• Show
Clear All

MSV Duisburg 4:1 Regensburg:

*Davari made his season debut with Flekken being out injured
    *The win confirms MSV to remain in the Bundesliga .2 next season

Highlights: https://www.ngolos.com/videos/2018-0...urg-regensburg

"Daniel Davari did well, but was hardly challenged by the guests."

https://www.sport1.de/fussball/2-bun...lassenverbleib

"By a 25 -meter hammer by Jann George came the otherwise barely compelling guests from nothing to 1-1 (58). The ball landed in Davaris corner, but the keeper could not do much. "Too bad it did not work with the match-free game, it would have been a perfect debut," said Davari, who was "not a bit nervous".

For Daniel Davari, the premiere could have been warming up for the new season. Main goalkeeper Mark Flekken has known to have been in the focus of some clubs. MSV boss Ingo Wald says only this much: "A player who has the chance to play higher, has to make sense for him and the club.""

http://www.rp-online.de/nrw/staedte/...-aid-1.7547383

"Davari oversleeps the league

The MSV goalkeeper replaced Jahn Regensburg's regular number one Mark Flekken. After the game, he revealed whether he sees a future in Duisburg.

In summer, Daniel Davari will sit in front of the TV and watch the World Cup in Russia. Then he will be crossing two nations - Germany and Iran.

He would love to have flown to Russia with the other two. Davari has previously played four caps for the state of Southeast Asia. "The train has unfortunately left for me," Davari said after the match against Jahn Regensburg. Especially because so far this season he has always had to watch from the bank as the zebras galloped up. But against Regensburg the 30-year-old goalkeeper was allowed to prove himself once again.

Gruev was not afraid of Davari deployment

In replacement of goalkeeper Mark Flekken Davari did his job sovereign. When Jann George scored in the second half, the German-Iranian was powerless. "I was not nervous at all, but I was just happy that I was allowed to play. Too bad that I did not play to zero. That would have been perfect, of course. But that's gripe at a high level, "said Davari.

Therefore, the goalkeeper was quite happy about his completed game. And it was supposed to get even better: a fact had escaped him for the time being after the final whistle. The MSV Duisburg plays after the clear victory against Regensburg in the upcoming season in the 2nd Bundesliga. "I did not know that. But of course I'm very happy about that, "said Davari visibly happy.

That was also his coach. Ilia Gruev did not worry about the goalkeeping position even before the kick-off. "We did not want to take any chances with Mark Flekken," he said of his regular number one, who has been struggling with muscle problems for several days. "Davari has a tremendous amount of experience. He is a very quiet guy and has worked hard all the season to be fit for such a moment. He did it really well. "

Davari: "No reason for me to leave"

So there is no question that the 30-year-old could well represent the Dutch goalkeeper in the last two matches of the season against Greuther Fürth and FC St. Pauli. "I wish him that he comes back quickly," said Davari nonetheless, who expects to play football in the coming season in Wedau. "I have a contract here and there is no reason for me to leave.""

http://www.reviersport.de/371584---m...senerhalt.html

Comment

"WORLD CUP DREAM BURST, BUT. , ,Davari reaches for the number 1

MSV keeper Daniel Davari (30) came to his competitive debut against Regensburg (4: 1) with 31 games in play. And did his job really well ...

Davari reaches for number 1. But his World Cup dream has burst.

The goalkeeper with Persian passport was almost entirely in the shadow of goalkeeper Mark Flekken (24) this season. But the injured himself easily and seems currently not so free in the head (because of a possible change in the Bundesliga), as coach Ilja Gruev wishes. That's why Davari got his chance - and used it ...

The previous substitute (29 Erstligaspiele for Braunschweig) could next year probably become Duisburg's number 1 - if Flekken goes. Davari: "I have a contract here and no reason to leave."

However, the son of a Persian, who was born in Giessen, now had to make a dream of a dream - his participation in the World Cup in Russia. 4 years ago in Brazil he was still with Iran. Davari: "This train has left. For that, I should have played earlier and more at MSV! ""

https://www.bild.de/sport/fussball/m...7502.bild.html

Flekken did not featue in team training today. They claim injury, but chances he may leave Duisburg as well. Chance for Davari to claim the number 1 spot:

"Mark Flekken, who failed in the home game against Jahn Regensburg with muscular problems, did not participate in the team training on Wednesday."

http://www.reviersport.de/371665---m...mtraining.html

Comment

"Davari could benefit from Flekken's sale

The substitute keeper of the Zebras will also play on Sunday. He does not want to be satisfied with the role of number two. He could benefit from a spot sale.

The word patience is in the vacancy of a second goalkeeper in large letters and is underlined in bold. Daniel Davari had to wait 31 game days for second division football club MSV Duisburg before he could prove his skills in a competitive match. The 30-year-old celebrated his debut last Sunday in a 4-1 win over Jahn Regensburg. Now, the former Bielefelder ran once again. He will face again in the away game at SpVgg Greuther Fürth on Sunday (15.30 clock) between the posts. "Mark Flekken is not fit yet," said MSV coach Ilia Gruev on Thursday."

Even if the facts are presented this season - the term substitute goalkeeper does not suit Davari. For Eintracht Braunschweig he played 29 Bundesliga games, four years ago, the son of a Persian in Brazil belonged to the World Cup squad of Iran. Davari says: "I have been able to make some games in my career. I've been very laid back in recent years. "But he underlines that he is not a goalkeeper who is satisfied with the role of substitute. "Of course I want to be the number one," affirms the family man. "If I could put up with being the second man, I could not give 100 percent," he adds.

Missed the World Cup train

Although goalkeeper coach Sven Beuckert decided early on in the last summer preparation for Flekken, Davari, who is under contract to MSV until 2019, wants to take up the fight for the new season again for the number one. "I hope the coaches show me a perspective," says Davari.

This perspective could actually be that he will do his job as future goalkeeper in the future. Furthermore, a sale of Mark Flekken is an issue at MSV. The zebras only want to let him go with an attractive transfer fee. Most recently, Hertha BSC Berlin, VfB Stuttgart and SC Freiburg were potential candidates. The goalkeeper carousel in the Bundesliga has not yet picked up momentum. There may be a lot to do in the coming weeks. Even Daniel Davari knows the speculation about his colleagues. But he says that does not concern him. He also demonstrates serenity here.

That he has missed the World Cup ticket this time does not grieve him. Without match practice, he had to pull off the Iranian World Cup train. "Then I'll just keep my fingers crossed in front of the TV." At least here he has the Dutch Mark Marks a lot ahead. His country did not qualify for the tournament in Russia.

http://www.reviersport.de/371824---m...ofitieren.html

"Davari: "Of course I want to be No. 1"

The second goaltender job is often less enjoyable than it appears. Daniel Davari was only on the bench 28 times in this second league season. Now he is suddenly in demand: Just as against Jahn Regensburg (4-1) last weekend, Davari will also be standing between the posts against Greuther Fürth on Sunday (15.30) and should ideally participate in the third victory in a row.

Before the meeting with the relegation-threatened Franks, the keeper appeals: "We have a responsibility to the competition." That should especially hear the Fürth competitors in the relegation battle. As a rescued club, MSV now have the task of keeping the tension high - ideally with a win in Fürth. "We are solid enough," announces Davari, who will once again replace Mark Flekken (muscular problems). Last time against Regensburg (kicker-grade 3), Davari did the job passably, but says self-critically: "Unfortunately, we did not play to zero, which is always my personal goal."

Davari is waiting for his first to zero with the MSV. Previously missing the German-Iranians, who probably has no realistic World Cup opportunity, but also the possibilities. Stemkeeper Flekken, the industry's first ever change rumors, kept too constant. In the first half he had bad luck at the 0: 4 in Regensburg, as coach Ilia Gruev for the injured Flekken the budget number 3, Daniel Zeaiter, brought, because Davari was also out with knee problems. "If you do not play, you have to get used to it, but I'm not the type to worry about it," reveals the 30-year-old. Against the - together with St. Pauli - worst offense of the league (34 hits) it should succeed now.

In the penultimate game of the season, he can now recommend, at least Gruev does not doubt his flagship reservist. "During our little crisis last he was an important contact for me," says Gruev, who wants to try in the last two games of the season no more experiments. In any case, Davari had enough experience in difficult situations at his previous stops at Arminia Bielefeld, Eintracht Braunschweig and Grasshopper Zurich. "I'm very ambitious and I hope that the coach will give me a perspective here," Davari emphasizes, putting his demands a little more clearly in the background: "I'm not ready to sit on the bench and say: Everything's fine Of course I want to be the number one. " On Sunday he can gather good arguments for that."

http://www.kicker.de/news/fussball/2...nr-1-sein.html

Comment

I had high hopes in him, but he's just too shaky for TM in the end. But still a great feeling to have three goalies in Europe...don't think we ever had that before.

Comment

Originally posted by aenima_8 View Post
            MSV Duisburg 4:1 Regensburg:

*Davari made his season debut with Flekken being out injured
            *The win confirms MSV to remain in the Bundesliga .2 next season

Highlights: https://www.ngolos.com/videos/2018-0...urg-regensburg

"Daniel Davari did well, but was hardly challenged by the guests."

https://www.sport1.de/fussball/2-bun...lassenverbleib

"By a 25 -meter hammer by Jann George came the otherwise barely compelling guests from nothing to 1-1 (58). The ball landed in Davaris corner, but the keeper could not do much. "Too bad it did not work with the match-free game, it would have been a perfect debut," said Davari, who was "not a bit nervous".

For Daniel Davari, the premiere could have been warming up for the new season. Main goalkeeper Mark Flekken has known to have been in the focus of some clubs. MSV boss Ingo Wald says only this much: "A player who has the chance to play higher, has to make sense for him and the club.""

http://www.rp-online.de/nrw/staedte/...-aid-1.7547383

[ATTACH]17942[/ATTACH]

"Davari oversleeps the league

The MSV goalkeeper replaced Jahn Regensburg's regular number one Mark Flekken. After the game, he revealed whether he sees a future in Duisburg.

In summer, Daniel Davari will sit in front of the TV and watch the World Cup in Russia. Then he will be crossing two nations - Germany and Iran.

He would love to have flown to Russia with the other two. Davari has previously played four caps for the state of Southeast Asia. "The train has unfortunately left for me," Davari said after the match against Jahn Regensburg. Especially because so far this season he has always had to watch from the bank as the zebras galloped up. But against Regensburg the 30-year-old goalkeeper was allowed to prove himself once again.

Gruev was not afraid of Davari deployment

In replacement of goalkeeper Mark Flekken Davari did his job sovereign. When Jann George scored in the second half, the German-Iranian was powerless. "I was not nervous at all, but I was just happy that I was allowed to play. Too bad that I did not play to zero. That would have been perfect, of course. But that's gripe at a high level, "said Davari.

Therefore, the goalkeeper was quite happy about his completed game. And it was supposed to get even better: a fact had escaped him for the time being after the final whistle. The MSV Duisburg plays after the clear victory against Regensburg in the upcoming season in the 2nd Bundesliga. "I did not know that. But of course I'm very happy about that, "said Davari visibly happy.

That was also his coach. Ilia Gruev did not worry about the goalkeeping position even before the kick-off. "We did not want to take any chances with Mark Flekken," he said of his regular number one, who has been struggling with muscle problems for several days. "Davari has a tremendous amount of experience. He is a very quiet guy and has worked hard all the season to be fit for such a moment. He did it really well. "

Davari: "No reason for me to leave"

So there is no question that the 30-year-old could well represent the Dutch goalkeeper in the last two matches of the season against Greuther Fürth and FC St. Pauli. "I wish him that he comes back quickly," said Davari nonetheless, who expects to play football in the coming season in Wedau. "I have a contract here and there is no reason for me to leave.""

http://www.reviersport.de/371584---m...senerhalt.html
            Someone send them a map. Or a better proof reader.
            I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

Originally posted by KC McElroy View Post
              Someone send them a map. Or a better proof reader.
              The author must be from South Carolina with no map.

Miss S.Carolina explained why that is !?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XOS3HdxpS88

Comment

Greuther Furth 2:2 Duisburg:

*Davari was in net.
                *Flekken will most likely join Freiburg in the summer.

Comment

He kept a clean sheet for his team today as they won 2-0

Comment

"Goalkeeper question remains open until the end

MSV coach Ilia Gruev wants to take the time to decide who will be the new number one at the Duisburg gate.

At the short tournament in Herne Ilia Gruev had his two new goalkeepers play one game each. Daniel Mesenhöler, new member of Union Berlin, was allowed to play in the first game against the Oberliga side FC Brünninghausen. At the subsequent final against Hertha BSC Daniel Davari guarded the MSV housing.

While Mesenhöler had almost nothing to do in the first game, Davari had to intervene much more often. Both left a good impression and did their job flawlessly. The decision as to who will become the new number one after the departure of Mark Flekken should therefore become increasingly difficult for Gruev."

http://www.reviersport.de/374863---m...uss-offen.html

Comment

Duisburg just had a friendly with Werder Bremen that they lost 1-0. Anyone know if Davari played?

Comment

Originally posted by Kian B. View Post
                        Duisburg just had a friendly with Werder Bremen that they lost 1-0. Anyone know if Davari played?
                        He played and was subbed out at the 46th minute. Part of team try outs I guess as they had multiple subs after him

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbit View Post
                          He played and was subbed out at the 46th minute. Part of team try outs I guess as they had multiple subs after him
                          Damn, sucks that he conceded then, but his substitute didn't. Not sure if it was really his fault though

Comment

Friendly - Werder Bremen 1:0 MSV Duisburg:

*As per Kian B and Rabbit's posts, Daniel started the match in net and conceded the only goal on the 24th min.
                            *The squad was switched up in the second half.

"MSV goalkeeper Daniel Davari had no chance, but otherwise could not distinguish himself in the first round. It was better for his rival Daniel Mesenhöler in the second half. He saved the MSV twice with good saves before the second goal."

https://www.waz.de/sport/fussball/ms...214850939.html

Comment

"A close race for the number one at MSV Duisburg

Daniel Davari and new signing Daniel Mesenhöler fight for the space between the posts at the MSV. The goalie coach sees a close duel.

The new goalkeeper is in these days a hot duel with veteran Daniel Davari (30) for the space between the post, the New-Freiburg Mark Flekken has left.

Decision will be made late
                              Unlike in the previous year, when it was decided at an early stage that Mark Flekken would go into the season as number one, the decision will be late this time. Goalkeeping coach Sven Beuckert sees a close race: "Both give a lot of gas and work hard.

Daniel Davari has been in charge of the zebras for the last three matches of the season. Davari is also hot on the spot. "I do not know a goalkeeper who is satisfied with the place on the bench," said the 2014 World Cup participant for Iran, even when he was still in the shadow of Mark Flekken in Duisburg."

https://www.waz.de/sport/fussball/ms...214861487.html

Comment

Friendly: Wacker Innsbruck II 0:3 MSV Duisburg FT:

*Davari started the match and played the full 90 mins.
                                *Duisburg played Al Sadd today and won 4-1. The new keep played this match and conceded a goal.

"Among the most exciting duels is the duel between the two goalkeepers Daniel Davari and Daniel Mesenhöler. Davari played against Innsbruck, on Thursday Mesenhöler gets the chance to prove himself."

https://www.waz.de/sport/lokalsport/...214880369.html

Comment

Working...
                                X