Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BTW, Marc Wilmots has now been officially announced as TM HC and has started working. Time to close this thread and reopen the other one that had been opened prematurely My two cents on Taj: I think his impact in the last several years has been overall positive considering all the constraints that have existed. He didn't manage the communication around timing of the new coach placement well yet that's minor compared to all the other accomplishments in the last few years.

Go TM!

Comment

It’s going to be interesting to see how Wilmots will pan out for TM

Comment

It's interesting that Iran has hired high-profile European coaches in a row while other Asian giants rely on local coaches or low-profile foreigners.

Comment

Originally posted by tmfan View Post
          It's interesting that Iran has hired high-profile European coaches in a row while other Asian giants rely on local coaches or low-profile foreigners.
          This further speaks to our TM's potential, our nation's hospitality, and our fans' dedication (despite all the negative press and sanctions).

Comment

Originally posted by Sly View Post
            Kafashian brought CQ only after 2 failed attempts (one wasn't clearly enough) with Daei and Ghotbi. and I think after all the failures and stubbornness, his last life line was to bring a good foreign coach or else he'd been gone. He brought CQ while he was under major pressure from the media and everyone else. I haven't seen a more incapable, stubborn and simply disastrous IFF boss than him. CQ had major major problems during his reign with smallest issues, like player visas and jersyes too.

Taj on the other hand, fixed everything that Kafashian wasn't capable of doing. CQ didn't have basic problems anymore. He complied with all CQ's requests. From building super modern training camps to TM's own bus, airplane, much better organisation, relatively good WC preparations and friendlies, etc. etc. TM was so much less in hashiyeh during Taj's era. and on the contrary to Kafashian, he actually delivered everything he openly promised. The very first time after the revolution when TM had actually had relatively good friendlies and preparation before the WC, was during Taj's era.

Not renewing CQ's contract was a decision that clearly came from way above and nobody could do anything to prevent it.

We really need to be thankful and appreciate that Taj, out of all the bunch, is the head of IFF. When he's gone, we can get back to being in the chaos we were in before.
            i think a good person to ask as to which IFF president was the most competent would be Carlos..!! i wonder which would he favor..? hum..!
            it's important to note that when Kafaash took over IFF, TM was in utter disarray after the GN debacle at AC07 and FIFA was up their asss for politicians meddling heavily in their operations and the in-fighting between key players Daie and AK8 was at its peak..! at first, he tried mightily to bring in a well-qualified foreign coach in Clemente but that assshole head of SM (i dont recall his name now?) was adamant that the coach had to live full-time in Iran, which ultimately collapsed the deal and left us with little time to look for alternatives and it was again the same jackass SM head who primarily pushed for Daie's hiring..! off course the inexperienced rookie coach, Daie failed miserably during the early rounds for WC10 Qualifying and with our qualification in clear jeopardy, he had to resort to yet another half-qualified clown a la Ghotbi to take over a near impossible task of wc10 qualifying..!! also its important to put in perspective that back then IR were going through their most turbulent times, facing the biggest political challenge to their ruling and The Green Movement was in its peak with riots everywhere and the scared IR Cronies were keen to interfere with and tightly control and micro manage our whole football program league and nationally..! and off course after our failed WC 10 and moderate advancement at AC11, he pursued the hiring of CQ and the rest is history...2wice winning the best federation in Asia award, qualifying TM to WC14 and handing over the reign in 2016 to Taj while we were at the top of our game in asian football with a capable and stable head coach in CQ leading it with outmost command..!! the rest 2016-2018 shouldnt be too hard for folks to remember..!!

Comment

Originally posted by BacheLot View Post
              i think a good person to ask as to which IFF president was the most competent would be Carlos..!! i wonder which would he favor..? hum..!
              it's important to note that when Kafaash took over IFF, TM was in utter disarray after the GN debacle at AC07 and FIFA was up their asss for politicians meddling heavily in their operations and the in-fighting between key players Daie and AK8 was at its peak..! at first, he tried mightily to bring in a well-qualified foreign coach in Clemente but that assshole head of SM (i dont recall his name now?) was adamant that the coach had to live full-time in Iran, which ultimately collapsed the deal and left us with little time to look for alternatives and it was again the same jackass SM head who primarily pushed for Daie's hiring..! off course the inexperienced rookie coach, Daie failed miserably during the early rounds for WC10 Qualifying and with our qualification in clear jeopardy, he had to resort to yet another half-qualified clown a la Ghotbi to take over a near impossible task of wc10 qualifying..!! also its important to put in perspective that back then IR were going through their most turbulent times, facing the biggest political challenge to their ruling and The Green Movement was in its peak with riots everywhere and the scared IR Cronies were keen to interfere with and tightly control and micro manage our whole football program league and nationally..! and off course after our failed WC 10 and moderate advancement at AC11, he pursued the hiring of CQ and the rest is history...2wice winning the best federation in Asia award, qualifying TM to WC14 and handing over the reign in 2016 to Taj while we were at the top of our game in asian football with a capable and stable head coach in CQ leading it with outmost command..!! the rest 2016-2018 shouldnt be too hard for folks to remember..!!
              Well... just need to add a few things. After Clemente disaster no more try was made to bring another foreign coach. Kafashian went for the easiest solution. Daei was appointed and after his failure, again he went for Ghotbi instead of trying to get a good foreigner. I agree that Kafashian took over IFF when GN had messed up TM but he hardly tried to fix it until a WCQ failure later. After CQ was appointed (with lots of pressure from the people), still Kafashian failed to comply with all the coach's requests and we went to the WC2014 with almost no preparation. The rest is history of course.

Also I think no time in Iran is worse than now with the heaviest sanctions ever on the country.

Comment

Taj has been the best IFF boss we have ever had since Farahani.

Comment

Guys lets leave BL alone I think he knows he's clearly wrong now
                  Team Meli Iran
                  Perspolis FC
                  Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

That's the way you get respect from the fans and the players.

What a breath of fresh air for TM after so many years of being put down!

From now on, IR Iran is my country – New Team Melli head coach Marc Wilmots sets 2022 FIFA World Cup target

https://www.foxsportsasia.com/footba...lWkzP9vuNYTGHc

Comment

Originally posted by Ghermez Agha View Post
                      Guys lets leave BL alone I think he knows he's clearly wrong now

kafaaash Sarvare Taje..!!

like i said, letting CQ slip away all so easily, will continue to prove to be a monumental fk-up of epic proportion for Mr. SM-Tool Taj...!!
                      enjoy the very likely Thrilling Roller Coaster Ride of WCQ22..!! lets all hope and prey that it @ least ends on a high note..!!

Comment

Taj is significantly better than kaffashian.

The facilities upgrades, friendlies, and prep have all been better under him.

Because of CQ and Taj, TM now has a modern training complex/ facilities, when before taj we didnt even have good enough grass fields to play on.

Additionally, Taj reduced the number of teams in PGL when he was in charge of the league, which also helped our football.

Considering the circumstances in Iran, I think Taj has performed miracles. I am much more confident in Wilmots with the selection of his staff. He has obviously chosen well qualified individuals.
                        AKP Parti, Turkiye - Haj Bernie Sandersoglu

Comment

Originally posted by beri486 View Post
                          That's the way you get respect from the fans and the players.

What a breath of fresh air for TM after so many years of being put down!
                          I'm excited about Wilmots but how is this so different to the words his predecessor said when taking over "I will not just fight for Team Melli, I will fight for the people of Iran"

Comment

Originally posted by DR Strangemoosh View Post
                            I'm excited about Wilmots but how is this so different to the words his predecessor said when taking over "I will not just fight for Team Melli, I will fight for the people of Iran"
                            this kid is trolling with such a comment - CQ has said in 100s of interviews about how conencted he is with iranian ppl. just look at my sig - the second I read that tid bit prior to the 2014 WC I shed tears reading his comments. nobody was more about the ppl than CQ was. thats what kept him in iran past 2014
                            Team Meli Iran
                            Perspolis FC
                            Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Originally posted by Ghermez Agha View Post
                              this kid is trolling with such a comment - CQ has said in 100s of interviews about how conencted he is with iranian ppl. just look at my sig - the second I read that tid bit prior to the 2014 WC I shed tears reading his comments. nobody was more about the ppl than CQ was. thats what kept him in iran past 2014
                              I know man, I just feel that people need to call this out.

It might be trolling for you or I, but there are lots of people who follow certain PP social media accounts on instagram and facebook who seem to subscribe to this.

Comment

Is it possible to reopen Wilmots official thread?

Btw : https://www.dhnet.be/sports/football...78e27796b18bb1

Comment

Working...
                                X