No announcement yet.

TM News II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah yeah yeah... That article doesn't say why Goodarzi has decided he doesn't want CQ to go. The article I linked from today makes it clear where the source for this change is coming from. If he didn't want this coach to go, why did he block the funds to re-sign him? Why did he block the funds to pay the coaching staff? Why did he refuse to even repair the training pitch? Why have several players singled him out for trying to tear the team apart? Do you even get that for us to believe your dumb version of Goodarzi's role we'd have to believe that the whole team are either morons or liars??

And Rohani interfering wouldn't be because "he has nothing else to do" (what a silly thing to say), but because thankfully unlike some people he has more common sense than a six year old and understands that with the public strongly in support of CQ and begging the president to get involved, Goodarzi's antics as a cabinet member was beginning to reflect on his own administration.

Comment

well, I feel like it kinda seems now that the big mullah's in charge of the country want CQ to stay. it doesen't matter what goudarzi or kafashian or toabian or assadi or any of those guys think anymore.

Comment

I hope Nekounam stays retired and will go out on top and on his terms , but dont be shocked if he did come back to play for another 1-2 years !!!

Comment

Did I just hear Kafashian say about 40-50 friendly games from now till the World Cup?!?! Khab didi?

Comment

It's so unfortunate we won't participate in the 2017 Confed Cup. That would have been a great preparation for the world cup. There is no major tournament with Iran taking place between now and the 2018 WC, provided we qualify.

Comment

Originally posted by Abtin View Post
              Did I just hear Kafashian say about 40-50 friendly games from now till the World Cup?!?! Khab didi?
              IFF has sent an email to Dalghoz Abad football federation for a friendly game. We are discussing about this invitation for now. We are thinking of asking for a hefty price or accept the invitation, but cancel it two days before the match, just for a higher price paid by Persian gulf Arab states!

Comment

More from Kafashian, video: https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v...303127&theater

Comment

Are we abandoning this thread? If not, this is potentially HUGE:

According to Varzesh3 IFF is close to signing a contract with Beswicks Sports [which seems to be a sports management company in the UK] to organize 1st rate friendlies for TM on FIFA dates.

Apparently, they've negotiated with Kaffashian in both Stockhom and Tehran and they've been tasked with organizing all aspects of Iran's future friendlies in a manner than can generate revenue for the IFF.

They will start with their planning as soon as the draw for the group stage of WCQ has been completed. This is one of the things IFF is doing to address CQ's concerns about quality friendlies.

[it's about time IFF starts to look at other sources to generate revenue - TM is a gold mine as far as sales and marketing potential]

Comment

^ No aziz, keep the news coming! We discus in the other thread, only news here And AWESOME NEWS!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bi-honar View Post
                      I thought the original plan was for Nekou to retire from playing for TM and become CQ's assistant. I'm sure the Iranian assistant issue has been a sticky one for the IFF because there was a lot of back and forth last summer to include that provision in the contract.
                      I know this was posted in the other TM thread, but CQ requested during the meeting yesterday that Nekounam be his assistant coach in TM. The IFF has not responded yet and are considering the request.

http://www.farsnews.com/newstext.php?nn=13940123000624

This seems to be yet another positive development as Nekou and CQ get along and he has been without an assistant since before the Asian Cup. Nekou would also be undoubtedly the person to coach a replacement for himself and is familiar with all aspects of TM, including the problems.

His interview with 90 seems to have put some fire under IFF as well and got the job done, so perhaps he can also act as a spokesperson for TM to draw more attention to some of these problems that some people in Iran may get sensitive about, hearing them from CQ.

Overall, it seems like we went from a VERY bad and scary period for a few weeks, but now everything seems to be falling into place for TM.

Comment

CQ to break record

There are differing numbers, but CQ will be breaking Branko's record soon as the manager who has been in charge of TM for the most number of games.

Estimates on the number of games where Branko was in charge range from 52 (Wiki) to 55 (Varzesh3). CQ has guided Iran in 49 (Wiki) or 50 games (Varzesh 3 and my own count), so in a few games, he will break that record.

Lowest percentage of Tehrooni TM players

Also, while we are on statistics, according to Varzesh3, only 20% of players who have been invited to TM in that past 2 years have been from Tehran (i.e. born in Tehran province). There have been a total of 44 players and with Nakou's departure the number of Tehroonis will drop from 9 to 8.

This is by far the lowest percentage of Tehrooni players in TM since it was founded in 1926. At some points as much as 95% of the team have been made of Tehrooni players.

Comment

Originally posted by Bi-honar View Post
                          I know this was posted in the other TM thread, but CQ requested during the meeting yesterday that Nekounam be his assistant coach in TM. The IFF has not responded yet and are considering the request.

http://www.farsnews.com/newstext.php?nn=13940123000624
                          That's a great news. I think Neku is going to be an excellent assistant coach next to CQ given their relationship together. Neku is also very professional and bache nane bazi mesle ali karimi dar nemiareh.

Comment

Team Melli to play Japan, Uzbekistan, maybe Bahrain in next friendly matches according to Kafashian

http://footballitarin.com/link_page.php?id=215750

Comment

Originally posted by irani1378 View Post
                              Team Melli to play Japan, Uzbekistan, maybe Bahrain in next friendly matches according to Kafashian

http://footballitarin.com/link_page.php?id=215750
                              Japan and Uzbekistan are good friendlies, Bahrain is a waste of FIFA match day.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiarash View Post
                                Japan and Uzbekistan are good friendlies, Bahrain is a waste of FIFA match day.
                                Then it's good it's only a "maybe"

Comment

Working...
                                X