Confirmed! Iran will play Canada on June 5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by taremiscores View Post

به گزارش سايت رسمى فدراسيون فوتبال تيم ملى ايران بر اساس توافق صورت گرفته با فدراسيون فوتبال كانادا پنجم ماه ژوئن ١٥ خرداد در شهر ونكوور برابر تيم ملى اين كشور نخستين ديدار تداركاتى خودش را پيش از حضور در مسابقات جام جهانى ٢٠٢٢ برگزار مى كند

فدراسيون فوتبال پس از قطعى نمودن اين مسابقه به دنبال توافق با برخى از كشورها به منظور انجام دومين بازى تداركاتى در فيفا دى پيش روى خواهد بود.

http://ffiri.ir/fa/news/11812/%D9%83...88%D9%88%D8%B1
    This is the most logical friendly arranged by IFF to date. Actually has potential to help us in WC. Shame it's in BC though.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk
    Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

I have the worst luck ever, can’t make it due to a wedding I have to go to

It would be a big shame if we cannot get one more friendly for this camp but everyone looks fully booked, Albania is truly our only hope for another decent friendly if we can get them in before we play Canada.
      Team Meli Iran
      Perspolis FC
      Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Originally posted by taremiscores View Post
        It says Iran is trying to organize another friendly there? Which other teams can they organize a friendly with?
        Isn't Albania the other choice?

Comment

Great friendly!!! Hoping people in the area along with the Seattle area all pack the stadium and show the Canadians what's up!!!

Comment

Tickets on Sale on Ticket Master. The presale has already started for the CanadaRed+Gold members. Presale will continue for other tiers until Saturday 10am PST, at which point it will be open to everyone.

Comment

Great news! Imagine Eustaquio vs Taremi both Porto players. I have seen them hugging after matches in Portugal. Eustaquio might have some influence in organizing this friendly.

Comment

Originally posted by O-ZoNe View Post
                This is the most logical friendly arranged by IFF to date. Actually has potential to help us in WC. Shame it's in BC though.

Same here. I was hopping it would be played in Toronto.

Comment

Originally posted by PrinceAli View Post
                  Some of the comments on the Canadian Tweet are so embarrassing. The anti IR guys are being too loud. Embarrassing our country even more

Mixing politics and sports smh
                  I didn't read the tweet's comments yet, but maybe they were angry about Ukraine International Airlines Flight 752?

Comment

Great news! A glimmer of hope

I wish they had it in Toronto. Too far for me since I have other overseas trips planned around the same time.

It will be great if the second friendly is held in Toronto. Crossing my fingers. Hoping they could get a south or central American team to come to Toronto for that.

Go TM!

Comment

Originally posted by bozghaleh View Post
                      They are entitled to do that. I personally view TM as separate from IR and support the boys, but some (like Hamed Esameelion) lost his wife and daughter to IR, so I can understand if he against anything official from the country. The only ones who should be embarrassed are the IR leaders.
                      I view sports similar to an exchange of cultures. It's about the people not the politics. Mixing sports and politics is disgusting...I don't support banning Russia for political reasons either. When MKO idiots invaded stadiums in France I was just as disgusted. You want to make a statement of a political nature then find a political venue or agency to protest in front of.

Imagine if people protesting in an art gallery damaged ancient artifacts or priceless arts. Now ask yourself how damaging our athletes self esteem, confidence, and pride is any different. Those athletes represent us and our culture...not the politicians protestors should be aiming for.

Comment

should be an easy win

Comment

I view sports similar to an exchange of cultures. It's about the people not the politics. Mixing sports and politics is disgusting...I don't support banning Russia for political reasons either. When MKO idiots invaded stadiums in France I was just as disgusted. You want to make a statement of a political nature then find a political venue or agency to protest in front of.
                          Imagine if people protesting in an art gallery damaged ancient artifacts or priceless arts. Now ask yourself how damaging our athletes self esteem, confidence, and pride is any different. Those athletes represent us and our culture...not the politicians protestors should be aiming for.
                          Whenever there is an Iran event that some identify as IR (I don't, TM belongs to all Iranians and no specific government) in a foreign country where there is a sizable Iranian diaspora community you will have challenges like this. I am hoping that whatever happens is peaceful and out of sight.

Go TM!

Comment

I think you would have to walk in his shoes before passing judgement, something hopefully you never have to.
                            زن زندگی آزادی

Comment

Originally posted by bozghaleh View Post
                              I think you would have to walk in his shoes before passing judgement, something hopefully you never have to.
                              Good advice since you do not know an iota of my own personal story. Also not sure who you are referring to as my comment was a general one about sports and politics.

Comment

Yea cool. Now I want other friendlies. At least two more in this window.

Comment

Working...
                                X