No announcement yet.

Alireza Jahanbakhsh @ Brighton & Hove Albion | 2018-2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Without jumping to conclusions because we are still midway through the season, few things come to my mind:

1.Brighton doesn't play the type of attacking, creative and free flowing football that suits Jahanbakhsh. The situation is comparable to his performances in Team Melli.
    2.Jahanbakhsh has problems with performance anxiety, sometimes it looks like he is afraid to take on his defender and battle it out. He doesn't want to fail and tries too hard.
    3.Perhaps Premier League is a bridge too far from a mid table Eredivisie team like AZ. Like I thought, a Bundesliga team like Wolfsburg where his team mate Weghorst went to, would be ideal for Jahanbakhsh his development and style of play. Weghorst is a much less calibre player than Jahanbakhsh and is doing very well at Wolfsburg. Jahanbakhsh should opt for a similar team in the Bundesliga if Brighton doesn't provide him enough opportunities.

Comment

Originally posted by Sly View Post
      Bundesliga will take away creativity and make a machine out of our players! Look at Karimi and his post Bayern time. Spain and Italy are better. Even a big team in the French league is good.
      which is what Iranian players NEED.
      That Karimi was a far more efficient, complete player after Bayern than the wasteful dribbler before.

as for ARJ, I think he needs to spend time with the team and on the practice, to gel with them.
      He hasn't had time with them.

a couple of injuries and then AC leave meant he hasn't had the time to spend alongside his mates, for them to know him (and vice versa).
      usually the 1st season is rough as it is, for any player. But being away makes it doubly hard.
      I hope he persists & Brighton management wise/patient enough too

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor DOOM View Post
        which is what Iranian players NEED.
        That Karimi was a far more efficient, complete player after Bayern than the wasteful dribbler before.
        I don't agree. Karimi has always been a wasteful dribbler but after his Bayern time, he became more passive, less explosive and lost his imagination. After a year or 2, he was just a waste of spot in TM.

Iranians do need discipline but not to the extent to lose what they were born with: Creativity and technical skills.

Spain and Italy will give them enough discipline and yet keep their creativity.

Comment

^ but he also became better in teamwork, better in defense and intercepting, more stamina and yes, vision.

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor DOOM View Post
            ^ but he also became better in teamwork, better in defense and intercepting, more stamina and yes, vision.
            I thought Karimi's vision, and interception in defense was always good (Look at the 2001 WCQ away game againt UAE when we won 3-0 as an example). He just got to use them more often in Bayern.

Team work, I agree. But then again, he could get that in Spain or Italy as well.

Comment

ARJ just needs to let loose. He is trying to much to make the right play. It is taking away from his flair. CH needs to give him to carte blanche to attack defenders whenever he can. His teamates need to respect him for who he is. No one else on this squad can win the golden boot in any league in Europe. I wonder how many goals Solly March would score in the eredivisie maybe 5? if that! He is a class above the rest of them. They just need to show him respect and allow him to run his own game.
              "History is a set of lies that people have agreed upon,"

Comment

Originally posted by Kiarash View Post
                Without jumping to conclusions because we are still midway through the season, few things come to my mind:

1.Brighton doesn't play the type of attacking, creative and free flowing football that suits Jahanbakhsh. The situation is comparable to his performances in Team Melli.
                YES sir this is first and foremost. However in the FA cup he played 2nd striker, that suits him better than playing a defensive wing position, lets see if they can figure his things out

Comment

I agree in that he has performance anxiety issues right now, it’s pretty reflective in his body language and his style of play being super conservative

Comment

Originally posted by Iranianarsenal11 View Post
                    Dude u are missing the point so hard LOL

The problem is, he literally DIDN'T DO ANYTHING WRONG. One or two bad passes doesn't make you an bad player.

Did you watch the game is a better question???
                    Better question do you read posts you reply to? Who said he was a bad player. Of course bad passes don't make you a bad player...overall but they can make you a bad or weak player in a game or even in a half. No one is saying he is a bad player but certainly you can admit he is no where near being g Brightons best and definitely no where near in form. As a sub coming in he was invisible and when he did touch the ball he was poor...

Sent from my Google device using Tapatalk
                    Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

Originally posted by O-ZoNe View Post
                      Better question do you read posts you reply to? Who said he was a bad player. Of course bad passes don't make you a bad player...overall but they can make you a bad or weak player in a game or even in a half. No one is saying he is a bad player but certainly you can admit he is no where near being g Brightons best and definitely no where near in form. As a sub coming in he was invisible and when he did touch the ball he was poor...

I see you missed the point as well

Comment

Originally posted by Iranianarsenal11 View Post
                        I see you missed the point as well
                        Nice reply. I'm glad you get the point anyhoo ARJ was no where near good yesterday...definitely imo the weakest player during his 20 min of play.

Comment

Nice reply. I'm glad you get the point anyhoo ARJ was no where near good yesterday...definitely imo the weakest player during his 20 min of play.

I watched a clip of every touch he had in the game. To call him the weakest player yesterday is ridiculous; I think some members here whether consciously or not have a genuine bias against him. I don’t mean that in an offensive way, but it’s really noticeable and worth trying to be aware of.

Comment

Originally posted by TM4LIFE View Post
                            I watched a clip of every touch he had in the game. To call him the weakest player yesterday is ridiculous; I think some members here whether consciously or not have a genuine bias against him. I don’t mean that in an offensive way, but it’s really noticeable and worth trying to be aware of.
                            Opinions are not facts. They are subjective. Of course your opinion is going to be biased

Sent from my ME173X using Tapatalk

Comment

Opinions are not facts. They are subjective. Of course your opinion is going to be biased
                              I understand, everyone is entitled to think whatever they want. But, it is good to strive for more accurate impressions of our players since that'll make our analysis/opinions more noteworthy and reasonable.

Comment

Originally posted by TM4LIFE View Post
                                I understand, everyone is entitled to think whatever they want. But, it is good to strive for more accurate impressions of our players since that'll make our analysis/opinions more noteworthy and reasonable.
                                How can you determine who has an accurate opinion? Maybe one person judges ARJ on his goal scoring, another his contract, or even against what his team has done. Maybe some view his return and ability to just crack the lineup in an EPL team as successful. These are just opinions.

Unfortunately Iranian football fans have one mentality...you are with me or you do not know football. CQ learned this well and exploited it to some degree...Some members get into a tiff because some of us feel ARJ is not living up to his potential...maybe there are reasons for this...some of us rely on stats while others may factor in other pieces to his game. This is the fundamental argument in almost all aspects of our football.

ARJ zero goals in EPL thus far...
                                CQ no hardware in 8 years...

Some see other points to the above like ARJ was injured...team play is poor or that CQ had to deal with so much hashieh...others don't feel as strongly about those reasons and point to other factors...who is accurate? Let's stop mud slinging each other and respect each other's opinions and be civil...wtf some junior member tells me to put down the PlayStation controller like...what is that?! It's a discussion forum stop telling people how to post and think! No one has the right opinion or belief...it's all subjective!

Comment

Working...
                                X