Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WINFRIED SCHAEFER Appreciation Thread!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WINFRIED SCHAEFER Appreciation Thread!!!

OK, this is highly controversial as it comes from a PP fan!

BUT for the sake of the quality of Eye-Ranian Football, the man has done an amazing job at SS till now both in domestic league (luckily beating their sarvars at the derby... how dare he? ) but also amazingly at AFC club championships so far.
    I am really impressed, and also happy for the league as a whole (and yeah for SS too )

He was a great player in Germany in the 70ies, and also a good coach at Karlsruher SC, where I got to know his name in end 80ies.

As I understand SS has still not made up their mind to extend his contract. FOR GOD SAKE, and I am talking not only for SS, but for whole PGL and Eye-Ranian Football, EXTEND THE MAN's CONTRACT!!!

Show support for Winnie!
    SCHAEFER SHIREEHH
    0%
    SCHAEFER, DOOSET DARIM!
    0%
    CHECK OUT OUR FORUM RULES HERE: http://www.persianfootball.com/forums/faq.php

Don't Select Players That Suit Your Tactics; Select A Tactic That Suits Your Players !!!

Not a big loss if he leaves, Ghalenoi is always available XD

Comment

I hope SS keep him at least for another season or two.

The team has had a fantastic turnaround and is playing solidly in all aspects.

As we see even average/decent quality foreign coaches have a great impact on the quality of our league.
      AKP Parti, Turkiye - Haj Bernie Sandersoglu

Comment

Good thread.

Talk has to turn into action. Something nice needs to be done for him so that he knows the fans care. LEAVE IFF out of this.

One or two members should take the lead and collect notes, gifts, etc. to present to him. He deserves it.
        چو ایران نباشد تن من مباد

Comment

German managing compensates Iranian football, it was obvious from Day 1 he was going to bring results because he was a fairly notable manager/player. It was also clear that Mame Baba Thiam was going to kill it in the Leauge/ACL because we were doing something we don't like: SPENDING MONEY!!!

Comment

If Queiroz leaves, I hope he is one of the candidates to replace him. Fantastic character as a person and great coach.

Comment

Originally posted by KeonKish View Post
              I hope SS keep him at least for another season or two.
              The team has had a fantastic turnaround and is playing solidly in all aspects.
              As we see even average/decent quality foreign coaches have a great impact on the quality of our league.
              Agree.
              At Karlsruhe, which was an average German team, he did an amazing job too. Throughout 90ies I always considered him as a solid and decent coach.
              But you have to leave past behind and judge people on what and how they do today, and the man has done just great so far.
              Doesn't happen very often in our league, signing a decent European coach who actually delivers and doesn't want to leave immediately after experiencing the state of our football.
              For the sake of our football, I really hope SS extends his contract. It will only do our football good.

Don't Select Players That Suit Your Tactics; Select A Tactic That Suits Your Players !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Adesor Vafaseya View Post
                Doesn't happen very often in our league, signing a decent European coach who actually delivers and doesn't want to leave immediately after experiencing the state of our football.
                Well he came from Jamaica, where THIS is the quality of their training facilities and equipment. So Esteghlal is definitely a huge step up in terms of state of football!!!

Comment

Originally posted by DJ Alborz View Post
                  Well he came from Jamaica, where THIS is the quality of their training facilities and equipment. So Esteghlal is definitely a huge step up in terms of state of football!!!
                  He didn't just started in Jamaica. He came from GERMAN BUNDESLIGA coaching in the top tier league from 1986 till 2001 with 3 different clubs! Later coaching/improving Cameroon at the World Cup and afterwards coaching Jamaica for 3 years where they reached the final of Gold Cup beating USA on their way to final.
                  (he also coached Al Ahli and Al Ain, so understands AFC quite well)

Its a huge step forward for us!

But as I said in my earlier post, one should not judge people by their history, but by what and how they perform today, and so far he did great with SS.
                  Last edited by Adesor Vafaseya; 03-12-2018, 01:18 AM.

Comment

Transforming Esteghlal in a matter of 2 months with all the pressure that comes with handling the Sorkhabi clubs is commendable. The change is very noticeable when Esteghlal is on the pitch. Al Hilal were completely thrown off by Esteghlal and could not answer back. Esteghlal has their number and finished the job with ease. Schafer has brought Esteghlal back to the top in a short period of time. He also seems to have a good attitude and real love/passion for Iranian fans. I mean for him to say that in all the years he has coached he has never seen so much passion in a stadium until he started coaching Esteghlal is pretty important.

Anyways, I wish Esteghlal the best today. I’m waking up to watch this match live. I hope they beat Al Ain and send them back down to join their brothers Al Hilal.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoorad View Post
                      German managing compensates Iranian football, it was obvious from Day 1 he was going to bring results because he was a fairly notable manager/player. It was also clear that Mame Baba Thiam was going to kill it in the Leauge/ACL because we were doing something we don't like: SPENDING MONEY!!!
                      Spending money with an idea behind it. That's more important than just spend money.
                      During pre-season, they signed Shahbazzadeh, Beitsaeid and Jabbari for over 1b Toman, but none of them could impress.

Comment

I am a big fan of Schaefer. He has not only turned SS around, but all around, he is a great guy and many people in the league respect him.
                        He doesn't cause in trouble like Branko did with CQ. He engages well with fans and truly loves Iran.

ALL HAIL WINNIE!

Comment

Originally posted by 04041374 View Post
                          Spending money with an idea behind it. That's more important than just spend money.
                          During pre-season, they signed Shahbazzadeh, Beitsaeid and Jabbari for over 1b Toman, but none of them could impress.
                          Yes, I forgot to mention European quality. Both were slighlty notable before their purchase.

Comment

What Schafer has been able to do for Esteghlal is tremendous and very few managers can step into a situation (with a big club like Esteghlal) and get it back up on its feet as fast as he did. Making Hosseini the #1, bringing in thiam, and giving opportunities to younger players are a few of many dif things he has done that most Iranian coaches wouldn’t have. Damesh garm I hope he doesn’t leave and more importantly I hope Esteghlal management knows they need to do whatever they can to keep him!
                            Team Meli Iran
                            Perspolis FC
                            Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

I was routing for SS today, of course outside the domestic league there is no Blue or Red for me. I must say I liked the game flow. Team looks much more solid than before!

Comment

Working...
                              X