Saman Ghoddos @ Brentford FC | 2021-22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BacheLot View Post
    Frank already vastly favors another countryman Jensen who is another defensive-fairy and not even half as proficient on the attacking front as him...!
    Not actually true. This is the top 20 players in the league (outside of "the big 6 clubs") for chances created so far this season (up to the last round of games)
    https://twitter.com/Other14The/statu...027555843?s=20

... but i get where you're coming from as he's only got 1 assist to his name so it would appear he's doing nothing on the attacking front. He does misplace a lot of passes and is weaker than Saman defensively, though both aren't good enough for Brentford's pressing game, which I think is the main reason Saman doesn't play.

Comment

I don't get the weird obsession with blaming everything that's going on with Saman on Denmark, a Danish manager, some Danish players. It's really lazy prejudice.

It's a well know fact that Brentford tap the Danish market because their owner has also owned FC Midtjylland for the past 8 years. With his unique brand of player recruitment (which he then moved to Brentford) he has turned that club from middling Superliga team in to the best team in Denmark, winning multiple leagues and playing European football every season. It's obvious with that connection, they're going to buy and sell players between those clubs (most of whom are Danish) and also have a lot of data on the Danish league which he sees as a value for money source of talent. There will be others over the years, it seems they may be edging towards Brazil now they're a Premier League club.

It's inevitable that there will also be a level of bias from foreign manager to players of the same nationality - Frank worked with many of these players when he was a national youth team manager - and many other managers have done this in the past. Arsene Wenger signed 32 French players during his time at Arsenal - not all of them even played for the first team. For the ones that did, as much as you had the likes of Henry, Vieira and Pires... you also had rubbish like Cygan, Grimandi and Squillaci. Mourinho had endless amounts of money to spend at Chelsea, Madrid and Man Utd but still signed his fair share of Portuguese players. Ricardo Carvalho went with him from Porto to Chelsea and then again to Real Madrid. Very good defender but not anywhere near the best of his generation. I looked up some of his signings. If they weren't Portuguese players they were from Liga Nos... who the hell were Alicdes and Nuno Morais. He seemed to know Hilario (3rd or 4th choice keeper at Chelsea for years) would be a good signing... as a goalkeeping coach...

Comment

Are you suggesting Denmark may have a better talent pool than the Glorious Islamic Republic? Thomas Frank is a racist. Same as with Potter. We need to focus on getting Ghalenoei the Everton gig to finally bring equality to this cruel cruel world #PersianLivesMatter

Comment

Originally posted by Taz View Post
          Are you suggesting Denmark may have a better talent pool than the Glorious Islamic Republic? Thomas Frank is a racist. Same as with Potter. We need to focus on getting Ghalenoei the Everton gig to finally bring equality to this cruel cruel world #PersianLivesMatter
          I would say Iran definitely has a bigger talent pool than Denmark. No joke.

They have a better league and structure though to develop their players And more importantly, major links to English, German and Dutch clubs.

Comment

Originally posted by Malkay View Post
            I don't get the weird obsession with blaming everything that's going on with Saman on Denmark, a Danish manager, some Danish players. It's really lazy prejudice.
            It's a well know fact that Brentford tap the Danish market because their owner has also owned FC Midtjylland for the past 8 years. With his unique brand of player recruitment (which he then moved to Brentford) he has turned that club from middling Superliga team in to the best team in Denmark, winning multiple leagues and playing European football every season. It's obvious with that connection, they're going to buy and sell players between those clubs (most of whom are Danish) and also have a lot of data on the Danish league which he sees as a value for money source of talent. There will be others over the years, it seems they may be edging towards Brazil now they're a Premier League club.
            It's inevitable that there will also be a level of bias from foreign manager to players of the same nationality - Frank worked with many of these players when he was a national youth team manager - and many other managers have done this in the past. Arsene Wenger signed 32 French players during his time at Arsenal - not all of them even played for the first team. For the ones that did, as much as you had the likes of Henry, Vieira and Pires... you also had rubbish like Cygan, Grimandi and Squillaci. Mourinho had endless amounts of money to spend at Chelsea, Madrid and Man Utd but still signed his fair share of Portuguese players. Ricardo Carvalho went with him from Porto to Chelsea and then again to Real Madrid. Very good defender but not anywhere near the best of his generation. I looked up some of his signings. If they weren't Portuguese players they were from Liga Nos... who the hell were Alicdes and Nuno Morais. He seemed to know Hilario (3rd or 4th choice keeper at Chelsea for years) would be a good signing... as a goalkeeping coach...
            I logged on just to respond to your statement. In all your posts you seem to be very offended whenever Iranian football fans questions English teams and football, and you sound almost entitled as if it's a huge offense that we comment on EPL teams not giving our players more chances. But I understand where it's coming from if you are an English football fan, it's ok to be passionate. Also, lazy prejudice also works the other way around. Thomas Frank heavily relying on his Danish counterparts also implies that he rates his own country higher in football abilities than lets say Iran. Moreover, he continues to play Jensen who hasn't been that much better than Ghoddos at all, and gives Saman trash minutes when the game is already decided. It's not a weird obsession to point out these obvious facts, now especially since Thomas is going after Eriksen, potentially a 9th (!) Danish squad player.

Comment

The owner has identified an undervalued market and is taking advantage of it, it's not bias or prejudice. Given their success both as a club and Denmark's ascent to being one of the top international sides, I don't think there's much of a case to be made that he was mistaken or unjustified in shipping them in by the truckload.

Comment

Originally posted by Taz View Post
                The owner has identified an undervalued market and is taking advantage of it, it's not bias or prejudice. Given their success both as a club and Denmark's ascent to being one of the top international sides, I don't think there's much of a case to be made that he was mistaken or unjustified in shipping them in by the truckload.
                It's well known coaches have favorites or they're pushed to bring in certain players by owners and/or agents.
                Let's not pretend a league that had a guy like Laudrup (coincidentally Danish) basically running an agency out of a club is some idealistic island of honest football folks.

Comment

Whatever the case I hope Saman comes on tomorrow night and scores a screamer against United and then celebrates in front of Ronaldo wearing a T-shirt with a picture of his penalty miss against Iran on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Medzdidz View Post
                    Whatever the case I hope Saman comes on tomorrow night and scores a screamer against United and then celebrates in front of Ronaldo wearing a T-shirt with a picture of his penalty miss against Iran on it.
                    How he will score from the bench? Except if he gets the danish nationality!

Comment

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post
                      How he will score from the bench? Except if he gets the danish nationality!
                      I will give Frank a call.

Comment

I hope so too

If he does... I'll storm the pitch. Doubt he'll play though.

Comment

yes ask frank that if he changed his name from saman ghoddos to sammy goodisson, can he play then?
                          fking disaster coach made the team the danish national team b.. sleazy fkker..

wish we could get one of our coaches to one of the top leagues we could do the same,, had hopes for mahdavikia coaching career to take off in germany
                          Supporting Team Melli

Comment

Let us know what he says. Salam beresoon behesh
                            Team Meli Iran
                            Perspolis FC
                            Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Originally posted by Kiarash View Post
                              I logged on just to respond to your statement. In all your posts you seem to be very offended whenever Iranian football fans questions English teams and football, and you sound almost entitled as if it's a huge offense that we comment on EPL teams not giving our players more chances. But I understand where it's coming from if you are an English football fan, it's ok to be passionate. Also, lazy prejudice also works the other way around. Thomas Frank heavily relying on his Danish counterparts also implies that he rates his own country higher in football abilities than lets say Iran. Moreover, he continues to play Jensen who hasn't been that much better than Ghoddos at all, and gives Saman trash minutes when the game is already decided. It's not a weird obsession to point out these obvious facts, now especially since Thomas is going after Eriksen, potentially a 9th (!) Danish squad player.
                              As Taz correctly pointed out in response below your message - and I feel I've laboured this point many times before on this thread not because I'm "entitled" or expect everyone to listen to/agree with me but because I know a fair bit about the club and I'm just sharing my knowledge to help feed constructive conversation that doesn't tilt off into wild-eyed conspiracy theories - the owner (and the director of football) is responsible for the Danish signings (not Thomas Frank) and there are so many of them because of their extensive intel of that market due to the Midtjylland connection.

The other things being written here are nothing more than uninformed people looking for any other excuse as to why he isn't playing every week other than the simple fact that he isn't at a level where he possesses the attributes or consistency when he does play to force Frank's hand to fit him into this team week in, week out. Saman himself has even questioned his standards for long periods of time at the club, so I don't know why others feel the need to be apologists on his behalf. As others have pointed out, he has never even been a guaranteed starter for TM even under Quieroz (8 starts in 21 appearances) so why is it a surprise he can't make a Premier League first XI (the level of football is a far higher standard than games against the likes of Hong Kong or Iraq)?

Besides, I shouldn't call the other comments conspiracy theories as most conspiracy theories rooted in a basic knowledge of what is being challenged and can often be hard to refute... Brentford's recruitment policy vs what is being written here is easy to dismiss:

Thomas Frank is a head coach, in charge of training, tactics and selecting the team... he DOES NOT identify signings nor is he involved in transfer or contract negotiations. This "head coach" arrangement has been the case for Brentford since they parted ways with Mark Warburton and the concept of a "manager" (traditional in English football and someone who often has complete control over transfer targets, negotiations and contracts) in their first season in the Championship (2014/15), when Warburton led them to the playoff semi finals (I was at the away leg in Middlesbrough) and there was outcry from some fans and football media over the decision. Warburton did not want to have his influence in signings diminished and he didn't like the direction Brentford were headed in. They didn't understand why the owner would get rid of someone who got them so close to the Premier League in their first Championship season when they were expected to be relegated. In the 5/6 years since, the owner been proven correct with amazing transfer business, establishing them as a stable Championship team to promotion contenders to a PL team. Clubs all over the country (and on the continent) are now looking at Brentford and trying to copy their model.

Ultimately, if anyone here has issues with the number of Danish players at the club, your beef is with the owner (Matthew Benham, English) and Director of Football (Phil Giles, also English). As for Frank's team selection and his perceived "Danish bias", the only fixed Danish player in this team is Norgaard (the best player at the club, any Brentford fan will echo that), with Zanka (before injury) and Jensen likely starters but no strangers to the bench, he's rotated both at some point this season. Sorensen and Roerslev are squad players that only ever start because there are injuries elsewhere in the squad. Bidstrup and Racic are B team signings that barely feature (I suspect Racic will leave soon). Lossl is a 3rd choice keeper with PL experience and wont appear much during his time here unless there are further goalkeeping injuries.

As for the insinuation that Saman isn't playing because he's Iranian or that Brentford (or other PL clubs) are favouring other talent pools (e.g. Denmark) over the likes of Iran... First of all, Saman is there coz he's Swedish, not Iranian. He was developed in Sweden, has a Swedish passport and that enables him to play for an English team with less hassle than if he were being sign from an IPL club. There are only a handful of Iranian players that Brentford (and other PL or Championship teams) would be eligible to sign... that combined with most of our players inability to see beyond the Middle Eastern leagues if they leave the IPL (rather than going to low reputation European clubs like ARJ did with NEC) are why our players aren't eligible to play in top leagues or putting themselves in the shop window for these sorts of clubs. Frank has every right to rate his country (Euro semi finalists) higher than us... what have we done of note in international football in the last 40 odd years?

Comment

Good news is that joshua da silva is back from inury. He is normally paired with saman, so Frank might change to 4-3-3 or 4-3-1-2 . Thats the formation saman would fit in perfectly.

Comment

Working...
                                X