think it knocks us. “During the half-time talk you ask them to respond and at least finish the game with a good response in the second half that I hope we can take forward.” Eden Hazard “What we see is a world class player.

Read more at: https://www.brightonandhoveindepende...DzFavabzsdEVyc

PS: I'm glad that wasn't any sending offs that ruined some recent games. It would have spoilt the barometer of how Albion are progressing.

Not anywhere close to the top 3 the way we currently play. Chelsea were better than last season and now they fancy their chances so they must have played well. I think Brighton can learn from the way Chelsea play.Their pressing was not so sophisticated and stifling as Man City and Liverpool.

But Hazard was the best player we have faced since we joined the Premier League, although Countinho came close last season.

Comment

Its still interesting to follow the team, they're a likable bunch in my opinion. Reminds me of the Osasuna days.

Comment

Originally posted by TM4LIFE View Post
                    Its still interesting to follow the team, they're a likable bunch in my opinion. Reminds me of the Osasuna days.
                    I miss the good old Osasuna days. Went and visited Pamplona a few years after Masoud and Neko had left, and the locals all were so happy to talk to us about them.

Hopefully once Alireza has cemented himself more I'd love to go to Brighton and watch one of his games

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

i believe brighton play arsenal in couple week time

Comment

Originally posted by ehsan singapore View Post
                        i believe brighton play arsenal in couple week time
                        26th December, our next home game!

Comment

When ARJ is on the pitch during the Arsenal game, i'll be rooting for Brighton

Otherwise, lets go Arsenal

Comment

Originally posted by Iranianarsenal11 View Post
                            When ARJ is on the pitch during the Arsenal game, i'll be rooting for Brighton

Otherwise, lets go Arsenal
                            Always knew you were a traitor.

Comment

Originally posted by saadat_abad View Post
                              Always knew you were a traitor.
                              LOL what can I say man

I'm sure InArseneweTrust is thinking the same

Comment

Originally posted by Iranianarsenal11 View Post
                                LOL what can I say man

I'm sure InArseneweTrust is thinking the same
                                no way lol. Every match is crucial for us to get back in top 4 with tottenham and chelsea not likely to slip up that many times. I hope ARJ plays and does well but no way I will be rooting for brighton.

Comment

Working...
                                X