Iran vs South Korea post match discussion and player ratings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Iran vs South Korea post match discussion and player ratings

Weird game.. Iran honestly had the better chances besides a few horrible giveaways and defensive lapses. Still, 1-1 is an OK result considering we are top of the leaderboard right now

Post your ratings below:

Skocic: 4.5, to be honest, skocic left a lot to be desired in this game. There was no defensive structure nor was there any great attacking strategies. Got bailed out by brilliance from Azmoun and ARJ

Beiranvand: 8, thought he had a good game. Good exits and couldn't do much on the goal he conceded. That save at the end thanks to horrible defending from Shoja and a poor giveaway from Moharrami saved us.

Moharrami: 3, absolutely woeful all game. So many poor passes and turnovers and was caught sleeping on the Son Heung-Min goal. Giveaway in the last minute almost lost us the game.

Shoja: 5, not his best day today. We knew he would have trouble against a more formidable defense and here it was.

Kanaani: 6, better than Shoja lol

Amiri: 6.5, hustled hard and played some good balls but couldn't really do much else

Nourollahi: 6.5, played decent tbh, had a great through ball to Taremi and got passed a korean defender near the goal but we still cannot rely on him. His first touch and game in tight spaces is not great.

Ezatolahi: 8.5, excellent game from Saeid! Controlled the midfield and had some great tackles, excellent technique and was unlucky not to score the goal that hit the crossbar. My MOTM

Gholizadeh: 5.5, invisible

ARJ: 7, first half he was pretty stiff and couldn't do much but man he is really on a good goal scoring form of late lol.. 3 goals in 4 team melli games.

Taremi: 8, such a tank. We are so lucky to have him, we love you Mehdi! Was getting pretty much triple teamed and still found a way to lead us on attack and even on defense! His long shot was also unlucky to not go in...

Azmoun: 7.5, good hustling and hold up play.. His assist to ARJ was a beauty! Reminded me of the Ghoddos
    assist to Azmoun against Vietnam in 2019 AC.

SUBS:
    Noorafkan: 4.5, pretty poor defensively. Definitely his worst team melli game yet.
    The rest N/A
    Last edited by Ghermez Agha; 10-12-2021, 09:03 AM.

Iran vs. Korea - Post-Match Discussion & Player Ratings

Guys,

given the huge chance in the last minute, I'm still happy with a draw.

Pros:
    - even though for only a short period of time (maybe 15-20 minutes), we did create some serious chances and hit the post twice
    - we usually suck at being behind (look at our 0-3 loss vs. Japan), but the players showed a great mentality and got back to the game
    - we still lead the group with 2 points ahead of Korea and have the highest chances of qualifying (that's what we're here for) - when was the last time we got 10 points out of the first 4 games while leading the table?
    - I've seen games where Korea dominated us. Granted, we didn't dominate them either (like the 1-0 in Azadi 5 years ago), but it wasn't a performance to be ashamed of

Cons:
    - I miss the days when our defense was a rock... PAG & Hosseini is the better duo in my opinion
    - we are not sharp enough at finishing (this is nothing specific to this game - just a general observation)
    - don't understand why Gholizadeh was subbed off that early
    - shame Ghoddos didn't get any minutes

In total, looking at the bigger picture: we should be very happy with our results so far. Look at what we were worrying about back in June (just 4 months ago): most of us were ready of not even making it to the next round. Fast forward: we are in the final round, leading the group with 10 points and never had such high chances of qualifying for the WC before.

Comment

Earlier before the game and after the lineups were out, I theorized that Scocic uses Jahanbaksh as a striker. I was proven right.

Guys, look don't look at Jahanbaksh as a winger, don't look at his first touch, or corners (which annoy me like most of you).

From now on, look at Jahanbaksh as a striker!

As a striker, he got us 1 point and took 2 points away from S. Korea, so I have to rate him as an 8!

3 goals in the third round. Leading goal scorer in AFC WCQ round 3!

Comment

Four months ago, we were third in a group that contained Bahrain and Iraq with three must wins to even make it to the next round of qualifiers. We were about to watch the WC at home.

Fast forward a few months, we won those 3 games and qualified to the next round and we now sit at the top of the final group - 8 points ahead of 3rd place, with our next two games against the two weakest teams - Syria and Lebanon.

Some of you just don't appreciate anything - we are not preparing for the world cup right now, we are trying to qualify and we are doing a good job at it.

Comment

Great game by Ezzat overall. A bit of confusion the first 20 min, but he was our best midfielder. If this guy just had a decent speed he could have played in world class level.

Sent from my MAR-LX3A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by CHaMiLLionaire View Post
            Four months ago, we were third in a group that contained Bahrain and Iraq with three must wins to even make it to the next round of qualifiers. We were about to watch the WC at home.

Fast forward a few months, we won those 3 games and qualified to the next round and we now sit at the top of the final group - 8 points ahead of 3rd place, with our next two games against the two weakest teams - Syria and Lebanon.

Some of you just don't appreciate anything - we are not preparing for the world cup right now, we are trying to qualify and we are doing a good job at it.
            Bc we were in a sh*t situation we should have never been in to begin with we should be happy we are in a less worse position???

Come on…..you’re lying to yourself if you actually are trying to imply that WCQs don’t play a role in prepping you for a WC especially in a time where there are no friendlies and just competitive matches. This is where the team gets primed and takes shape/builds a foundation for the WC which is around the corner.
            Team Meli Iran
            Perspolis FC
            Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

I dont know why but for some reason I always thought moharami was solid, Do we have any other RB option? he played horrible today and was at fault for the goal.
              Other than his poor perfromance and obviously Nurollahis poor performance, everyone else played well. 2 posts and dominated after Korea scored.
              WE ARE THE UNDER DOGS

Comment

If uae and iraq match end up with a draw, we are pretty much there with 2 wins vs Lebanon and draws in our remaining matches, or even losing to Korea.

Sent from my MAR-LX3A using Tapatalk

Comment

Beiranvand and Ezatolahi carried us this game. Taremi was good as well. Everyone else either didn't have a standout performance or had a poor performance, especially Moharrami who was abysmal.

Comment

Originally posted by Ghermez Agha View Post
                    Bc we were in a sh*t situation we should have never been in to begin with we should be happy we are in a less worse position???

Come on…..you’re lying to yourself if you actually are trying to imply that WCQs don’t play a role in prepping you for a WC especially in a time where there are no friendlies and just competitive matches. This is where the team gets primed and takes shape/builds a foundation for the WC which is around the corner.
                    Did you have an issue with the way we played today? Some nit picky items related to the subs - I agree...but overall, we had more dangerous chances and should've came away with a win. This is the same Korea that beat Germany 2-0. The only difference is their left midfielder.

Comment

Beiranvand-2 he was poor to many short passes and no long balls slow the tempo and what he was doing during Korea goal I think we need abedzadeh next game
                      Moharami -3 was poor play son on site and was not good
                      Shoja -3 slow as usual keep playing side way passes make mistakes
                      Kanani-5 not bad could have been better
                      amiri-2 what did he do in the game???
                      Nourollahi-4 not that good below average
                      Exatollahi-6 first half poor second half much better
                      Gholizadeh- 3 again another player what did he do???
                      Jahanbaksh- 7 was good tried and scored
                      Taremi -5 selfish player keep dribbling and not passing the ball overall he o lot think of him self in tm
                      Azmoun -7 poor guy got no service made his own Chances and had the assist he does not look happy with the formation he get no service
                      Subs
                      Nourafkhan-1 why he get invited to tm????he is useless absolutely useless came on and did nothing
                      Sarlak- no score ,came on 90 min
                      Ghaedi-no score came on 90mi
                      Coach
                      Skocich-0 what was the team plan????he could not defend and had no attacking creative player
                      He have ghoddos and don’t play and don’t make changes untill 90 min what exactly he is thinking is beyond me
                      He is just a yes man and is absolutely useless he has no tactic and can’t make desicion in tm

Comment

I miss pouraligangi...

Comment

Beiro - Still shake when he gets the ball, man shoot the damn ball away into the opponents half, too much risk.
                          Moharramo - How many balls did he lose today ?
                          Gholi - Didnt play well, at least he got subbed.
                          Noorafkan - Dont like him in general, would Mohammadi not be the better choice ?
                          Ezatolahi - Love the way he moves but its in slow motion, maybe he has overweight i dont know he looks too slow
                          Skocic - Bad subs, no subs ? Noroolahi could not walk anymore when he was subbed, why not use fresh players ??

Comment

Originally posted by Iranianarsenal11 View Post
                            I miss pouraligangi...
                            We need PAG back. In addition, I don't understand why Majid Hosseini, Pejman Montazeri and the rest of the defensive line from WC2018 hasn't got any consideration of being called up.

Comment

Originally posted by CHaMiLLionaire View Post
                              Did you have an issue with the way we played today? Some nit picky items related to the subs - I agree...but overall, we had more dangerous chances and should've came away with a win. This is the same Korea that beat Germany 2-0. The only difference is their left midfielder.
                              Can you explain to me what the tactic of the first half was? Or for that matter….plz go back and watch any first half performance under Skocic and explain to me what the hell the instruction was for the players and what we were trying to do. I’m really dying to know because I’m yet to hear or see someone explain it and only seeing other ppl ask the same question.

To me it looked like “Sardar and Mehdi go play around with each other up too and wait for some long balls and try and get lucky”

The biggest issue is he doesn’t have trust in his team and he showed that in the last two games with his lack of subs. In a game where creativity and goals were needed, he left our clear cut best midfielder on the bench FOR THE ENTIRE 90 MINS

Ghaedi, Torabi, saman, etc. all different attacking players who could have come on in both games and have a spirit ive impact. Today he waited until stoppage time to sub them in…..if that doesn’t tell you he was playing for a draw at home instead of bringing in fresh legs to go forward for the 3 points Idk what to tell you then.

I don’t agree we had better chances the three best chances of the game was the shot at the very end that beiro saved, son’s goal, and the ball into the box from nourolahi that Taremi flicked away instead of getting on target. The shots we had that hit the post were unlucky but they were not a result of a tactical instruction like a counter, set piece, build up, etc. He could have and should have given us more of a chance but again, he shows little faith in his team when at home he is playing for a draw
                              Team Meli Iran
                              Perspolis FC
                              Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Working...
                              X