Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why aren't there any clubs in Northern Tehran?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why aren't there any clubs in Northern Tehran?

Most football crazy metropolises have multiple major teams, which hail from different neighborhoods. Sure a lot of big clubs come from working class areas, but there is always a big team or two from the wealthy areas.

Northern Tehran and Shemiran has a massive (mostly relatively wealthy) population. It houses some of the most developed neighborhoods in the country. Yet there is not and has not been a professional team with a stadium based there for a long time (or possibly ever).

What do you think are the factors which have prevented a North Tehran team?
    Last edited by The; 09-01-2020, 12:40 PM.

bunch of bache soosools, they dgaf about football. Too busy going to Canada, driving around boxters, and investing in their cologne portfolio.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by kapenak View Post
      bunch of bache soosools, they dgaf about football. Too busy going to Canada, driving around boxters, and investing in their cologne portfolio.
      They only make a small portion of the population.
      I grew up in the of outskirts of northern Tehran, and everyone around was a football fans. Mostly working class people, and even among the rich family, a lot of people followed football.
      Also, Qatar, UAE ,etc... Are filled with even soosooler kids who care about gold plated cars and stuff, yet there are major football teams in different districts of their big cities. So that theory doesn't hold up really.

Comment

Originally posted by The View Post
        They only make a small portion of the population.
        I grew up in the of outskirts of northern Tehran, and everyone around was a football fans. Mostly working class people, and even among the rich family, a lot of people followed football.
        Also, Qatar, UAE ,etc... Are filled with even soosooler kids who care about gold plated cars and stuff, yet there are major football teams in different districts of their big cities. So that theory doesn't hold up really.
        to be fair it is true to an extent. im one of the only people in my family who actually plays and enjoys football. when i was little and i went to visit my family (who basically all live in northern tehran) i told them that i like to play football. i shit you not that half the room gasped out of shock except for 2 of my cousins and my uncle. my aunt was “outraged” and was telling me that football was too rough of a sport and i should be playing tennis. boro baba [emoji23]

Comment

With four clubs Tehran is well represented, Pas Tehran used to be a great club as well but they moved to Hamedan and now they play in the Azadegan league.

Northern Tehran is not really suited to build a stadium on due to its geography, so that's probably the main reason. I used to live in north Tehran (Niavaran) for about four months and no way i can see them building a stadium in that area, it's nearly impossible to pull that off. Besides it doesn't matter, a talented footballer from north Tehran will probably end up in one of these four clubs, so he has to take a longer ride with the car/taxi/bus to get to his work.

Comment

Most football crazy metropolises have multiple major teams, which hail from different neighborhoods. Sure a lot of big clubs come from working class areas, but there is always a big team or two from the wealthy areas.

Northern Tehran and Shemiran has a massive (mostly relatively wealthy) population. It houses some of the most developed neighborhoods in the country. Yet there is not and has not been a professional team with a stadium based there for a long time (or possibly ever).

What do you think are the factors which have prevented a North Tehran team?

The old generation did play football. Guys like Kalani who are original North Tehranis, not just people who moved there because they have money, are very much into sports. However, the newer generations of people in North Tehran generally live too comfortable of a life to actually be any good at football.
            They also look down on it, or worse they're Euro football snobs.

Comment

This is mostly due to the fact that football in Iran was tied to industry rather than location from the very beginning. With he exception of a few clubs, the vast majority of Iranian clubs don't have roots in neighborhoods or districts. Compare Persepolis, Esteghlal, and Pas, the three biggest clubs in Tehran historically, to Besiktas, Galatasaray, and Fenerbahce in Istanbul. All of those are districts. Galatasaray is around the Beyoglu/Taksim area, Besiktas is a relatively upper-middle class suburb, and Fenerbahce is a district on the Asian side of Istanbul.

In my opinion, this is one of the main weaknesses of football in our country and the main reason why teams like Paykan, Saipa, Zob Ahan (although they have a decent fanbase), and the countless number of other industrial teams exist.

Comment

Also, Qatar, UAE ,etc... Are filled with even soosooler kids w
                Well done sir, I believe you just took Finglish to the next level!

Comment

football is to keep the poor plebs busy. They are busy running things.

Comment

Working...
                  X