This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ali Doust View Post
    why would it not be safe? If its because of protests, Hong Kong had much worse protests and they were able to host.
    Don't look for any logic. Saudis and slaves (Bahrain, Kuwait, UAE...) wanted it, they got it.

The vote is on Wednesday - lobbying will have no effect. It will be a done deal because all the ExCo people are Saudi stooges.

Comment

Do you guys live under rocks? It’s not hard to understand why Iran wouldn’t be deemed safe right now come on people. Stop trying to always point the finger and victimize ourselves just look at where it has gotten us.....
      Team Meli Iran
      Perspolis FC
      Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Iran says it's been banned from hosting international soccer

https://www.yahoo.com/news/iran-says...173342858.html

TEHRAN, Iran (AP) — Iran's soccer federation said Friday it has been told it will not be hosting any international matches on Iranian soil.

The federation said it received a letter from the Asian Football Confederation saying that all matches involving Iranian teams will be held in a third country.

The Iranians did not say if any reason was given or if the decision is related to the accidental shoot down of a Ukrainian jetliner last week, which killed all 176 people on board.

The AFC did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

“Iran is fully ready to host various teams as it has repeatedly proven during the past several years," Amirmahdi Alavi, a spokesman for the Iranian federation, was quoted as saying by the semi-official Mehr news agency.

He pointed to Iran's hosting of the 2018 AFC Champions League final at Azadi Stadium in the capital, Tehran, as an example. He also said the Sports Ministry has provided the required security guarantees to the AFC.

Iran's federation, which has four teams in the AFC Champions League, said it would meet with AFC officials to express its opposition to the decision.

Last season the Iranian teams played Saudi teams in the United Arab Emirates. the Saudi teams did not travel to Iran because the two countries severed diplomatic relations in 2016.

Iran's Revolutionary Guard accidentally shot the Ukrainian flight down on Jan. 8 as it was expecting a counterattack after firing several missiles at U.S. troops in Iraq. The missile attack was retaliation for the killing of Iran's top general in a U.S. airstrike.

Iranian officials initially blamed the crash on a technical problem and only admitted responsibility three days later, after Western leaders said there was mounting evidence the plane was brought down by a surface-to-air missile.

Comment

These remaining qualification matches will be a crazy and intense ride considering all the shit we're going through...I'm holding my breath.

Comment

Originally posted by diz View Post
            Iran says it's been banned from hosting international soccer

https://www.yahoo.com/news/iran-says...173342858.html

TEHRAN, Iran (AP) — Iran's soccer federation said Friday it has been told it will not be hosting any international matches on Iranian soil.

The federation said it received a letter from the Asian Football Confederation saying that all matches involving Iranian teams will be held in a third country.

The Iranians did not say if any reason was given or if the decision is related to the accidental shoot down of a Ukrainian jetliner last week, which killed all 176 people on board.

The AFC did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

“Iran is fully ready to host various teams as it has repeatedly proven during the past several years," Amirmahdi Alavi, a spokesman for the Iranian federation, was quoted as saying by the semi-official Mehr news agency.

He pointed to Iran's hosting of the 2018 AFC Champions League final at Azadi Stadium in the capital, Tehran, as an example. He also said the Sports Ministry has provided the required security guarantees to the AFC.

Iran's federation, which has four teams in the AFC Champions League, said it would meet with AFC officials to express its opposition to the decision.

Last season the Iranian teams played Saudi teams in the United Arab Emirates. the Saudi teams did not travel to Iran because the two countries severed diplomatic relations in 2016.

Iran's Revolutionary Guard accidentally shot the Ukrainian flight down on Jan. 8 as it was expecting a counterattack after firing several missiles at U.S. troops in Iraq. The missile attack was retaliation for the killing of Iran's top general in a U.S. airstrike.

Iranian officials initially blamed the crash on a technical problem and only admitted responsibility three days later, after Western leaders said there was mounting evidence the plane was brought down by a surface-to-air missile.
            If true, than forget about qualifying to the world cup...

Comment

Who cares. If we can't beat Iraq and Bahrain on neutral soil, we don't deserve to qualify for the finals in 2022.

Comment

Fuck sakes things just went from bad to worse..

I won't be able to deal with us not going to the world cup..

Comment

Originally posted by Camran khan View Post
                  Fuck sakes things just went from bad to worse..

I won't be able to deal with us not going to the world cup..
                  Is it worth all the stress? So that we get knocked out of the group stage again? I'm getting pretty fed up with all the freaking drama that goes with TM. It is such an emotional roller coaster. Two years ago we were hopeful of possibly beating Spain and Portugal, now here we are losing to Bahrain and Iraq.

Comment

Originally posted by tmfan View Post
                    Who cares. If we can't beat Iraq and Bahrain on neutral soil, we don't deserve to qualify for the finals in 2022.
                    Exactly....thank you
                    Team Meli Iran
                    Perspolis FC
                    Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

There was a time around 2015, were we had CQ and the new signed Atom Deal. I saw the light coming to release us Iranians from darkness, the light taking us back to our glorious times, but then came Trump and shortly after darkness again, stronger and darker than ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Philosophy_King View Post
                        There was a time around 2015, were we had CQ and the new signed Atom Deal. I saw the light coming to release us Iranians from darkness, the light taking us back to our glorious times, but then came Trump and shortly after darkness again, stronger and darker than ever.
                        Are you sure ?

Since 2015 till today nothing changed. Only the whole dirty truth comes out. Iran is just as corrupt as it used to be and is still catastrophically governed in ALL levels (Society, Education, Sports, ...). The core of our problem must finally be solved.

Comment

Originally posted by Shojaei88 View Post
                          Are you sure ?

Since 2015 till today nothing changed. Only the whole dirty truth comes out. Iran is just as corrupt as it used to be and is still catastrophically governed in ALL levels (Society, Education, Sports, ...). The core of our problem must finally be solved.
                          I agree with you, Iran is a mess in every single aspect. What wanted to say with my post is this, after Sarif was able to work out the Nuclear-Deal with US, Europe and Russia, there was hope for me that Western Know-how and Companies would enter our country which would def. improve economy but also daily education. Also in 2015 CQ was with us and we had some organization in TM, therefore there was hope for the better. But after the Deal was skipped by Trump things became worse.

Comment

Does anyone know if we will for sure play our games against Hong Kong, Bahrain and Iraq in a neutral ground or is it just speculations for the moment?

I can't find anything on the AFC website and I find it hard to believe that Iran is dangerous enough to not be able to host a few football matches.

We are absolutely fucked if this is the case.

Comment

Originally posted by Ghormesabzi View Post
                              Does anyone know if we will for sure play our games against Hong Kong, Bahrain and Iraq in a neutral ground or is it just speculations for the moment?

I can't find anything on the AFC website and I find it hard to believe that Iran is dangerous enough to not be able to host a few football matches.

We are absolutely fucked if this is the case.
                              likely to be played in iran, fifa decision and not afc

Comment

we wont make it to world cup even if we can host. we wont make it in the next round. iranian coaches cant do shit. but the ban help iranian clubs for few reason
                                1. both ss and pp coaches are new
                                2. the trips for nuetral country is expensive, clubs in iran all are broke.
                                3. they will get embarrased, you remmber the 6-1 when al-ain hammered ss.
                                hence now is a great time for iranian club to boycot for them self.

Comment

Working...
                                X