Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Your top 10 best Iranian strikers of all time.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Leicester City View Post
    1. Azmoun - We are so lucky to have him as our striker, rather than Russia or Turkmenistan!
    Wtf ?

Comment

Hashemian holds the record for the most goals in a season by an Iranian player in the top leagues with 16 goals. I hope Azmoun will break the record in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by sirvan View Post
        Being used when there is 5 minutes left to play, or being used as a sub in extra time is not alot of playing time lad. He is the most underrated Iranian player ever!!! The guy oozed talent, such a magnificent striker he was!! He was unlucky that Daei was in his prime and playing and scoring all the time.
        Also Azizi wasn't a striker lad . He was something else though, man what a talent he was as well!

Edmond Bezik was a great striker as well, i agree.
        Na aziz. Azizi was a second striker. Majidi was also a starter together with Daei, game in game out during Shahrokhi's era, who insisted on playing them together despite lack of effectiveness. If I'm not mistaken it was the AC2004 qualification games in 2003. You can check that out. and Majidi was completely useless and ineffective. Couldn't score if his life depended on it. and that was to the point that when Branko took over, even Khatibi and Enayati were preferred before Majidi. He was that bad! I clearly remember when Branko was planning to put him on the bench, he got mad and left TM camp and never returned. but in his clubs, yes I agree. He was a great "club player".

Comment

Originally posted by Sly View Post
          Na aziz. Azizi was a second striker. Majidi was also a starter together with Daei, game in game out during Shahrokhi's era, who insisted on playing them together despite lack of effectiveness. If I'm not mistaken it was the AC2004 qualification games in 2003. You can check that out. and Majidi was completely useless and ineffective. Couldn't score if his life depended on it. and that was to the point that when Branko took over, even Khatibi and Enayati were preferred before Majidi. He was that bad! I clearly remember when Branko was planning to put him on the bench, he got mad and left TM camp and never returned. but in his clubs, yes I agree. He was a great "club player".
          Well my thread is about the main striker/target man position. Azizi was more of a second striker/playmaking forward (assisting Ali Daei). Also with his 168 cm and physique he would've never been able to fill that role.

Game in game out during Shahrokhi's era? Lol, mate Shahrokhi was only our coach for a few months, and played Majidi out of position. With the lack of cohesion, tactics and friendly matches what did you expect Majidi to do? The whole team was playing bad (a striker needs service). Also, i'm a 36 year old male who has been watching every game TM has played since 1996, so i know what i'm talking about when i say that Majidi has never been given a chance. 5 minutes here and there during mostly meaningless games and out of postion doesn't do much for any player.

Don't even get me started on that charlatan Ivankovic. When Khatibi and Enayati are preferred over a player who has more talent in his pinky toe than both combined, that says more than enough.

Furthermore, the whole argument of playing well for a club but not for national team doesn't sit well with me... if a quality player doesn't perform its mostly due to the coach factor: a player not being given a chance or played out of position, a coach not being able to utilize a players skills/talent, bad tactics etc like it was in Majidi's case. Things would've been different if we had a professional coach like CQ back then, instead of all those clueless amateur coaches, you can be sure of that lad.

Comment

Azmoun still misses alot of 1 vs 1 chances… What about ARJ? Did he not score the most goals last season in Holland?

Comment

Inspired by Azmoun's recent great performances, it got me thinking about how many good strikers (and players in general) we've had (by Asian standards) over the past 30 years that I've consciously been able to follow our national team.

So if you had to make a top 10 of the best strikers you've seen wear the TM shirt in the time that you've been following them, how would you rank them? Regardless of their career, just by sheer talent.

My list:

1) Azmoun
              2) Daei
              3) Farshad Pious
              4) Taremi
              5) Farhad Majidi
              6) Ansarifard
              7) Hashemian
              8) Goochhannejhad
              9) Kaveh Rezaei
              10) Samereh
              I Can only say players I have seen:

1. Daei
              2. Azmoun
              3. Azizi
              4. Hashemian
              5. Gucci
              6. Karim
              7. Taremi
              8. Ghoddos
              9. Khatibi
              10. Borhani

Comment

I think KC's head is going to explode soon...

Comment

Originally posted by P-Money View Post
                  Wtf ?
                  Take no notice of this troll.

I think he's just upset ARJ is starting to start games in the premier league so can't bleat on about how crap ARJ is in the Brighton thread.
                  you can't do anything about the length of your life, but you can do something about its width and depth
                  sigpic

Comment

You do realize that modern football is 1000x faster and none of those retro players would catch up with the game

Comment

1. Azmoun
                      2. Ghoddos
                      3. Gucci
                      4. Karim Ansarifard
                      5. Daei

Comment

Originally posted by Galactika View Post
                        You do realize that modern football is 1000x faster and none of those retro players would catch up with the game
                        Those "retro" players would adapt to modern football easily, if you want to claim that modern day players such a Morata, Gucci, Neymar, Ziyech and co are better than Romario, Daei, Batistuta, Weah and co, then you are spewing garbage lad.

Comment

Those "retro" players would adapt to modern football easily, if you want to claim that modern day players such a Morata, Gucci, Neymar, Ziyech and co are better than Romario, Daei, Batistuta, Weah and co, then you are spewing garbage lad.
                          sorry to burst your bubbles mate
                          Modern day players start playing football at a very younger age under professional coaches and are obviously waaay more fit.

Comment

With the lack of cohesion, tactics and friendly matches what did you expect Majidi to do? The whole team was playing bad (a striker needs service).
                            That has been the case the whole time since the revolution bro. Yet, some players can reach out and show themselves, some others don't. It's as simple as that. Shahrokhi was the coach for only a few months but I remember those were a few intense months with lots of games for TM. All I remember is, Majidi's game was only about dribbling around and even dribbling himself at times without being effective. Daei had slowly lost his form too, so he was also quite feeble in the front. Not until when Bezik got subbed in the last 10 minutes of every game, when you could see TM with some real threats on the opponents' goals. I clearly remember those times because everyone were frustrated not to see an in form Bezik ahead of both Majidi and Daei but Shahrokhi kept insisting on starting both in the front and Bezik, always the last 5-10 minutes. So Majidi did hardly lack playing time.

It's good that you say you are 36. Then I know you know your thing and I don't need to go into details in history.

Comment

1.) Rasoul Khatibi
                              2.) Rasoul Khatibi
                              3.) Rasoul Khatibi
                              4.) Rasoul Khatibi
                              5.) Rasoul Khatibi
                              6.) Rasoul Khatibi
                              7.) Rasoul Khatibi
                              8.) Rasoul Khatibi
                              9.) Rasoul Khatibi
                              10.)Rasoul Khatibi

Comment

In no particular order:

Boroomand, Shirzadegan, Behzadi, Kalani, Iranpak, (Gholam Hossein) Mazloomi, Roshan, Mohammadkhani, Pious, Daei. Actually I lied, it's in chronological order.

Azmoun is on the way to making the list if he continues scoring like he has been doing as of late.
                                I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

Working...
                                X