Pre-Match discussions Lebanon-Iran and Syria-Iran

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by webmaster View Post
    I remember we played against Lebanon at their home during the Asian cup 2000. (yesterday it was the 21 year anniversary). They even had a couple of naturalized players, but we still won 4-0 in front of their crowd. Daei, Estili(2) and Bagheri scored for us in the opening match of the tournament.

Historically we have done well against them, so I am sure it will be leaning more towards Iran. But against their football hungry crowed, it will be somewhat hard but nothing Iranian footballers have not done before.
    Yes, I remember that game vividly. Lebanon made so much noise before the tournament and the media was raving about their naturalized South American players. Iran 4-0 just shut Lebanon enthusiasm down for the rest of the tournament.

That said, these arab teams all have a grunge against Iran. Even when they are on the bottom of the table and have no hope, they put whatever they have/can against Iran. Football or anti-football! We should always take these arabs seriously!!

Comment

Originally posted by webmaster View Post
      I remember we played against Lebanon at their home during the Asian cup 2000. (yesterday it was the 21 year anniversary). They even had a couple of naturalized players, but we still won 4-0 in front of their crowd. Daei, Estili(2) and Bagheri scored for us in the opening match of the tournament.

Historically we have done well against them, so I am sure it will be leaning more towards Iran. But against their football hungry crowed, it will be somewhat hard but nothing Iranian footballers have not done before.

that tournment that was our best tm ever
      and we should of won it all
      only weakness was GOALIE
      karim bagheri goal best i ever seen against s.k
      WHY WHY ALI DAIE decided to do a chilano in our own 6 feet missed the ball ....
      jalal talebi had no bussiness being our head coach.
      also khodada azizi problems started after this tournment and u can say that was his lat full time
      matches ever in tm , if we had him for 2002 wcq
      we would of qualified .
      ALSO we had star in progress mojahed khaziravi
      which eveeyone wanted him start over kia
      since kia was accused of saving his legs for his club at that time.
      thanks for bringing up 21 years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by mehdi13 View Post
        Yes. CQ gave opportunities to young players like Azmoun, Jahanbakhsh, and Ezzat in big games. Like you say at least Wilmots capped Mohebbi and Allahyar. Skocic is uninviting players and isn’t confident enough to even play the young players he has invited. Ghaedi getting 30 seconds in a 1-1 at home is a shame…

I dont want to constantly defend Skocic (as I too have quite a few bones to pick wt him). But I value FAIRNESS above all else.

On the one hand we say (& rightfully so too) that Skocic is a no name coach. Then immediately we accuse him of not behaving like well established famous coaches!!
        Confused much, we are. As Yoda would say.

You all just said it. He's a rookie, no name coach. But immensely brave to have taken up a job that was heading for failure on a Ferrari speeding downhill. Such a coach IS usually a more cautious one, more bothered about his team's fate than proving how big his balls are to a sect of fans.
        And by jove, he IS getting results .... and not by parking the bus. By playing cautious but SENSIBLE football.

secondly, I dont remember CQ giving untested youngsters game starts when our qualification was up in the air.
        Now I may be mistaken. If anyone can verify when which youngster was given a starting lineup at what stage of WCQ's, I will gladly retract this.
        but till then, why not enjoy the smoothest of qualifications.

Agaian, I'm not defending him as I think he can certainly beef up the "productivity" of the midfield by replacing the very average nourolahi with Ghoddos.
        Or perhaps give a chance to the likes of Ghaedi earlier into games. If not to try them out, but also to give some rst to our dynamic duo up front.

But none of this is something that would make me say he isnt doing a very good job at TM at the moment.

Comment

^ Besides, didnt Skocic give time to Fooald's RB Hardani and Sarlak and ... who are getting their very first int'l caps?

how are you all glossing over this and omitting this?

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor DOOM View Post
            secondly, I dont remember CQ giving untested youngsters game starts when our qualification was up in the air. Now I may be mistaken. If anyone can verify when which youngster was given a starting lineup at what stage of WCQ's, I will gladly retract this.
            I’ll do you one better……he had the balls to use them in tournaments themselves. 95% of Iranian footies had no idea who PAG was in AC 2015 and those who did, knew him as a DM. CQ opted to use him as a starting CB for the tournament. We both know how that panned out. Vahid Amiri and Ramin Rezaeian too…..both had no TM caps before the prep for AC and used them on big stages.

Another perfect example is Majid Hosseini…..the guy had no TM caps before the WC and used him the whole tourney pretty much.

Ali beiro became the starter for TM in WCQs when at the time haghighi was becoming the first established TM keeper in Europe.

There are even more but I think I’ve made my point at this point.

…..and I’ll be fair….Skocic still has time to do that too. But so far, he hasn’t shown faith in not just youth but even in his team especially in these last 2 games with how he managed his subs.
            Team Meli Iran
            Perspolis FC
            Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

skocic is smart
              he has inserted persepolis bronko team
              for tm
              saeed jb sardar gholi
              are only non pp players with bronko
              and he even tried to insert sarlak over saeed
              his first wcq 3rd round against syria
              and sarlak got hurt if not saeed might of been benched as well
              do i agree with this tactic?
              NO
              my philosophy is as long as its getting result
              canT critZZZ

Comment

Originally posted by kateb View Post
                saeed jb sardar gholi
                are only non pp players with bronko
                canT critZZZ
                hajsafi , noorafkan , moharami and even sarlak does not fit your theory.

So it means Hajsafi , Noorafkan , Moharami , Saeed Ezza , Jahanbakhsh , Sardar , Gholizadeh are not PP players + sarlak did not play for PP when branko was in charge! Also the addition of sub players such as Ghaedi , Hardani , Ghoddos and karim ansarifard.

So i don't think your theory is right tho. Also keep in mind that PAG is sadly injured otherwise we won't see either shoja or kanani in that position !

Comment

Originally posted by milad_b View Post
                  So it means Hajsafi , Noorafkan , Moharami , Saeed Ezza , Jahanbakhsh , Sardar , Gholizadeh are not PP players + sarlak did not play for PP when branko was in charge! Also the addition of sub players such as Ghaedi , Hardani , Ghoddos and karim ansarifard.
                  So i don't think your theory is right tho. Also keep in mind that PAG is sadly injured otherwise we won't see either shoja or kanani in that position !
                  I heard Skocic flew to Esfahan the day after Korea game to watch Sepahan play a friendly game. I am sure he was looking for more Bronko players there!!!! The anti-Skocic logic is getting stranger and stranger with every good result.

Comment

Originally posted by milad_b View Post
                    SKOCIC theory is these players played with eachother in club level
                    we have no friendlies
                    biravand
                    moharami
                    shoja
                    kananiz
                    amiri
                    sarlak
                    ahmad noor
                    all have started together at one point durring these
                    goli =biravand bronko
                    lb amiri bronko
                    rb moharami bonko boy
                    kanani pp
                    shoja pp
                    ahmad nor bronko
                    sarlak pp
                    mehdi bronko
                    THATS 9 PP PLAYERS THAT HAVE PLAYED FOR PP LAST 3 YEARS
                    Torabi is the nly man out since jb is dominating

Comment

Originally posted by kateb View Post
                      SKOCIC theory is these players played with eachother in club level
                      we have no friendlies
                      biravand
                      moharami
                      shoja
                      kananiz
                      amiri
                      sarlak
                      ahmad noor
                      all have started together at one point durring these
                      goli =biravand bronko
                      lb amiri bronko
                      rb moharami bonko boy
                      kanani pp
                      shoja pp
                      ahmad nor bronko
                      sarlak pp
                      mehdi bronko
                      THATS 9 PP PLAYERS THAT HAVE PLAYED FOR PP LAST 3 YEARS
                      Torabi is the nly man out since jb is dominating
                      You do realize that Perspolis is Iran's best club and that it makes sense that many TM players have a Perspolisi background right? It's the same with Holland and Ajax, Spain and Barcelona, Italy and Juventus, Greece and Olympiakos etc.

Comment

Originally posted by eerooni View Post
                        Khak to Sarah IFF , we could had 60,000 fans in Azadi PLUS a viable VAR that would call on the CLEAR Penalty on Taremi, and yet again , We lose to our selves 3 valuable points !
                        When did the penalty on Taremi happen? Can someone remind

Comment

Originally posted by Sepehr9 View Post
                          You do realize that Perspolis is Iran's best club and that it makes sense that many TM players have a Perspolisi background right? It's the same with Holland and Ajax, Spain and Barcelona, Italy and Juventus, Greece and Olympiakos etc.
                          i am not anti skovic
                          infact I GAVE HIM NICKNAME OF daneshmand to him beacuse he is exteremly smart
                          what i am pointing out is his genius way of with out friendly having 9 pp players all played in the last 3 years involve since they have practiced with each other and played with eachother before
                          AND his gotten result due to that and we only have gave up 1 goal in 4 matches and 2 goals in last 8 games that matters.
                          RIGHT NOW
                          WE NEED A RB thats our weakness
                          hopefully a pp player stars in that position in acl
                          like faraji or nemati heck shiri
                          all the teams atack us from that side.

Comment

Guys violence has erupted in Lebanon, I am certain our game won't be in Beirut yay
                            You just got Caged
                            K.C McElroy's Fan

Comment

Originally posted by Hosseini View Post
                              When did the penalty on Taremi happen? Can someone remind
                              there was play the defender held him
                              but he forgot to fall down

Comment

Originally posted by CAGE View Post
                                Guys violence has erupted in Lebanon, I am certain our game won't be in Beirut yay
                                There was literally an explosion in front of Iran’s embassy in 2013 or 2012 when we played Lebanon and AFC did nothing.
                                If a Saudi or Emirati has indigestion though AFC will pause all football.

What a mess. Bad enough we have IFF, we have to deal with AFC too

Comment

Working...
                                X