Alireza Jahanbakhsh @ Brighton & Hove Albion | 2018-2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Taz View Post
    As a Liverpool fan, I actually don't want to see him starting on Sunday. March and Knocky, please. Having said that, law of averages say he's due some sort of meaningful positive contribution to a game.
    He’s better at defending than Knockaert and least likely to try to take on the whole team up front, lose the ball and get done on the counter. I’d rather Brighton play ten defenders all about 6ft5 and stick them in front of the goal 😀
    YNWA

Comment

Originally posted by BacheLot View Post
      i be hoping to see him in action vs citay ... hence affording him another chance to make some sorta mends for his weak debut season..! would love to witness a BHA upset regardless..!!
      as others already mentioned and as evident by his career track record, he is certain to improve for the upcoming season with the full Pre-season under his belt and hopefully with BHA improving their CAM position vastly in off season ..!
      yet imo his performance improvements will be rather Incremental and im still highly doubtful he'd Ever be able to tear it up down the wing like his last season at AZ in any EPL team for that matter.!!
      Reality is that, Next season Ali is still gonna be facing defenses of EPL quality and he will still be at the lowly BHA...! a club that's frankly by en large outa their depth in EPL and with the sorta do$h that their owner typically drops, all they can realistically aim for is EPL survival and possibly a miraculous/lucky run deeper into the cup competitions..!
      BTW
      Next season will certainly be the "last chance saloon" situation for Alireza..! if he fails to impose himself much better next season, he will in all likelihood be off-loaded (regardless of big lo$$)to 2-3rd rated EU leagues in best case scenario..!
      More likely if he has a poor half season instead of selling him they will probably look to send him out on loan in the hope that he performs well there and they can get back a better investment on him. Would do him the world of good , confidence wise as well if that does happen to go somewhere with less pressure on him.

Comment

Originally posted by Medzdidz View Post
        More likely if he has a poor half season instead of selling him they will probably look to send him out on loan in the hope that he performs well there and they can get back a better investment on him. Would do him the world of good , confidence wise as well if that does happen to go somewhere with less pressure on him.
        I think he is on too high of wages for BHA to find a willing loan deal suitor....say in Eredivisie or other weak league clubs & unless BHA get him to accept lower wages or be willing to pay a portion of his wages..!
        Even as is Ali is still a decent depth WB/winger option for BHA & you need definitely depth in all positions to survive an EPL relegation..! He is more likely imo to @ least finish off 1 more season with BHA, than to be loaned out mid season ..!

Comment

Originally posted by BacheLot View Post
          I think he is on too high of wages for BHA to find a willing loan deal suitor....say in Eredivisie or other weak league clubs & unless BHA get him to accept lower wages or be willing to pay a portion of his wages..!
          Even as is Ali is still a decent depth WB/winger option for BHA & you need definitely depth in all positions to survive an EPL relegation..! He is more likely imo to @ least finish off 1 more season with BHA, than to be loaned out mid season ..!
          Good point , hopefully he gets a few goals in pre season for them.

Comment

For AJ to play better on this team, the team has to accept him which they have not so far.
            "History is a set of lies that people have agreed upon,"

Comment

Originally posted by Medzdidz View Post
              He’s better at defending than Knockaert and least likely to try to take on the whole team up front, lose the ball and get done on the counter. I’d rather Brighton play ten defenders all about 6ft5 and stick them in front of the goal 😀
              YNWA
              Aziz dont forget you still have to beat Wolves

Comment

Nothing to lose here for Brington but to end on a good note.

Really hope Ali just gets the boots on the field, even as a late sub....

Comment

Was watching a clip of some highlights he had against Lyon, looks night and day compared to his Brighton performances. So bizarre this season.

Comment

Originally posted by TM4LIFE View Post
                    Was watching a clip of some highlights he had against Lyon, looks night and day compared to his Brighton performances. So bizarre this season.
                    This is what a complete crushing of a player's confidence looks like: Thank you CH, BHA teammates, and fans for imploding this kid's self-esteem.

Comment

Dreamt last night that Alireza scored the winner against City.
                      Persian Pride running through my veins!

Esteghlal for life!!

Comment

Originally posted by perspolis#1 View Post
                        Aziz dont forget you still have to beat Wolves
                        I’m hoping that their already on holiday, they are a very good team. Will be a good game.

Comment

Originally posted by diz View Post
                          This is what a complete crushing of a player's confidence looks like: Thank you CH, BHA teammates, and fans for imploding this kid's self-esteem.
                          Come on diz jaan. Have more confidence in ARJ. He is bigger than that. I agree that his teammates have not been supporting him wholeheartedly yet ARJ has a strong character and will come through. It's also the nature of the most competitive league on the planet. It's called cut-throat attitude. I actually think CH has been genuinely supportive of ARJ. I keep standing for the glorious future of ARJ shining at EPL.

Go ARJ!

Comment

Originally posted by diz View Post
                            Bro compared to other foreign flops who get quickly benched he’s been treated more than fairly. He was slowly eased at the start and he’s been played fairly regularly for a guy that’s literally done nothing so far. I’m sure our fans would be just as pissed off if the same scenario had happened with a foreign player that cost as much as in playing in PP or SS.

unfortunately he’s just not that good and a small number of members voiced their concern about his hype when he was killing it in the shitty Dutch league.

Comment

Originally posted by Ali Doust View Post
                              For AJ to play better on this team, the team has to accept him which they have not so far.
                              What does that even mean
                              ballast parcham bi boro bargard refigh negaran nabash bikhod to aslan

Comment

Thanks Futballdoost and Pourya jaan. I admit, I can't objectively view ARJ's journey, as I'm emotionally invested in his success. Hoping he rises above this!

Comment

Working...
                                X