No announcement yet.

Alireza Jahanbakhsh @ Brighton & Hove Albion | 2018-2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I tell you what though, what a defensive performance from Brighton, this West Ham side have a lot of attacking talent so for them to soak up all this pressure and keep a clean sheet is a measure of CH's coaching ability. Stick that up your somit somit, you haters.

Comment

3 points!!! Good result at home Brighton in a decent place going into the international break
      Team Meli Iran
      Perspolis FC
      Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Lucky win for Brighton.
        Terrible game.

Comment

To all those stats analysers. Here is a fun fact for ya. when ARJ starts for Brighton, they have a 100% record. Now put that in your pipe and smoke it.
          "History is a set of lies that people have agreed upon,"

Comment

Kayal definitely MOTM, was like Brighton's James Milner today. Very good 3 points against a dangerous West Ham, feels good. 12th now

Comment

Originally posted by Taz View Post
              I tell you what though, what a defensive performance from Brighton, this West Ham side have a lot of attacking talent so for them to soak up all this pressure and keep a clean sheet is a measure of CH's coaching ability. Stick that up your somit somit, you haters.
              4 teams in all of the premiership have less goals than West Ham. They aren't exactly Barcelona are they.
              "Formerly known as AliDaeiClone"

Comment

They were averaging 5.5 goals a game in their last two games. They're actually far far superior to Barcelona.

Comment

Originally posted by AliDaeiClone View Post
                  4 teams in all of the premiership have less goals than West Ham. They aren't exactly Barcelona are they.
                  Five.

Might want to brush up on your maths.

Comment

To put that result in to perspective, in their last 4 games in all comps West Ham have; drawn with Chelsea, thrashed Macclesfield (okay, they’re awful) 8-0, beaten a decent Everton team 3-1 and beaten Man.U (okay, they’re worse than Macclesfield). Whatever way you want to look at it, they’re a good side on a very decent run of form and despite injuries to some of our key players we’ve ground out 3 points and our first clean sheet of the season. We probably should have had a second as I thought Locadia was a fraction onside.

It wasn’t a classic game but it was a solid performance by the team overall. As for AJ I thought he had a mixed performance. There was some big positives for sure - some nice touches and flicks, a good block early in the first half, a smart run for our goal and another run early in the second half on the counter. However there was also a few mistakes too - times where he thought he had more time than he did, a few overhit through-balls and the shot he sent in to orbit. All the signs point to a talented player who still isn’t quite settled and maybe snatched at his first start and tried too hard to make something happen.

Some of the rasher fans on here have been upset he hasn’t started earlier, but can you imagine the added pressure of starting your first game against Man.U or away at Anfield? The added pressure probably would have not helped. We’ve now got a weeks break whilst England bore everyone to sleep (I’m not even sure who they’re playing) and then we have a run of very winnable games. Our next game against a “top 5” side isn’t until he middle of December now so hopefully we’ll be able to string a few wins together and give AJ some serious minutes. I might be alone with this but a 4-2-3-1 with Knockaert, Jahnakabash & Izquierdo playing as a fluid 3 behind Murray/Andone makes me very horny.

Comment

Originally posted by BHAFC View Post
                      To put that result in to perspective, in their last 4 games in all comps West Ham have; drawn with Chelsea, thrashed Macclesfield (okay, they’re awful) 8-0, beaten a decent Everton team 3-1 and beaten Man.U (okay, they’re worse than Macclesfield). Whatever way you want to look at it, they’re a good side on a very decent run of form and despite injuries to some of our key players we’ve ground out 3 points and our first clean sheet of the season. We probably should have had a second as I thought Locadia was a fraction onside.
                      It wasn’t a classic game but it was a solid performance by the team overall. As for AJ I thought he had a mixed performance. There was some big positives for sure - some nice touches and flicks, a good block early in the first half, a smart run for our goal and another run early in the second half on the counter. However there was also a few mistakes too - times where he thought he had more time than he did, a few overhit through-balls and the shot he sent in to orbit. All the signs point to a talented player who still isn’t quite settled and maybe snatched at his first start and tried too hard to make something happen.
                      Some of the rasher fans on here have been upset he hasn’t started earlier, but can you imagine the added pressure of starting your first game against Man.U or away at Anfield? The added pressure probably would have not helped. We’ve now got a weeks break whilst England bore everyone to sleep (I’m not even sure who they’re playing) and then we have a run of very winnable games. Our next game against a “top 5” side isn’t until he middle of December now so hopefully we’ll be able to string a few wins together and give AJ some serious minutes. I might be alone with this but a 4-2-3-1 with Knockaert, Jahnakabash & Izquierdo playing as a fluid 3 behind Murray/Andone makes me very horny.
                      I agree in that a fluid 3 would work really well with their pace and constant switching as is popular in football formations these days.

England have got Croatia and Spain in the Nations League Cup, I’m actually interested with the squad he’s picked. See how the young kids get on.

Comment

Positive comments about Jahanbakhsh on Twitter about his performance.

Remember, this was his first start in a tough, tough league. He will need a bit of time to acclimate, he looked a bit winded after minute 55.

Great win for Brighton, they need these type of wins to stay afloat in the Premier League.

Comment

ARJ was at all the right places when he needed to be. He showed good hustle. He's not an amazing player in the air (he's no Sardar in the air), but he was well-placed for two possible headers that were just a bit too high for his height. In addition, he had a great opportunity to score on a nice assist from Murry, but he was a bit too anxious in getting it off and he footed it too high above the goal. He also had a nice shot on goal, but it was essentially directly to the keeper, which made for a relatively non-dangerous shot. Now that he's got his first start under his belt, he knows what he's up against and what to look for in his team mates. Overall, I think it was a good introduction to the starting line up...and they actually won!

Comment

Been back an hour. Not a very good match, Brighton missed early half chances, and did not have a ball winner in midfield.

Went as expected really. I put beer money on a home win. CH did what I would have done (said before) put Alireza Jahanbakhsh on the first bit and then bring on José Izquierdo for the last knockings.

Bruno made all the difference in the back line always in the right position when required. A very underrated player. Live it did not look as though West Ham to have any room to squeeze the ball in or even get a shot in.

West Ham made the fatal mistake of underestimating the speed of Beram Kayal, something that I alluded to.

Alireza Jahanbakhsh played OK. He looks more like a second striker than a winger to me.

Comment

If I could have one wish for Brighton's improvement, it would be their off-the-ball movement. Everyone, including Jahanbakhsh was really poor in finding the windows to give an outlet to whichever Brighton player had the ball. This led to them giving the ball away cheaply too many times with poor passes (since they didnt have options) and easy tackles (because they held onto the ball too long with no outlet options) and chasing the ball too many times (much more tiring) rather than keeping possession. They put in a little more work on the front-end running into the space when they don't have the ball and they could do very well because they did show some real creativity today while they were trying to force really special through-balls. They don't need to produce something special, just calm down and be effective. They could solidly sit mid-table and with all these 5-year contracts and a pretty young team they could give a shot at Europa in a couple years. A lot to be hopeful for here, clearly a patient club/manager/fan base that could really allow them the time to develop methodically.

Comment

Originally posted by Perseus View Post
                                Been back an hour. Not a very good match, Brighton missed early half chances, and did not have a ball winner in midfield.

Went as expected really. I put beer money on a home win. CH did what I would have done (said before) put Alireza Jahanbakhsh on the first bit and then bring on José Izquierdo for the last knockings.

Bruno made all the difference in the back line always in the right position when required. A very underrated player. Live it did not look as though West Ham to have any room to squeeze the ball in or even get a shot in.

West Ham made the fatal mistake of underestimating the speed of Beram Kayal, something that I alluded to.

Alireza Jahanbakhsh played OK. He looks more like a second striker than a winger to me.

Thats because you haven't watched him play as a Right winger for a fun match. He is head and shoulders above the rest of the competition in that position. CH is wasting his time playing him in different positions he needs to give him the starting job on the right and allow him to control the pace of the game and I will guarantee the team will be producing a whole lot more. Murray will definitely appreciate having Ali play to the right of him.
                                "History is a set of lies that people have agreed upon,"

Comment

Working...
                                X