Iran vs Uzbekistan 9/11/2018 Match Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sirvan View Post
    We badly need Sardar Azmoun, without him our productivity in front of the goal drops by 90% or so
    ABSOLUTLY NOT, time to move on, he doesn’t want to wear TM colors his done. CQ will no longer invite him. Lets cheer for those players that want to play for their country and are mature enough to know not to read social media comments from a bunch of useless fans.
    He chooses to quit. TIME TO MOVE ON PEOPLE.

Comment

Originally posted by The View Post
      LMFAO, Y'all need to stop acting like this Dollar store Ali Daei is the end all be all of Iranian strikers. Not much would have been different if we had Azmoun up there today.
      Can you believe this guy?

Ofcourse there is your meaningless opinion, and then there is something called statistics. I suggest you look up Azmoun's stats for TM. But then again.. what else can we expect from the guy who claims that Ezatolahi is nothing more than a slightly faster version of Maziar Zare . No mate, you don't get to LMFAO, i do (everytime i read your posts).

Comment

Originally posted by mehdiKia15 View Post
        ABSOLUTLY NOT, time to move on, he doesn’t want to wear TM colors his done. CQ will no longer invite him. Lets cheer for those players that want to play for their country and are mature enough to know not to read social media comments from a bunch of useless fans.
        He chooses to quit. TIME TO MOVE ON PEOPLE.
        You don't get to decide, Queiroz and Azmoun do, and something tells me he'll be back for the Asian Cup, and rightly so

Comment

Originally posted by sirvan View Post
          Can you believe this guy?

Ofcourse there is your meaningless opinion, and then there is something called statistics. I suggest you look up Azmoun's stats for TM. But then again.. what else can we expect from the guy who claims that Ezatolahi is nothing more than a slightly faster version of Maziar Zare . No mate, you don't get to LMFAO, i do (everytime i read your posts).
          Yea, all those goals he scored in the world cup. How can I forget?

Meaningless opinion is watching the game today and coming to the conclusion that Sardar, Kaveh or anybody else would drastically change the outcome of the game. You know, considering that the striker didn't get much service. Maybe two decent chances at best (Ashkan's cross, JB's shot-pass).

Comment

The Sardar talk needs calming. The majority know he's a class above the rest and we need him and there's a few butthurt people who he presumably bullied during school. Either way, there seems to be little value in discussing the topic, neither side is gonna give way.

Comment

Originally posted by Taz View Post
              The Sardar talk needs calming. The majority know he's a class above the rest and we need him and there's a few butthurt people who he presumably bullied during school. Either way, there seems to be little value in discussing the topic, neither side is gonna give way.
              Didn't stop you from posting about it, though. [emoji23]

In all seriousness, as far as him not showing up to camp for this game, there's no way he didn't have a discussion with CQ. I'm sure he got the okay to skip it, we already know what he can do against the likes of Uzbekistan.

If he's at the Asia Cup, then great. He's a great player and we can use him. If he's not, then we move forward. We've moved on from bigger talents than Sardar and no one player is bigger than this team.

Comment

Meaningless opinion is watching the game today and coming to the conclusion that Sardar, Kaveh or anybody else would drastically change the outcome of the game. You know, considering that the striker didn't get much service. Maybe two decent chances at best (Ashkan's cross, JB's shot-pass).
                This is a stupid argument. Giroud did not score at the World Cup too and just yesterday he broke Zidane record. There are more factors needed to be taken into consideration than oh he just did not score.

Comment

Folks give Sarda argument a rest por favor. He is and has not been part of TM in 2 months. Why his name keeps being brought up in all Iranian football related threads? Faghat moonde in General forum's "General Donald Trump" thread raajebe Sardar khaale zanak baazi dar biyaarim.

We just finished our first friendly game after WC, won and played beautifully. There are so many positive and heart warming topics we can talk about today's match and win, yet we're bashing the kid, while arguing with one another.

Both Rexha joon and Margot joon say should anyone proceed with Sardar arguments, they will both spank you harder than you can imagine!

Comment

we were good agaist uzbekistan, however vouria was poor in my opnion,and masoud was again slow

Comment

hey guys i could unfortunately not watch the game due to wokr but just watched a 15 min highlight video on youtube . I know it is not the same as watching the complete game live on tv but i am trying to get an opinion of the game. I read party of the thread and also trying to rate amirs performance in goals and especially his a little risky exits.

Yes they looked and were risky but he was always successfull and won the ball or cleared it in all occasions except for that last chance which almost went into goal but that was " just" miscalculating the cross. We have this saying that if the GK leaves his goal he has to have it otherwise its is his mistkake. Although his exits were risky he always got the ball. It reminded me of manuel neuers performance against algeria in 2014 WC where he was amazing in his exits and acted like an 11 field player. I agree that sometimes amirs exits were maybe a little to much and it looked like he tried to really rove himself with outstanding actions but this is modern GK play, To anticipate situations and be part of the game and be able to read situations well and take part in the game and this is what amir did today i think with his actions. he is a different kind of GK than beiro, a bit more modern also cuz he plays in europe and learns maybe a little different GK game where the keeper is part of the game and does not just kick out the ball blindly into the sky. I thinkamir can become soon a serious competitor to beiro...lets see.

Comment

I watched the highlights. RIP to our opponents in January...

Comment

Wow what a transformation in such a quick time. The moth is turning into a butterfly and it’s brilliant colours are appearing. This was a completely different game plan and execution to that of TM at the WC. You could exactly see what the team had been drilled to do in this game as we prepare for the Asia Cup. And how well it was executed, especially in the 2nd half. At times you’d wouldn’t believe it is TM, such light paced one touch passes, such ball control, such silky touches, so much movement and options available, it felt like it was a training ground drill. Even when the Uzbeks dropped back and defended in numbers TM still retained the ball well and wasn’t afraid to play the ball in tight spaces with the physical Uzbeks. Sure finishing could improve but what I saw was very encouraging.

CQ has something good in the making, he now has the personnels to boss the pitch from the defence to the oppositions 18 yard box. if he gets the friendlies and support Iran will be unstoppable during the Asia Cup... woooohoooo!

Comment

Originally posted by Keano View Post
                            Folks give Sarda argument a rest por favor. He is and has not been part of TM in 2 months. Why his name keeps being brought up in all Iranian football related threads? Faghat moonde in General forum's "General Donald Trump" thread raajebe Sardar khaale zanak baazi dar biyaarim.

We just finished our first friendly game after WC, won and played beautifully. There are so many positive and heart warming topics we can talk about today's match and win, yet we're bashing the kid, while arguing with one another.

Both Rexha joon and Margot joon say should anyone proceed with Sardar arguments, they will both spank you harder than you can imagine!
                            It's because despite all the name calling and childish behavior and comments that Sardar can go to hell and we don't need him the majority of people want him back in the team and are b-hurt that he has quit TM.

Otherwise why waste time and effort to keep bringing it up....

Comment

It's important to note that quick start from the back and speedy transition to forwards to create chances was part of the drills even before the WC (see CQ's comments after Turkey friendly and highlights of the friendly against Algeria). It's just that CQ had to adjust how often it was attempted and it's dependence on how far back TM had to defend based on who we were facing. We did more of it against Morocco and least of it against Spain. What we saw in the second half was a largely young group of committed guys who were told to do it many more times and our center backs sat closer to the middle of the pitch with Milad and Sadegh playing more like wing backs. We shall see the same adjustments in AC depending on the opponents we are playing yet I expect to see many more halves like the second half agains Uzbekistan.

Comment

Again his stats show that he makes a great impact (scoring many many goals as already at 23 he's our 5th all time goalscorer) when playing for TM. No Iranian striker comes even near him. Focusing only on his three world cup games against the likes of Spain and Portugal, where he did well, but just didn't score, is a silly and childish way to evaluate his input for TM. He has to be evaluated for all his work, which again his stats show us that he's done outstanding.

Comment

Working...
                                X