Alireza Jahanbakhsh @ Brighton & Hove Albion | 2018-2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scuderia View Post
    He played well for the little that he played. He needs to get a full premier league game (no cup games that are somewhat insignificant). He need to play with the main team so he can prove himself. He's doing good!
    I disagree.

Looked quite sloppy in the spare moments he was on the offensive. It tells a lot when JB's greatest moment in the match were his defensive actions.

Not sure whether the league match his playing style. He doesn't look like he fits over there.

Comment

Originally posted by Kas-r View Post
      I disagree.
      Looked quite sloppy in the spare moments he was on the offensive. It tells a lot when JB's greatest moment in the match were his defensive actions.
      Quite sloppy? He had one unsuccessful dribble, that makes his offensive performance sloppy? Then what does that make March, Knockaert and Gross's performances?

JB had one unsuccessful dribble, but other than that, he was good. Very active defensively. Smart in possession. Chased down balls that were heading out of bounds. Got fouled that resulted in a yellow card. That's some good activity for 15 minutes of play.

Comment

JB played pretty decent. On defense he was excellent and won every challenge. On offense he just needs to get a few good dribbles going and the momentum and confidence will come back. He also is rarely fed the ball when he's moving forward.

Their left winger had a terrible touch and blew way too many crosses.

Comment

Originally posted by Iranianarsenal11 View Post
          This narekhar Montoya is playing so far up wtf
          SOB took away a couple crosses and a volley from AJB too.

Comment

I disagree.
            Not sure whether the league match his playing style. He doesn't look like he fits over there.
            He had one attempt stopped. That's quite sloppy to you? Too much hyperbole.

Comment

Originally posted by KasraKhan View Post
              Quite sloppy? He had one unsuccessful dribble, that makes his offensive performance sloppy? Then what does that make March, Knockaert and Gross's performances?

JB had one unsuccessful dribble, but other than that, he was good. Very active defensively. Smart in possession. Chased down balls that were heading out of bounds. Got fouled that resulted in a yellow card. That's some good activity for 15 minutes of play.
              Completely agree, he saved a nice ball from going out at the corner as well and sent a beautiful cross. He just made a little mistake!

Comment

Looks like JB doesn't know how to pass a defender anymore.
                he never was much of a dribbler nor technical player.... most of his dribbles in dutch leagues were essentially speed moves past markers who left him way too much space to exploit...! he simply aint gonna get such space in EPL and the guys he is trying to beat are no half-pro, farmers ..!
                he still possess a great sense of awareness and football smarts for exploiting the smallest of defensive openings and he will do just fine in the long run with Brighton, once he gets more in tune with his teammates and his teammates with him..!
                he put in a great lil shift off the bench today...!

Comment

Originally posted by KasraKhan View Post

I noticed more than one unsuccesfull dribble. Knockaert looks much more of a threat when he is on the ball than JB. Put your Iranian glasses off.

JB's performance was mediocre at best.

Comment

I noticed more than one unsuccesfull dribble. Knockaert looks much more of a threat when he is on the ball than JB. Put your Iranian glasses off.

Care to provide examples? I watched his entire appearance, and I didn't see anything else, and neither did several other members here. But I guess we're wearing our Iranian glasses (Gucci, of course).

Knockaert may look more dangerous to you, but the fact that he starts and gets much more playing time could play a factor in your viewpoint. If JB started and had ample time on the pitch, I am sure he would've squeaked out a few more dangerous scenes than Knocakert who plays with his head down.

Comment

Well you noticed wrong. Stop pretending to be impartial by being picking faults where there weren't any.

Comment

The fact is ARJ is their record signing. He's expected to be their best player and supply something special. His performance today was average, so that's going to be seen as a bit disappointing considering his price tag. But yes, he needs more time. He's a player that makes his team better, but he can't do that until he's played with them more.

Comment

Which game were you watching? "Put your Iranian glasses off", huh? You should get some glasses for yourself.
                          maa bachehaaye iroonim
                          hamishe irooni mimoonim
                          baa ham yeksedaa mikhoonim
                          baa ham yek seda Iran Iran Iran

Comment

Montoya needs to play defense and pass the ball to the winger instead of trying to play winger himself

Complete wanker

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            AKP Parti, Turkiye - Haj Bernie Sandersoglu

Comment

Originally posted by oreosx11 View Post
                              The fact is ARJ is their record signing. He's expected to be their best player and supply something special. His performance today was average, so that's going to be seen as a bit disappointing considering his price tag. But yes, he needs more time. He's a player that makes his team better, but he can't do that until he's played with them more.
                              He played 15 minutes lol. What more can he do in 15 minutes? Dribble the entire team and score a peach? He's not Neymar.

Comment

He was fine coming on today. I do think that March should have come off instead of Knockeart who was finally beginning to look lively. Alireza had a nice drive at the defense, a couple good defensive moments, decent overall (nothing crazy of course). I think he is sitting too deep at the moment, and it's not exactly his natural position as a winger. He's coming on as a RM, not a RW, so its a bit of an adjustment and extra responsibility. He can't push too far up either because Hughton would likely get frustrated by lack of defensive contribution.

Comment

Working...
                                X