This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KC McElroy View Post
    Can you also post their ages at the time of the tournament?
    Not disputing the ages just posting that many members although at 23 years of age or under were still in the senior squad.

Comment

Originally posted by tooleh khers View Post
      Not disputing the ages just posting that many members although at 23 years of age or under were still in the senior squad.
      That's correct. They had a young senior national team. But this tournament was for U23 teams (plus 3 overage players).
      I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

That's correct. They had a young senior national team. But this tournament was for U23 teams (plus 3 overage players).
        Yes correct and we won Gold which is much better than losing 1-0.

Comment

Yes correct and we won Gold which is much better than losing 1-0.
          No. It's a youth tournament.
          I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

No. It's a youth tournament.
            Still an international tournament. And the Asian cup third place? The WAFF title? The intercontinental? The back to back IPL titles and ACL final? All bow to CQ 1-0 vs Argentina.

Comment

Any updates on the status of Ezzatolahi?

Comment

Dont forget the Asian games gold medal which is the last time Iran won any big tournament in Asia. To insult Branko because he had a falling out with CQ is absurd.
                And it's worth mentioning that his team beat S. Korea at home in the Semis and Japan in the final to win Gold.

Comment

Still an international tournament. And the Asian cup third place? The WAFF title? The intercontinental? The back to back IPL titles and ACL final? All bow to CQ 1-0 vs Argentina.
                  they all bow to qualifying back to back and so easily the second time as well, and to the WC Performance in 2018 yes. That shouldnt be too difficult to comprehend.

Comment

Not to that one game. To the results and performance overall.

Comment

Except that Branko has achieved better results with Iran. He finished third with Iran in the Asian cup and won an Asian games gold. Whether people like it or not only stats matter. I hope CQ is able to bring home the Asian cup so we can give him the credit he deserves IMO for his hard work in Iran for the last 8 years.
                      I agree with you 100%. I personally am the one to judge a manger on the silverware they bring
                      back home.

But if I were to say that, I would be attacked by the others. But yes, you are 100% correct!

Comment

You guys are delusional.

I am a huge Perspolisi and Branko fan but to say that he has done better with TM than CQ , is a pure ignorant statement.

You guys keep talking about Iran's asian cup 2004 success , but Iran's performance in the group stage was terrible and we only had one
                        good game vs. South Korea and thats it.

Also in the Asian games that Iran won gold in , TM was the only country that played with our main U-23 team + Daie,Golmohammadi and Mirzapoor,
                        where every other nation, Played with thier U-21 players.

And in 2006 Iran had one of the best TM's of our recent times and did the worst so how in the hell you guys are saying Branko did better ?

And in case you didn,t know Iran missed the 2002 WC with Branko as mr. Blazevic's assistant coach of TM.

Some People here dont know jack sh*t about soccer or even Iranian soccer history , all they are doing is yap yap yap with
                        some inacurrate informations.

Comment

Originally posted by sarbaz View Post
                          You guys are delusional.

I am a huge Perspolisi and Branko fan but to say that he has done better with TM than CQ , is a pure ignorant statement.

You guys keep talking about Iran's asian cup 2004 success , but Iran's performance in the group stage was terrible and we only had one
                          good game vs. South Korea and thats it.

Also in the Asian games that Iran won gold in , TM was the only country that played with our main senior team where every other nation,
                          Played with thier U-23 players.

And in 2006 Iran had one of the best TM's of our recent times and did the worst so how in the hell you guys are saying Brank did better ?

And in case you didn,t know Iran missed the 2002 WC with Branko as mr. Blazevic's assistant coach of TM.

Some People here dont know jack sh*t about soccer or even Iranian soccer history , all they are doing is yap yap yap with
                          some inacurrate informations.
                          It was our u-23 team but with 3 senior players (Mirzapour, Daei and Golmohammadi).

Comment

Yes that's right Nokhodi jan.

Comment

I genuinely don't understand how anyone can put branko and CQ in the same sentence without some Olympian level Doublethink. CQ is far from perfect, but Branko set our football back a decade.

Comment

Originally posted by Leicester City View Post
                                I personally am the one to judge a manger on the silverware they bring
                                back home.

But if I were to say that, I would be attacked by the others. But yes, you are 100% correct!
                                if you use only this to define success for managers then by your definition the only successful TM managers are mahmoud bayati, mohammad ranjabar, and heshmat mohajerani, - the only tm coaches to win a major trophy. thats an awful way to measure a international coach especially when you're talking about Iran. asian games is a u23 tournament that doesn't matter to anyone outside of asia, at least asian cup is full squads with some level of international attention although even that is minimal. good to branko for getting gold he gets deserved credit for that but its not applicable in the comparison of cq to branko for so many obvious reasons.
                                Team Meli Iran
                                Perspolis FC
                                Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Working...
                                X