No announcement yet.

Alireza Jahanbakhsh @ Brighton & Hove Albion | 2018-2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not really expecting a BHA win, but I do expect an ARJ start and hope for a good performance. I would take an ARJ goal over a BHA win any day.

Comment

Originally posted by Perseus View Post
      https://www.worldfootball.net/table_...remier-league/

Cardiff City need to win against both Brighton and Burnley to have a good chance of avoiding the drop. It was been done before. 4 points and Cardiff still have a sporting chance.

Otherwise, 38 points should be enough?
      Traditionally yes.

Comment

do we know starting line ups yet?
        links ?

Comment

Originally posted by perspolis#1 View Post
          Traditionally yes.
          Just thinking how many points Cardiff can get?

https://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/matches/fixtures/

It is conceivable that Cardiff could get four wins* and make a miracle escape with 40 points. That means they will have to win away at Burnley and Brighton coming up very soon. (* It has been done before in worst circumstances! Brighton did it in 1980-81)

Sunderland had 3 wins and 3 draws from their last 6 matches in 2015-66 sending Newcastle United down instead.

Comment

Originally posted by BacheLot View Post
            do we know starting line ups yet?
            links ?
            Nothing from BHA yet.

But Jahanbakhsh posted this:
            https://twitter.com/Alirezajb7/statu...70318532489217

Comment

ARJ starting!!!!
              So is Andone and March!

Comment

JB starting:

Comment

Thank god Knocky has finally been dropped. Hopefully Jb can play on the right now.

Comment

I assume CH wants to rotate some players, but I am confused by some of his selections.

I don't understand benching Bernardo. He's BHA's best full-back, in my opinion. Smart, defensively and technically sound, physical. JB also has a good connection with him. I hope JB plays on the right so he doesn't play with Bong.

Also, March for Knocky is somewhat confusing too. March doesn't really offer anything, at least Knocky has the ability to break a defense down or create something out of nothing. BHA has problems coming forward and this change makes them even more defensive and lacking options coming forward. Perhaps that's part of CH's plan for this match, remains to be seen..

Comment

Some exciting parking of the bus will be happening.

Comment

Originally posted by KasraKhan View Post
                        I assume CH wants to rotate some players, but I am confused by some of his selections.

I don't understand benching Bernardo. He's BHA's best full-back, in my opinion. Smart, defensively and technically sound, physical. JB also has a good connection with him. I hope JB plays on the right so he doesn't play with Bong.

Also, March for Knocky is somewhat confusing too. March doesn't really offer anything, at least Knocky has the ability to break a defense down or create something out of nothing. BHA has problems coming forward and this change makes them even more defensive and lacking options coming forward. Perhaps that's part of CH's plan for this match, remains to be seen..
                        From what I've seen March seems to be pretty good at getting corners... Almost everytime he plays he atleast wins one or two corners, which I think could be a good thing against a strong team.

Comment

Originally posted by happydoggo View Post
                          From what I've seen March seems to be pretty good at getting corners... Almost everytime he plays he atleast wins one or two corners, which I think could be a good thing against a strong team.
                          True, but I don't think that's by design. March lacks any sort of creativity or separation so anytime he tries to play a ball, it smacks into the defender and goes out for a corner.

But you do make a good point, set plays are so integral to BHA scoring that this may coincidentally boost March's value.

Comment

Originally posted by KasraKhan View Post
                            True, but I don't think that's by design. March lacks any sort of creativity or separation so anytime he tries to play a ball, it smacks into the defender and goes out for a corner.

But you do make a good point, set plays are so integral to BHA scoring that this may coincidentally boost March's value.
                            We think exactly the same, I don't think he wins corners on talent, rather accidentally :P But this might pan out better for us.

Comment

Anyone knows where to watch ?

Comment

Chelsea vs Brighton & Hove Albion

Locadia picked to start but picked up a late injury. Very pleased that Bruno starts (needed!) and Bong is a fraction better defender than Bernardo. Good to see Andone, although I suspect Locadia would have got the starting nod if he was fit?

Chelsea nearly at full strength. Alonso is missing. Emerson instead at left back. Chelsea might see this as a "must win". Willian is not chosen.

Smash 'n grab performance like Leicester achieved, needed.

Hazard caused all the damage at the Amex.

Listening it on the local radio as I haven't got a stream. There must be one!

Brighton have never beaten Chelsea at Stamford Bridge. Lost every game: 4.

Comment

Working...
                                X